• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maori XV

haha yeah I get it, just taking the ****... what they're trying to say is that cory jane says "chur bro", "cuz", "oowww" and "tumeke" :)

I don't know if you guys get Australia's got talent over there in NZ but how's this for a freak out. close your eyes and listen to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLzy-REPosA

I don't get it.. are you saying James O'Connor is Maori?

10. Quade Cooper (He's a born and bred maori, why not pick him lol)

Anyone who starts cat fights then runs and hides behind his fowards isn't Maori bro. He's too much of a coward to even be called a Mozzie.

Last edited:
Anyone who starts cat fights then runs and hides behind his fowards isn't Maori bro. He's too much of a coward to even be called a Mozzie.

I agree, hes gonna cop a lot of hate at the world cup. He deserves it the smug little ****

I use to hear (on the radio) a female singer/pianist called Diana Krall. I had never seen a picture of her, and I got the shock of my life when I saw her for the first time on TV..... she is a white blond, but listening to her voice, I had always visualised her as Black!!

and canadian....lol

this is a bit of an aside, but what asre the rules for Maori. ie: how many times removed can you be to be considered Maori?

Not sure if that makes sense.

As an aside, I get the "speaks like a Maori". Here in canada, natives have a very noticable way of speaking, both accent and cadance...

this is a bit of an aside, but what asre the rules for Maori. ie: how many times removed can you be to be considered Maori?

Not sure if that makes sense.

As an aside, I get the "speaks like a Maori". Here in canada, natives have a very noticable way of speaking, both accent and cadance...

I think the rules are any Maori blood no matter how small. However the original point of the team is becoming slightly redundant now that Maori blood is being watered down so much in a lot of cases.

I think I heard before that you have to be 1/16th Maori, so that's one great-great Grandparent - Not sure how much truth is in that though, just remember hearing it a while back

I once read, that blood isn't even required. People like Messam who speak Te Reo and actually do something for the local community are considered also Maori.

nah you have to qualify through heritage. Dont think theres a certain amount of heritage though. **** I wouldnt even pick Guildford for the Maori's these days

Im pretty certain that DC is of either Tongan/Samoan ethnicity but because he wasn't raised by his biological dad, he doesn't count that.Also Cook Islanders aren't Maori. Fact.

Im pretty certain that DC is of either Tongan/Samoan ethnicity but because he wasn't raised by his biological dad, he doesn't count that.Also Cook Islanders aren't Maori. Fact.

Haha Dan's mum must have liked a certain kind of man because Dan looks a fair bit like Neville. I have never heard a mention of his Tongan/Samoan heritage but have seen a few articles stating him as maori. (Never heard Dan himself state his heritage)

According to wikipedia and also many other websites, over 90% of Cook Islanders are in fact Maori. Not NZ Maori obviously but Cook Island Maori.

This thread has reached four pages and i'm the only one that has named a team, that's pretty sad.

This thread has reached four pages and i'm the only one that has named a team, that's pretty sad.

Haha ok. Lemme see.. I'm only picking guys playing in NZ & we all know are Maori beyond doubt. None of this look back through their family tree ten deep nonsense.

1. Jacob Ellison
2. Hikawera Elliot
3. Kees Meeuws
4. Jarred hoeata
5. Isaac Ross
6. Colin bourke
7. Tanerau Latimer
8. Liam Messam (c)
9. Piri Weepu
10. Aaron Cruden
11. Hosea Gear
12. Stephen Brett
13. Richard kahui
14. Sean maitland
15. Israel Dagg

1. Jacob Ellison
2. Hikawera Elliot
3. Kees Meeuws
4. Jarred hoeata
5. Isaac Ross
6. Colin bourke
7. Tanerau Latimer
8. Liam Messam (c)
9. Piri Weepu
10. Aaron Cruden
11. Hosea Gear
12. Stephen Brett
13. Richard kahui
14. Sean maitland
15. Israel Dagg

That would be a very good team, would easily beat at least half the teams at the world cup i reckon.
Considering the incumbent All Black wingers wouldn't make the cut Maori rugby is looking very strong.

Haha I love it. Dan Carter part polynesian! Classic

And on the Cook Island thing. Rene Ranger is "Cook Island Maori" not "New Zealand Maori" so he can't play for NZ Maori. I think smartcooky disagreed with me that there arn't Cook Island Maori's but I can assure you there are. My ex gf was

Hi James, sorry to burst your bubble about Dan Carter, but he has no Maori blood in him at all. Any media reference to this, is completely wrong. I am his 1st cousin and have his family tree details from both sides of his family, dating back to the 1800's. He is from 100% white European stock.

Only from guys playing overseas:

1)Deacon Manu
2)Aled De Malmance
3)Carl Hayman
4)Victor Matfield
5)Paul ***o
6)Troy Flavell
7)Angus McDonald
8)Thomas Waldrom
9)Richard Kingi
10)Quade Cooper
11)Rico Gear
12)Riki Flutey/Shontayne Hape
13)Regan King
14)Tamati Ellison
15)James Arlidge

16)Hikairo Forbes
17)Karena Wihongi
18)Ross Filipo
19)Leroy Houston
20)Ruki Te Puna
21)Luke McAlister
22)Joe Maddock

23)Huia Edmonds
24)Pek Cowan
25)Isaac Ross
26)Kristian Ormsby
27)Daniel Bowden/Willie Ripia/Stephen Brett
28)Ryan Nicholas
29)Bruce Reihana
30)Bryce Robbins

I dare say that squad would have put up a decent fight in this years world cup.. Still some handy players left out too.

Latest posts