• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Michalak injured

L

lehuit

French :
Une IRM passée mardi a révélé une élongation de l'ischio-jambier droit. L'ouvreur tricolore Frédéric Michalak sera donc ménagé le reste de la semaine.

Well then, that is France's chances of winning increased by about 100%! Roll on Skrela.

This is not a serious injury.

Anyway, i don't think he will be starting at 10 against Argentina. Skrela maybe less creative but he's more safe and he can kick.

Skrela is the far more sensible option. He doesn't have the awful temperament that Michalak has, he doesn't have the confidence issues that Michalak has, he doesn't need to go be sent to South Africa to toughen up like Michalak will be.

In every way, Skrela is the more quality number ten for France.

Say it ain't so :cryy: . Hopefully it is not too severe and he can take his place at 10 against Ireland :bana: .

Although he often has played well against us in the past and then been competely pants in the next game.

Michalak can't be N°10 in any way. Even without consider his injury return, his irregularity and all that stuff... his kicking is too poor. He even hasn't kick for Toulouse since... maybe 3 years. And now that Yachvili is out, Mignoni, who doesn't kick either, will certainly starts at scrum half. So we need Skrela... he's our only good kicker and he proves himself (finally) in the last six nations.

If Michalak is really excellent in the last test against Wales and England (I doubt it) maybe that Ellissalde can takes Migngni's place, he's an average kicker after all.
Or Skrela starts at 12... but he's not really familiar with that position, and Traille is pretty good at.

he doesn't need to go be sent to South Africa to toughen up like Michalak will be.[/b]
Is that where you send people to toughen up? If so, I know several people who need to be sent to South Africa.

Is that where you send people to toughen up? If so, I know several people who need to be sent to South Africa.
[/b]

You can say ome pretty funny **** sometimes Mr. O

I would have thought that Beauxis is still a serious option, there's still doubts about Skrela going missing and his kicking, while it has improved is still not at the level of a top class out half.

I would have thought that Beauxis is still a serious option, there's still doubts about Skrela going missing and his kicking, while it has improved is still not at the level of a top class out half. [/b]

Can't stand Beauxis - just a cannon boot. Michalak is Contepomi in confused French. Skrela is France's next Lamaison - but who goes at #9: Mignoni or Elessalde? Both excellent. Yachvilli is history.

ca commence a être inquiétant l'enchainement des blessures de Michalak.
Il faut se rappeler quà l'origine il devait être le dépositaire du jeu français ...

<div class='quotemain'> I would have thought that Beauxis is still a serious option, there's still doubts about Skrela going missing and his kicking, while it has improved is still not at the level of a top class out half. [/b]

Can't stand Beauxis - just a cannon boot. Michalak is Contepomi in confused French. Skrela is France's next Lamaison - but who goes at #9: Mignoni or Elessalde? Both excellent. Yachvilli is history.
[/b][/quote]

Perhaprs but Michalak can improve in view second. he must be like O'Driscoll for ireland a big star that can gain the game in one or two action and there isn't other french plaer who can play like that.

Michalak can't be N°10 in any way. Even without consider his injury return, his irregularity and all that stuff... his kicking is too poor. He even hasn't kick for Toulouse since... maybe 3 years. And now that Yachvili is out, Mignoni, who doesn't kick either, will certainly starts at scrum half. So we need Skrela... he's our only good kicker and he proves himself (finally) in the last six nations.

If Michalak is really excellent in the last test against Wales and England (I doubt it) maybe that Ellissalde can takes Migngni's place, he's an average kicker after all.
Or Skrela starts at 12... but he's not really familiar with that position, and Traille is pretty good at. [/b]

Well Michalak was the second best scorer at the RWC2003 thanks to the penalty kicks, his success ratio were good. This nevertheless added some psychological pressure he was not always able to manage. He's four years older, and if he hadn't stop training his kicking he should be an acceptable option.

Skrela played well in the last six Nations, so they don't care so much about it.

Luca

<div class='quotemain'> Michalak can't be N°10 in any way. Even without consider his injury return, his irregularity and all that stuff... his kicking is too poor. He even hasn't kick for Toulouse since... maybe 3 years. And now that Yachvili is out, Mignoni, who doesn't kick either, will certainly starts at scrum half. So we need Skrela... he's our only good kicker and he proves himself (finally) in the last six nations.

Or Skrela starts at 12... but he's not really familiar with that position, and Traille is pretty good at. [/b]

Well Michalak was the second best scorer at the RWC2003 thanks to the penalty kicks, his success ratio were good. This nevertheless added some psychological pressure he was not always able to manage. He's four years older, and if he hadn't stop training his kicking he should be an acceptable option. [/b][/quote]

Yes but unfortunately for Michalak he went missing in the match that really counted, had a decent start alright in the semi but I think that's the match that has really stunted Michalak's development as a truly top class fly half.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Michalak can't be N°10 in any way. Even without consider his injury return, his irregularity and all that stuff... his kicking is too poor. He even hasn't kick for Toulouse since... maybe 3 years. And now that Yachvili is out, Mignoni, who doesn't kick either, will certainly starts at scrum half. So we need Skrela... he's our only good kicker and he proves himself (finally) in the last six nations.

Well Michalak was the second best scorer at the RWC2003 thanks to the penalty kicks, his success ratio were good. This nevertheless added some psychological pressure he was not always able to manage. He's four years older, and if he hadn't stop training his kicking he should be an acceptable option. [/b][/quote]

Yes but unfortunately for Michalak he went missing in the match that really counted, had a decent start alright in the semi but I think that's the match that has really stunted Michalak's development as a truly top class fly half.
[/b][/quote]

Actually it is very difficult to rate him based on his recent performances, he has been injured most of these last two seasons. He never tokk the time to fully cure his injuries. Nevertheless although I am far from being a fan of Michalak I think he improved. What Michalak lacks the most in my view is a body that can resist to nowadays Rugby hits. I wonder how he will behave with the Sharks. He's not a class fly half although he showed some glimpses of genius.

Hi there !

I'm not sure Fred Michalack is a good option to win the ***le... But I'm not sure Skrela can be this one... :-(

Mignoni-Skrela looks brilliant to me. Maybe France needs even more to win the RWC - but Michalak is a biiiiig gamble.

Michalak was quite good tonight against England, he made good choices and I must admit I was surprised to see him back with France roster for this world cup, after time will tell if he can go back to his best level.

Michalak was quite good tonight against England, he made good choices and I must admit I was surprised to see him back with France roster for this world cup, after time will tell if he can go back to his best level.
[/b]

yea i was very happy to see him back because i never had confidence in Skrela

Well, the choice between Skrela/Michalak looks like a great headache for The Door. They both showed great intelligence for the tries against England.

Skrela to start, and Mich to come on and rescue France when the plan is failing. But don't let Mich on the pitch against the ABs - he will blow up like Contepomi.