• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Match officials selected for RWC 2019

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
Shockingly, George Clancy didn't make the cut.

https://www.world.rugby/news/419165

Referees (12): Wayne Barnes (England), Luke Pearce (England), Jérôme Garcès (France), Romain Poite (France), Pascal Gaüzère (France), Mathieu Raynal (France), Nigel Owens (Wales), Jaco Peyper (South Africa), Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand), Paul Williams (New Zealand), Nic Berry (Australia) and Angus Gardner (Australia) – 457 tests as referees

Assistant referees (seven): Matthew Carley (England, reserve referee), Karl Dickson (England), Andrew Brace (Ireland), Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand), Federico Anselmi (Argentina), Shuhei Kubo (Japan) and Alex Ruiz (France) – 130 tests as assistant referees

TMOs (four): Graham Hughes (England), Rowan Kitt (England), Ben Skeen (New Zealand) and Marius Jonker (South Africa) – 217 tests as TMOs

JP Doyle unlucky to miss out - should be there over Dickson/Pearce

Would have had JP Doyle in there. Other than that I actually think they're the best refs and that they'll do a decent job. Wasn't nearly as annoyed at this as I thought I would be.

Is it just me or does 4 TMO's sound too few. Less on number of games and more on getting them to all the venues across Japan. Sounds like they will be getting to know the Shinkansen very well.

See Glen Jackson has thrown toys out pram and saying going to move onto coaching.
JPD has fell out of favour with world rugby a good while ago.
Yes he should be there.
Not so sure on a couple of the Frenchman though.
Sure they have been ranked and assessed and considered the best.
I think Williams is a good un.

See Glen Jackson has thrown toys out pram and saying going to move onto coaching.
Yes he should be there.
Oh the stories I have heard.

I've seen a lot of people upset with Garcés being there but after the Heineken cup final today no one can say he isn't a top tier ref.

What's the craic, I've heard nothing?

For me JP is 2nd only to Wayne Barnes in England, comfortably better than the other RFU referees selected for the RWC.
JP should be in as a ref, bump Pearce down to AR and drop Dickson out completely (he's a decent enough club level referee but he's been at the top level for under 2 seasons).

What's the craic, I've heard nothing?

For me JP is 2nd only to Wayne Barnes in England, comfortably better than the other RFU referees selected for the RWC.
JP should be in as a ref, bump Pearce down to AR and drop Dickson out completely (he's a decent enough club level referee but he's been at the top level for under 2 seasons).
Dropped after a falling out with head off refs from WR.

Dropped after a falling out with head off refs from WR.

This. Essentially he went to a world rugby u20 tournament in South Africa winelands and was a pretty bad teammate/ enjoyed the local amenities a bit too much.

Edit: his whistle tone really ****** me the **** off (pk/scrum/try whistles all sound the same). He never seems to enjoy being out on the field. I think he's really accurate and plays advantage really well he just doesn't seem happy.

That's just my opinion personally, has nothing to do with Rolland disliking him.

Edit: his whistle tone really ****** me the **** off (pk/scrum/try whistles all sound the same). He never seems to enjoy being out on the field. I think he's really accurate and plays advantage really well he just doesn't seem happy.

....JP Doyle?? Really??

This. Essentially he went to a world rugby u20 tournament in South Africa winelands and was a pretty bad teammate/ enjoyed the local amenities a bit too much.

That's just my opinion personally, has nothing to do with Rolland disliking him.
Was going by comments on Rugby refs from when I used to ref.
However heard as well what you posted plus another comment that I won't repost as believe it to be untrue.

Very surprised to see Mathieu Raynal made the cut. Whats the bet he will ref an All Black finals game...

....JP Doyle?? Really??
i'll go back and watch another one of his games... i watched one two years ago and i've kind of avoided him since (easy to do when you don't have a club to support). Maybe he was having a bad day, it happens.

i'll go back and watch another one of his games... i watched one two years ago and i've kind of avoided him since (easy to do when you don't have a club to support). Maybe he was having a bad day, it happens.

watched the saracens vs harlequins game... i really like the way he handled two big decisions (player running into him/taking away try because of it and double yellowing care and williams for being dicks)

i agree that he's very good but his whistle tone still bothers me (i hate how much assessors care about that type of stuff)

Yes he should be there.

Did Glen Jackson really throw his toys out of the pram about this? I was under the impression his intention was to retire as a referee at the end of the year no matter what. It was even mentioned a good while ago, before the referees were named, while he was officiating a Super Rugby match.

Latest posts