• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MASSive Kombat

SOB is NOT 108kg. Dunno if he's 116kg gram for gram, but he's clearly more than 108.

SOB is NOT 108kg. Dunno if he's 116kg gram for gram, but he's clearly more than 108.

I dunno the Leinster, ERC and Irish website all have him at 108kg. He's not overly tall and with a not overly high body fat % it's fairly believable. I mean Cian Healy is only 112kg and he​ is absoulutely massive.

I dunno the Leinster, ERC and Irish website all have him at 108kg. He's not overly tall and with a not overly high body fat % it's fairly believable. I mean Cian Healy is only 112kg and he​ is absoulutely massive.

mmm...I dunno I look at it like this: Rémi Lamerat is 105kg, while being just 1m84. I can't see for the life of me Lamerat being 3 kilos lighter than SOB.

Remi-Lamerat.jpg

29447-zoom.jpg

See what I mean ? I think the Leinster, ERC and Irish websites were just very delicate about stating his weight as they know he's self-conscious about it.

Eh Lamerat is pretty big. Just look at his legs. I think the image of SO'B you have in your head may (somehow) be bigger than he actually is. In fairness SO'B's weight has clearly flucuated at times imo. He probably is heavier than 108 but no more than 5kg heavier at the most, I'd say.

I'll have a go at the heaviest English pack...

1. Mako Vunipola - 130kg
2. Rob Webber - 114kg
3. Davey Wilson - 122kg
4. Matt Garvey - 127kg
5. Dave Attwood - 123kg
6. Carl Fearns - 118kg
7. James Haskell - 114kg
8. Billy Vunipola - 128kg

= 976kg

If you include current academy lads and other people who might be in the EPS at some point in the near future...

1. Mako Vunipola - 130kg
2. Rob Webber - 114kg
3. Davey Wilson - 122kg
4. George Merrick - 126kg
5. Dave Attwood - 123kg
6. Matt Garvey - 127kg
7. James Haskell - 114kg

=984kg

Eh Lamerat is pretty big. Just look at his legs. I think the image of SO'B you have in your head may (somehow) be bigger than he actually is. In fairness SO'B's weight has clearly flucuated at times imo. He probably is heavier than 108 but no more than 5kg heavier at the most, I'd say.

Lamerat does have enormous thighs:
Remi+Lamerat+Castres+Olympique+v+Northampton+PfkNtO39Oval.jpg

Like, way bigger than he should. Must be a thing, like, running in the family sort of a thing. You don't get em like that off of just gym.

Anyways: nah man, still. Lamerat still is pure muscle. He's a pretty boy (which has nothing to do with why he's my current favorite, naturally). O'Brien is pure bulk, pure THICK. Look at those arms, dude can't even walk properly, his arms are sticking out like he's inflated. Look at his forearms and then Lamerat's, that's pure THICKNESS. Look at his shoulders, his legs. He's a flanker...one big fkng flanker.
Picamoles is taller and around the same thickness, maybe a tad tad less. Picamoles is 116kg, so I'd give SOB 113kg.

I'll have a go at the heaviest English pack...

1. Mako Vunipola - 130kg
2. Rob Webber - 114kg
3. Davey Wilson - 122kg
4. Matt Garvey - 127kg
5. Dave Attwood - 123kg
6. Carl Fearns - 118kg
7. James Haskell - 114kg

= 976kg

shht, Haskell is 114kg ?!...wouldn't have thought so...and dang, those VunipolMASS brothers really add some fkng weight, goddamn...130kg at loosehead :lol: that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, Haskell is a renowned gym-monkey.

I think Mako might be a bit lighter than that now, but he was that heavy at the beginning of last year.
Billy was 150kg at schoolboy level!

Be interesting to see them based on a weight/height/speed/skill ratio (obviously the skill part would be subject to opinion), but surely Scott Gibbs would have to be in there as well.

(Oh, and where's Jonah?)

yeah I've seen his "Dieux du Stade" calendar pic. His six packs are ridiculous, so that's intensive gym for sure.. Complete randomness, it's not like I actually go looking for ehmm....and Rich Taff, here, let me fix that for ya:

Be interesting to see them based on a weight/height/kill ratio

Good criteria there...I abide.

yeah I've seen his "Dieux du Stade" calendar pic. His six packs are ridiculous, so that's intensive gym for sure.. Complete randomness, it's not like I actually go looking for ehmm....and Rich Taff, here, let me fix that for ya:

Good criteria there...I abide.

As long as it works on a ((weight/height+kill)-cheapshots) ratio that's great. Will make Botha useless straight away.

Ah, Bakkies Botha has put in some legitimate 'kills'. He is a pretty good footballer the rare times he puts his mind to it. You won't believe me but he played at scrumhalf in school. On a side note Matfield played fly-half and Etzebeth wing for long whiles.

Ah, Bakkies Botha has put in some legitimate 'kills'. He is a pretty good footballer the rare times he puts his mind to it. You won't believe me but he played at scrumhalf in school. On a side note Matfield played fly-half and Etzebeth wing for long whiles.

Didn't bakkies and matfield play half backs together?

Or have I misunderstood that.

Didn't bakkies and matfield play half backs together?

Or have I misunderstood that.

I don't hink so but couldn't rightly say. I do know Brian Mujati and Tendai Mtawarira propped together at schools level (what a scary thought) for Peterhouse (well known Zimbabwe boarding school). There are many guys who played together at school level though simply because there are about 10 SA schools who are very big on rugby and tend to lure the cream of the age grade crop; the players in SA very much go through a cycle of playing for one of these schools (there are a few fringe schools who have only in recent years been able to compete with the 'traditional' 'rugby schools') and from there provincial academies or now Varsity cup through the universities ending up in the provincial/superrugby teams.

Last edited:
As long as it works on a ((weight/height+kill)-cheapshots) ratio that's great. Will make Botha useless straight away.

hehe, no doubt !

lol. I bet Etzebeth eventually felt like: "no, no, wait...something's just wrong here.......what's that other position ? Second r....OH, right, much better !!"
He takes that spot in my MK select screen easy. I remember watching that hit on Bismarck (not the Prussian politician, the hooker) and how much that shocked the Rugby community. And I've rarely ever seen a lock stay on his feet for so long, usually the tall ones fall like flies on those ankle tackles. He really is what he calls himself: an "enforcer".

Last edited:

Lol! Vic never played fly half! At least he never wore the number 10 jersey. He has been in that position and has done some pretty slick things for a lock. Remember that Cross-kick he did a couple of years ago??

I'll have a go at the largest Irish pack available before I start I'd say a lot are not current starters.

1. Rodney Ah You 125kg (down from 140kg) (0)
2. Rory Best 110kg (75)
3. Tony Buckley 138kg (25)
4. Devin Toner 124kg (14)
5. John Madigan 119kg (0)
6. Iain Henderson 114kg (9)
7. Sean O'Brien 108kg (116kg according to wiki) (32)
8. Robbie Diack 115kg

953kg/ 961kg total

Thought I'd add in the caps as well.

Damien Browne is a must for one of the second row spots. 125 kg.

ahhhh, the empire of MASS is rising...so nice to see we're all coming together to MASS like this. And contributions from many, I see...good stuff. If I could reward you, I'd send a virtual double cheeseburger to your accounts.