• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League opening week

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Matches for this week- (All times local, unless stated)
Friday 3rd
Glasgow v Leinster, 1905
Ulster v Ospreys, 1905

Saturday 4th
Connacht v Newport Gwent Dragons, 1730
Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh, 1830,
Benetton Treviso v Scarlets, 1905
Munster v Aironi, 1930

Last edited:
Lads was just looking at the Aironi squad and well would anyone else agree that this squad has super potential to be very competitive. Like just knowing Nick Williams from Munster and the man is a monster when in form and well Bortalami is a fine player but some of their new signings really can give this franchise a super start to it's history

What's with the '@' American bullshit? 'nuff of that ********, 'v' please, and put the teams the right way round!!!

Friday, 03 September 2010
Glasgow v Leinster, 19:05
Ulster v Ospreys, 19:05

Saturday, 04 September 2010
Benetton Treviso v Scarlets, 19:05
Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh, 18:30
Connacht v Newport-Gwent Dragons, 17:30
Munster v Aironi Rugby, 19:30

Ospreys to win the league second year running! But saying that, Newport have such an easy opener against Connach!

Connacht have been known to cause a few upsets in their time, especially at home.
and the Ospreys blow hot and cold, while they can be excellent, they can also be pants. I'm backing Ulster this year, they won't be hit as hard by internationals being missing, and are getting stronger each year

Will the prediction comp be running again. I want to build on my top 10 finish of last years.

Connacht have been known to cause a few upsets in their time, especially at home.
Yeah, the Dragons have a rather poor record over at Galway, not to mention a few injuries.

For the Ospreys, James Hook (shoulder surgery) will be out until late Septembe/early October, Ryan Jones (knee) will be out for "a couple of weeks", and Mike Phillips is looking doubtful (knee).
Good news is that Jerry Collins will be fit to start the season.

Will the prediction comp be running again. I want to build on my top 10 finish of last years.

Doesn't seem likely considering we haven't see An Tarbh in a g ood few months. I could set a league up on the official website if you want.

Might be worth it, depends on how many guys will want to do it.

Also, which games will be on BBC/S4C. I assume the Ospreys will be on Friday night but who will S4C show?

Last edited:
BBC is showing Ulster vs Ospreys, S4C has the diveball (Montenegro vs Wales) on Friday and the Blues/Edinburgh on the Sat

Last edited:
I'm about to post a fixtures and tv listings thread so bear with me.

I'm about to post a fixtures and tv listings thread so bear with me.

Cheers Feicarsinn.

All fixtures, times, channels here: [ur;=http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php]Magners League[/url]

Might be worth it, depends on how many guys will want to do it.

Also, which games will be on BBC/S4C. I assume the Ospreys will be on Friday night but who will S4C show?

I've found Tarbh's thingy so I'd be willing to run it if and considering the games start in a week we'd want to make a move. Will I go ahead and set it up?

I've found Tarbh's thingy so I'd be willing to run it if and considering the games start in a week we'd want to make a move. Will I go ahead and set it up?

Yeah, why not. I'm sure there'll be enough people wanting to do it.

Fair enough, I'll talk to the mods or something about the rep situation. Obviously if I can't give out rep without spreading it around I can't reward round winners and the like.

Latest posts