• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'MLB '06: The Show'

J

jared27

Yo all.

As the All Star game approaches I am feeling the need to play some baseball on my ps2. 'MLB 06:The Show' seems to be the best baseball game from looking at all the different reviews etc.

It is not available here in NZ, so I am wanting to know if it is available in AUS or any other PAL territorys. (I'm looking to order a copy)

Would be sweet if someone could let me know if they have seen it advertised or on the shelfs anywhere.

Cheers.

I looked into this a while back, and as far as i could find there was and is no pal version of this game. Games like this and college football and college hoops, and Nfl head coah, are all good games that should sell well enough to warrant a pal version, but well never see it.

Hence the reason I resorted to getting a harddrive in my PS2 so I could play NCAA games and not wait 8 months for 2K Sports to release PAL versions after they have released the NTSC versions.

NFL head coach has to come out here in PAL regions.

And arent some games region free on Next gen?

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 7 2006, 12:27 PM

Hav you sen it in stores or online?

I havent heard of any region free games, which sux, im dying o play NCAA next gen, and like ripper said, the wait for the pal versions of 2k sports games is ridiculous.

Originally posted by CeeJay+Jul 7 2006, 01:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 7 2006, 12:27 PM

Hav you sen it in stores or online?

I havent heard of any region free games, which sux, im dying o play NCAA next gen, and like ripper said, the wait for the pal versions of 2k sports games is ridiculous. [/b]
NCAA will never come here - Amateur US sports just dont take interest

Anything professional would..NFL,NBA,NHL MLB....yes i have seen MLB ***les but not this one just yet.

Thus i would assume NFL Head coach will come eventually

Agreed the 2k sports wait is shocking

But NCAA is just as good as madden and provides a bigger and better challenge!! I suppose that counts for nothing though. I had a look into MLb and while there has been past pal versions like you said, there isnt one sheduled for this or head coach yet. Hopefully your right and they will come, sooner rather than later.

On another more postive note about the 2k games, NFL 2k5 and NHL 2k6 both shipped in the US with serious freezing and corrupting of franchise mode save files, this ruinined the game for many. The pal verions are free of theses problems due to the large delay, so it does hav an upside.

just found out that nfl head coach is available on pc so that solves region problems, it only got 7 out of ten though!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 7 2006, 02:38 PM
But NCAA is just as good as madden and provides a bigger and better challenge!! I suppose that counts for nothing though.
yeah dude counts for nothing

the fact about 1% of the demographic in PAL regions would even know what NCAA stand for, speaks for itself

it aint the quality of the game
but the games content itself

I am really ****** that I can't get any baseball games in England, when I went to America a month ago I got MLB baseball 2k6 for the psp and that was a good game, however nothing for the pc?

So I torrented mvp 2005 for the pc, but I can't get the two mounted images to work. Any help?

BM

yea ncaa games are just as good as the pro ones.. even better in some cases.. although i found ncaa college hoops 2k6 a little dissapointing for all the hype it got, i still found the career mode much better than that of its nba counterpart

as for baseball, check if mvp 2005 is availabe there, its only a year older.. but i had it and it was probably the best baseball game i have ever played for a ps2..

I havent played any NCAA games since I was last in the states

But when i read reviews I know they are praised right up there with the Pro versions

One thing i love about NCAA Football - is the wider hash marks, which lead to more open play on the openside, and added greater challenge to kicking FG's.

When people started talking Hiesman Trophy modes etc - I was biting at the bit.

I know some games are region free....and I know u can get these smart disks, which allow u to play NTSC games on unmodded PS2's (Gallop Racer 2006 research, coz it aint coming to PAL).........hopefully the x360 will get these disks running, or hopefully M$ just scrap the region crap, so I can get 2ksports quick smart and also the NCAA ***les............and winning 11 series, coz even getting that is worth the 3 month headstart, and the japenese commentery is better, when u shoot a goal, the jap guy just goes beserk - i dont care if i dont understand him.............u know ur goal is more appreciated....although it can be difficult to navigate the menu's

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 19 2006, 10:13 AM
I havent played any NCAA games since I was last in the states

But when i read reviews I know they are praised right up there with the Pro versions

One thing i love about NCAA Football - is the wider hash marks, which lead to more open play on the openside, and added greater challenge to kicking FG's.

When people started talking Hiesman Trophy modes etc - I was biting at the bit.

I know some games are region free....and I know u can get these smart disks, which allow u to play NTSC games on unmodded PS2's (Gallop Racer 2006 research, coz it aint coming to PAL).........hopefully the x360 will get these disks running, or hopefully M$ just scrap the region crap, so I can get 2ksports quick smart and also the NCAA ***les............and winning 11 series, coz even getting that is worth the 3 month headstart, and the japenese commentery is better, when u shoot a goal, the jap guy just goes beserk - i dont care if i dont understand him.............u know ur goal is more appreciated....although it can be difficult to navigate the menu's
the new heisman mode you have to take tests, or you could flunk outta school! :p

also they cant scrap the region stuff for this reason, they would lose a ton of money.

because people say in england could buy a game here on a US website for 20 pound, instead of say going to a local store and buying a game for the usual 40 pound..

Latest posts