• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mario Has Left Trf....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, i sense the the end of TRF unless we can bring mario back.

Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 28 2005, 11:04 PM
yep, i sense the the end of TRF unless we can bring mario back.
I doubt that a lot. This place isn't about the rugby games, it's about rugby and hard core redneck videogames....YEAH!

I think that was me that posted that kafta in a thread I can't remember. I must have posted that when I was in rage mode. Defintely having no contact from somebody at Sidhe will be a massive blow in the future and also even for mcc where we now have to go to the Sidhe forum or rely on someone posting the info here. Also Mario will be missed if we have questions about the current games when they release. we will once again have to either go to the Sidhe forums or rely on someone posting answers here. Hope everyone that wanted mario gone is now happy that not only they but the rest of the forum has to go to the Sidhe forums now to get info/answers to questions or rely on the generousity of someone transfering the info across to here

Edit: i think trf will still be around unless swordfish decide to bail as well because swordfish= funding/hosting no swordfish good bye trf as we know it and possibly for ever.

yeah stupic googel... I would like to congratulate mario on leaving more than one page of legacy that guy with tana in his avatar has one post!

The way I see it, outside of Los Lover and (at most) one or two other comments, the most Mario got was a debate.About Los, he must be angry, fair call. He must think "Why should I tolerate personal attacks?", again fair call.

He must have known that Los would be banned.

I think he's one of the best reasons to be associated with a forum like this. Yes, I've questioned and argued with him, but never in an insulting way. Most people haven't. This has largely been an individual's personal attack.

I also think dovepoop hasn't really done much but be in the firing line. He said " I hate you too" to dovepoop.

I'm all for having Mario back, but for those of you who've done nothing wrong, don't feel you have to beg for forgiveness here.

Mario did pick and choose which questions to answer, so lets hope he eventually figures out which abuse to ignore.

Nothing against him at all, but I think in poker this is called a bluff.

Remember he can sign up as whatever name he wants.

Just my opinion. I sincerely respect him.
<

Originally posted by Serge@Oct 28 2005, 10:17 PM
You can still find mario on plenty of other forums so no big deal.

This is an example that you should be proactive (is that the right word?) rather than reactive.
Who's this supposed to be aimed at??, the Mods here??

I've not only recently cleaned out all the crap posted by some members in the Sidhe/Swordfish threads (resulting in Trev actually posting more regularly now), but also warned Los Lover as recently as Thursday, and deleted his recent posts in the Sidhe threads...........in those same threads I also warned jacko and Kaftka about spamming "off topic" **** only for them to return and do exactly the same - which again I had to delete.......

.....I also blame some of the other members who blatently flout rules, mod warnings and "egg on" idiots like Los Lover and Chiro (though to be fair to Chiro after being warned last week or so he is actually posting some decent stuff now)........

....so now Mario, a games developer who we should have welcomed here as a member, has gone because of uncalled personal abuse??

A few people are going to kill this forum, mods are sick of having to delete crap all the time, and I for one are seriously wondering if i can be bothered with this place anymore - as are many other members I would suggest.........

Sorry about my spamming off topic thing, it will not happen again... unless it is absolutely called for!

Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 29 2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry about my spamming off topic thing, it will not happen again... unless it is absolutely called for!
Little late for that perhaps...................but good to hear........

By the way threads you have started in the "other" games topic are now deleted..............never to return.............

Sick of seeing this rubbish about "Lattimorx" posted all over unrelated threads (including this very one), if I see you mention it anywhere on this forum again you'll be banned for some time........you were previously warned, but chose to ignore..........

Had a guts full..........

As a teacher there are some basic rules that are to be adhered to at all costs in schools. Since this forum is going down the lines of a "G" rating then these guidelines may help with code and conduct.

Respect everybody........this is kept by rules such as.....

1. No put downs of any type. Teachers do not put down children and children do not put down fellow children or teachers. Any breach of this rule in anyway is instantly squashed and brings a reprimand which is preferably done in private.

Now applying this to TRF (considering we are going down the "G" rating) would mean that any posts at all which hint of a PERSONAL maliciuos nature is instantly deleted. Because like school children, if the posts remain on TRF for any length of time it will cause a backlash from the insultee as well as anyone else who reads it.

2. Attend to the victim. A lot of times teachers are so busy telling off the aggressor that they have no time left for the victim, which is what the aggressor wants. Disruptive kids in school sometimes don't care too much about reprimands. They actually like all the focus the teacher is putting on them. It gives them power if a lot of time in class that the teacher has is spent directed to them.

Applying this to the rugby forum. If the incident has unfortunately blown out of control and become bigger than the 2 parties involved then most of the focus needs to be foccussed on who is deemed to be the innocent party. For instance this thread should have had its focus on beng sorry (All of TRF) towards Mario and trying to ask/beg/sweet talk/promise him to stay. Having the focus on kicking the ones in breach may bring personal satisfaction but in the end the bottom line is the innocent victim is still hurt and will do whatever they feel is neccesary to feel better..........like leave.

3. Everyone owns their own stuff. When both parties are at each other and it becomes *** for tat then teachers will reprimand both on what they have done regardless of whether it was a reaction. The first offender will still have the majority of the blame but the child who has retaliated inappropriately regardless of whether it was justified or not will still have to answer for their action as well.

Applying this to TRF. Sometimes in arguments that have gone wrong their are 2 tangoing. We have to be fair and also reprimand the rataliatory party if they too are acting inappropriately. Taking sides when they are both being inappropriate is one way to make the dispute worse.

4. Teachers repimand in private if possible. Teachers in keeping with the first rule will if all possible reprimand in private. A public reprimand is a hidden way of demeaning a child and shows disrespect. Sometimes this is not possible and a public rebuke may be needed on the spot. However after the situation has ended and the victim taken care of, the teacher should then take the child and privately deal with it. This means the child is not demeaned as a person publicly and also if the child is the type who loves causing a scene they become dispowered somewhat as their public disruptions have less affect. Cowardly teachers who need the whole class to see them tell off a student are simply hiding behind the majority. Effective teachers do not need to hide behind anyone and reprimands in private.

Applying this to TRF. Members should be dealt with (reprimanded) in PM. If any member tries to argue with a mod or admin on the public board their posts should be deleted and again directed back to PM. A lot of the so called TRF wars this year should have all happened in PM. If a mod or admin makes a public showing of a member in public then they too are abusing and breaching the golden rule of respect. Members ultimately will follow leaders examples and if leaders say do one thing while doing another then members will see double standards...............which will lead to a drop in respect.......which will mean a drop in TRF.

So my 5 cents summary would be:

Admins and Mods lead by example..............what you want is not what you will get. What you do is what you'll get back.

Members.................remember that admin and mods are human too and make mistakes. If you were in their position and had never done this sort of thing before...........you too would make a mistake............or two.............or a whole lot. Nobodies perfect except John Eales
<

God bless everyone and I hope we work through this and go on to better things for all
<

Gay "Panda" Guy

Ah........ school teachers...............
<

That sounds kinda "nice,warm and fuzzy", but sometimes people can become too "politically correct" (actually a bit like New Zealands appalling education system), and actually end up offending no one but acheiving nothing........

Mods have better things to do with their time then to continually delete/warn the same members (yes, by way of PMing) over and over, with little response...........the forum is here to post your own views in an intelligent, well thought out manner without infringing on the rights of other posters to do the same.

We have a 3 strikes system for minor offenders, warn, warn again, ban - can't get fairer then that.

......I also take offense to your "essay", especially your "summing up' where Mods are told basically to do their job better, whilst members are told to forgive mods for their mistakes???

Such nonsense does "sum up' something: it sort of sums up why the forum is the way it is at the moment.........

I'm pretty sure that Mario has seriously thought of leaving this forum recently, the latest attack was the last straw for him - in the end TRF needed Mario more than Mario needed TRF.........

How do Jackos threads in anyway hurt, insult or cause any problems for anyone? I know some of its daft but it gives us something to chat about while theres not much happening, and its a good laugh.

I know it sucks that Mario s gone, but he said this forum is no longer any good, thats a shot at everyone and it means he aint never coming back. Its time to move on. Forums will always have people like los lover youve just got do deal with them the way you have, anything else is out of your hands, but Jacko!?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 29 2005, 01:21 PM
I know it sucks that Mario s gone, but he said this forum is no longer any good, thats a shot at everyone and it means he aint never coming back. Its time to move on.
Yes Mario leaving is not just a shot at Los............it is a shot at all of us.

We are all responsible if we are members.

I myself feel responsible because during a lot of these so called wars I have stood back and let it happen without trying to do anything.

I suppose the discontent a lot of people have at the moment will only change when we examine ourselves first.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 29 2005, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 29 2005, 02:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Oct 29 2005, 01:21 PM
I know it sucks that Mario s gone, but he said this forum is no longer any good, thats a shot at everyone and it means he aint never coming back. Its time to move on.
Yes Mario leaving is not just a shot at Los............it is a shot at all of us.

I myself feel responsible because during a lot of these so called wars I have stood back and let it happen without trying to do anything.

I suppose the discontent a lot of people have at the moment will only change when we examine ourselves first. [/b]
.........and sorry gay guy if you may have thought my post above was a little 'direct", however as a long time member I am pretty gutted at what has been happening on here for at least the past 6 months, and when we finally decide to do something as a group (all members) to address the problem positively something like the Mario incident occurs which is caused by a very select few.........

yes, we will go on, but what becomes of this forum is purely up to what makes up the whole - the members..........(as in ALL members/mod, whatever)

Originally posted by NZL fan+Oct 29 2005, 03:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Oct 29 2005, 03:25 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 29 2005, 02:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Oct 29 2005, 01:21 PM

I suppose the discontent a lot of people have at the moment will only change when we examine ourselves first.
.........and sorry gay guy if you may have thought my post above was a little 'direct", however as a long time member I am pretty gutted at what has been happening on here for at least the past 6 months, and when we finally decide to do something as a group (all members) to address the problem positively something like the Mario incident occurs which is caused by a very select few.........

yes, we will go on, but what becomes of this forum is purely up to what makes up the whole - the members..........(as in ALL members/mod, whatever) [/b]
Thanks NZL.....................I guess I was a bit bad too in my post..............

Yes we would ALL be devastated if TRF went down. Used to be a good place...we can get that same experience back again if we try,...........all is not lost.
<

To think all Mario had to do was ignore gLoss lover's posts and he wouldn't of had to reply to him.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 29 2005, 02:21 AM
How do Jackos threads in anyway hurt, insult or cause any problems for anyone? I know some of its daft but it gives us something to chat about while theres not much happening, and its a good laugh.
That thread on it's own didn't cause much of a problem, although it was just starting to turn into random spam. However, the subject was then being mention in totally different threads, it was ridiculous.

Forgive my ignorance but, what exactly did LL post that was so wrong?

I agree with ban, if what you guys are saying is true.

Come back Mario

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 29 2005, 08:12 PM
Forgive my ignorance but, what exactly did LL post that was so wrong?

I agree with ban, if what you guys are saying is true.

Come back Mario
Basically his posts in this section contained persistant personal attacks on Mario with a fair bit of crude language... He just couldn't manage to put a lid on his ridiculous ego, and copped a ban for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts