• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

mapusua gone to saracens

He was awesome for me back in the day when i was the highlanders in rugby 2005 :p

guess we will finally see him wear the manu samoan jersey at the rugby world cup

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 24 2006, 10:11 PM
He was awesome for me back in the day when i was the highlanders in rugby 2005 :p
I think I see what your talking about, I hope I see what your talking about... think the mapusua story may not be over yet. The guy's to good for the northern hemisphere... Henry's eye's are every where...

well hes off...hes tried his luck with the abs and only got as close as the junior abs and the allblack trials..

and in his interview with tv 3 he said hed play for samoa at the world cup

mmmmm sounds gravy...brian lima and mapusua in the midfield...with faatau and david lemi on the wings and hopefully loki cricton at fullback

yeah don't think he would have made the abs but he has been at otago for around 5-6 years and too fill a spot with his experince will be very hard to do

Big loss for Highlanders, never really hard a solid backline, and it'll be all the more flimsy without him.

Always respected him since he score a heap of tries against us (Southland) v Taranaki way back in the late 90s. Will be deserved reward to represent Manu Samoa.

^^^yeh i just hate how they commit themselves to the abs and when they dont make it..."ill jus go play for my island team"...

that sux....hes a class player,im sure hes been asked before to play for samoa..but wateva

He lacked that vital ingredient for a top international midfielder...........pace....

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 28 2006, 09:34 PM
He lacked that vital ingredient for a top international midfielder...........pace....
which seems to be the only thing lacking...

If he could have offloaded in the tackle during the Tah's game... could have been a big help.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 28 2006, 10:43 PM
If he could have offloaded in the tackle during the Tah's game... could have been a big help.
True, but then the Highlanders only needed to catch the ball 2 more times and they wouldn't have conceded any tries, which were very soft (yeah yeah conditions)

The Southern boys should have been used to the conditions so I think that game really got away from them... shame about the ball handling... BUT the Tah's I think didn't play that well... and thats really good news.

I think this is a big loss to the highlanders it will be hard to replace him in the backline.

Out of any of you southern guys who do you think would be a good replacement for him in the team???

Originally posted by Candyman@May 4 2006, 08:59 PM
yes yes he did that another excellent choice dave
Why thank you kind sir, and what a fine gentleman you are. Good day :run:

Latest posts