• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Michalak to move to South Africa?

B

Bally

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ose+to+decision

A team like the Lions could really benefit from his style of play and lift some of the pressure on Andre Pretorius, plus it would be great to see a top NH player go down and play in the S14 and Currie Cup.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ose+to+decision

A team like the Lions could really benefit from his style of play and lift some of the pressure on Andre Pretorius, plus it would be great to see a top NH player go down and play in the S14 and Currie Cup.
[/b]

Are you seriously off your rocker?! The guy usually wets his pants when an opposing player runs at him saying "boo!" softly and making this face :bleh!:

In a country so alien to the green green grass of France, he'd probably be terrified to leave his house.

Seriously, leave well alone, the guy falls apart mentally so easily.

Not at all. Michalak is the best fly half France has at the moment, and every time i've seen him play I've been impressed by his athleticism.

The Sharks snapped him up! :blink:
[/b]

Congrats to the Sharks for an excellent coup. I`ll be the first to admit that monsieur Michalak is a bit on the temperamental side, normally playing 1 great game followed by 2 ordinary ones at best. But freed from the pressure of scrutiny by the Les Beus press, and able to express himself more freely, this could just be a very good signing for the Sharks.

Reminds me a bit of the early 90`s, when the Sharks signed monsieurs Thierry Lacriox, Laurent Cabannes and Olivier Roumat- their international experience certainly helped the then-youngsters Andre Joubert, James Small, Henry Honniball, Mark Andrews and Gary Teichmann to become Bok legends in their own rights. Helping the Sharks to a bagfull of Currie Cup ***les certainly also helped.

Not at all. Michalak is the best fly half France has at the moment, and every time i've seen him play I've been impressed by his athleticism.
[/b]

You, sir, are nuts.

The guy is usually only one step away from self destruction. Hit him with a couple of well timed crunching tackles and he usually panics from then on.

Every time I've seen him play, he has always fielded an awful miskick, has a kick charged down because he always waits just that moment too long before clearing and I've seen his head droop low because he misses a penalty, he really doesn't have the mental staying power of say Johnny Wilkinson or Dan Carter. One thing goes wrong for him and he just crumbles.

If you play him, you need to protect him because he is more fragile than Charlie Hodgeson in a World Cup final.

Not for 2008's 6 Nations, in any case.

Prestwick, you're right but move on is precisely an opportunity for him to grow up a little. He has a good potential and he's still young after all...

Is French rugby pretty?
If that's the case, then English rugby is fast flowing like S14.

I thought he was older than 24 bloody hell... He will take time to settle, but I think it will be a good move to play in one of more competitive leagues in the world... and there wont be too much to do with the time difference either...

I thought he was older than 24 bloody hell... He will take time to settle, but I think it will be a good move to play in one of more competitive leagues in the world... and there wont be too much to do with the time difference either... [/b]

He has enough time to become a SA citizen, then become a springbok.

Hmmm...It'll be interesting to see how good he'll be playing for the sharks, I dont think he'll be an impact player or anything great but we'll see he might prove me wrong.

Latest posts