• Richard Cockerill

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Connor O'Shea

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Jim Mallinder

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh well Stuart Lancaster with the England job for now, but some spin on the Saxons talk. Not sure if it's been posted yet.

Rowntree and Farrell helping with I think the remainder from the WC looking for work.

I like this if I am honest, 3 respected coaches taking charge who know and have worked with the players and all have a variety of coaching experience. Its a good sensible solution and although they dont have the time to pull off anything great in the 6 nations, they will at least be able to develop the players a bit so when the new coach comes in the players will already be used to each other and have an understanding of what is expected of them now the dark days of messers Ford,Smith and Wells look to be over.

Stuart Lancaster said:
In terms of selection, our first port of call will be to the directors of rugby (at the clubs). Having been a director of rugby, I know that nobody knows the players better than them.
Obviously we want to make changes in the squad and look at new players, give them some opportunities in the Six Nations.
Have to say: this sounds encouraging!

I'm very optimistic now. :)

This has been an incredibly sensible way of doing things. There's a good amount of flexibility in the coaching squad. Lancaster can stay as a head coach, be made the attack coach, or dropped, depending on how well he does in the six nations. Rowntree has done well, holds a lot of respect, and should be a long-term asset for England. Not sure how well Farrell will do, but at least he's not tied down to a lengthy contract. Relieved that Lancaster seems to have the final say in selections too. Do these three coaches cover all the coaching responsibilities for the England squad?

Lancaster has now said he's scrapping selection policies and will pick the best players regardless of where they play - He mentions Cipriani in the article but I imagine that was the interviewer asking him about Cipriani rather than him bringing him up, especially as I doubt he'd get released by Rebels for the 6N!
They also mention Tindall and Wilkinson, but again, I think that's the BBC just mentioning names people will recognise...hopefully they won't be around!
Does mean Palmer is likely to be there though, which is a bonus

He also mentions that there are England U20 players who are pushing for spots - presumably on about Farrell, but I reckon Wade may get named in the EPS, top try scorer in the prem this season and all that jazz. Foden would have to work his ***s off with Wade and Ashton on the wings though as Wade is tiny and Ashton can't tackle :lol:

The article, for any interested:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16115543.stm

Please, Cipriani at 12, Wilkinson 10 and all the other players that shouldn't be there for the opening game of the Six Nations.

They deserve another opportunity!

Please, Cipriani at 12, Wilkinson 10 and all the other players that shouldn't be there for the opening game of the Six Nations.

They deserve another opportunity!

I had such a quizzical face on when I saw this comment in the feed thingie on the main page, then I started laughing when I opened the thread and saw a Scot had posted it.

Alred now gone from the England set-up, which is good

Hopefully whoever comes in for him will actually work with the kickers, rather than saying "No no no, the way you've been kicking all of your life, and for your club, isn't how I want you to do it, so I'll completely change everything about it and get you to start from scratch despite having an international in a few weeks!"

Latest posts