• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Dawson to retire

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Apr 11 2006, 12:31 AM
I mean commong your comparing Dwayne Peel a man who has only stepped onto the International scene in the past 2 years or so too a man who has had an illustrious career. Until Peel becomes a World Cup winning, multiple 6 nations, lions, club superstar and a man truely in a league of his own like names like Dawson, Gregan, Marshall you can take a step back and shut your f***ing pie holes because he does not come even close to comparing.
Well Peel can allready vouch in his small international career a Lions Tour in which he started, club superstar and a Grand Slam Victory.

Dawson did not even start in the Lions Tour last year!

i think it wont be to long before he joins the elitle club.

Im not being bigheaded im just stating the fact that Peel WILL be better than Dawson.

Originally posted by Cymro+Apr 11 2006, 10:47 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Apr 11 2006, 12:31 AM
I mean commong your comparing Dwayne Peel a man who has only stepped onto the International scene in the past 2 years or so too a man who has had an illustrious career.  Until Peel becomes a World Cup winning, multiple 6 nations, lions, club superstar and a man truely in a league of his own like names like Dawson, Gregan, Marshall you can take a step back and shut your f***ing pie holes because he does not come even close to comparing.
Well Peel can allready vouch in his small international career a Lions Tour in which he started, club superstar and a Grand Slam Victory.

Im not being bigheaded im just stating the fact that Peel WILL be better than Dawson. [/b]
But Dawson has been involved in a successful Lions Tour, and played a key role in it.

Peel maybe better than Dawson, but it is hardly fact.

Dawson's really really really good, but I concur with Canuck partner Peel is still young, and the welsh on this forum are really exaggerating his abilities. He is not a Jedi yet. You know who is though? Canadian scrum half Morgan Williams.
2009-canada.jpg

Originally posted by harrison2468+Apr 11 2006, 12:21 PM-->
Originally posted by Cymro@Apr 11 2006, 10:47 AM
I mean commong your comparing Dwayne Peel a man who has only stepped onto the International scene in the past 2 years or so too a man who has had an illustrious career.  Until Peel becomes a World Cup winning, multiple 6 nations, lions, club superstar and a man truely in a league of his own like names like Dawson, Gregan, Marshall you can take a step back and shut your f***ing pie holes because he does not come even close to comparing.

Im not being bigheaded im just stating the fact that Peel WILL be better than Dawson.
But Dawson has been involved in a successful Lions Tour, and played a key role in it.

Peel maybe better than Dawson, but it is hardly fact. [/b]
A tour in which Sir Clive Woodward did 3 wrong things.

1)Picked the wrong squad
2)Did not pick the infrom players
3)Opened his mouth on how he was going to have a better tour than Hendry did last time.

At the time he only picked a few real inform player and one was Peel who had a good tour.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 11 2006, 12:47 AM-->
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 9 2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 8 2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 8 2006, 12:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 7 2006, 10:40 AM
yes but hes not as good as edwards, sid or gregan

Shut the f*** up, he's still twice the player Greegan ever was.

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahaha are you serious??? Gregan may suck now, but in his prime he was 10 times the player Dawson ever was! Seriously, the guy was the most over-rated player in the NH!

Who owned who when both were in their prime, lets say, oooh, 3-5 years ago?

Yeah, STFU.
Gregan was at his best between 99-01 buddy ;) Remember what happened in those years? Oh yeah, we won the World Cup and sent the Lions packing :bleh!: .

Yeah, that's right, Stuff You Buddy :bana: . [/b]
Right... K...

So when exactly did the bald headed whinging ***** own the old aged whinging *****?

Originally posted by Cymro+Apr 11 2006, 05:56 PM-->
Originally posted by harrison2468@Apr 11 2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Cymro@Apr 11 2006, 10:47 AM

Peel maybe better than Dawson, but it is hardly fact.
A tour in which Sir Clive Woodward did 3 wrong things.

1)Picked the wrong squad
2)Did not pick the infrom players
3)Opened his mouth on how he was going to have a better tour than Hendry did last time.

At the time he only picked a few real inform player and one was Peel who had a good tour. [/b]
I'm not arguing the fact the Lions tour was a shambles or that Peel is good/performed well-ish, but the point I'm making is Dawson has a successful Lions tour (which was against the WC at the time), along with other achievements, including Heinenken and World Cups, along with a few GS.

your comparing apples and oranges cymro Dawson is a man at the end of career while Peel is only starting to come into his own only time will tell if he will lvie up to the likes of Dawson, Gregan, Marshall etc

Honestly its like anything that happened before the Grand Slam is completely irrelevant to you Welsh not too mention everything that has happened after the Grand Slam such as your incredibly poor form.

I think you need to read inbetween the lines Canadian_Rugger!

Once again without sounding bigheaded and moany

Wales lost 9 players during the 6 Nations. We did well to field some sort of side. Even Eddie O'Sullivan said that if Ireland had many injuries as Wales did then they woould not have been able to field a side

We lost a VERY good coach. In which I know the true reasons. Its down to Gareth Thomas that we are in this position!

Originally posted by Cymro@Apr 11 2006, 09:42 PM
I think you need to read inbetween the lines Canadian_Rugger!

Once again without sounding bigheaded and moany

Wales lost 9 players during the 6 Nations. We did well to field some sort of side. Even Eddie O'Sullivan said that if Ireland had many injuries as Wales did then they woould not have been able to field a side

We lost a VERY good coach. In which I know the true reasons. Its down to Gareth Thomas that we are in this position!
I wouldn't say Alfie, more like Scott Johnson or the WRU.

NO No no, Alife was one of the main reasons why this incident happened. If you watched that Scrum V episode after all this happned then it was even clearer that he had something to hide!

Well, there's another thread that's gone 1000 miles off topic and turned into another debate about Wales....

*sigh*

That's fine. The welsh do have a lot of injuries. BUt what lines do you want him to read between seeing as I don't think I came accross any mention of these injuries previously in any other debate where the Welsh fans were like ya we won a grand slam recently we rule. Bravo to you guys for not totally getting mashed after losing nine players and a coach, but listening to you guys talk, you'd think the Welsh team beat the All Blacks by 30 points with "the best scrum half in the world" Peel and "look at me, I'm a ***" Henson. Don't get me wrong Bravo Dwayne Peel and the boys, but you appear very often to give yourselves really serious illusions about your team, and you'll forgive the rest of us for being a little irked.

My last rant....

Ive never bigged Henson up, the ones who have ar utter fools for doing so.
All I said that Dawson was / is a good scrum half but I fell that Dwyane Peel is currently better and will continue to improve. Howver he is playng in a very poor Scarletts side this season.

of course Peel is currently better, he's younger, fitter and stronger. If you compare both players in their prime and look at what they achieved I believe Dawson to be superior.

The one argument you could make is that Peel has yet to reach his prime and from what I have seen so far there is much more to come from him. Perhaps when they are both finished with the game it would be fair to compare them.

It is quite funny how every thread degrades to a 'welsh bashing/defending' topic.

Welsh people seem to feel like they have to defend everything welsh, much in the essence of those crappy welsh channel's on sky.

Even when you could be talking about french, a comparison would be made and a welsh person, namely lora would start spouting anti - everything propaganda.

Thing is there language hasn't made a new word since the 12th century, may aswell embrace the english language, like the cornish.

BM

Latest posts