• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mock Fantasy Draft Set-up

nadoss

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Rebels
Hi. I'm going to be doing a fantasy draft on a rugby video game at some point in time, and wanted to make sure I was prepared, so I figured I'd do a mock draft for fun, who would be interested.

It could be as many people as want to do it, but as little as 4 would work fine. Just post if you'd like to and we'll pick the order once we've got enough people.

It'll just be 22 person teams altogether, and the draft will be serpentine style. If you have any questions, ask.

Is it just me that doesn't understand what the hell nadoss is on about?

A fantasy draft is a draft of all professional players in a given sport to fill an entire roster. It is the most common way of filling the rosters of fantasy sports teams, such as fantasy baseball, football, hockey, and basketball. After picking the order (which reverses every round, meaning that the guy who picks first in round 1 picks last in round 2 and first again in round 3, etc.) each team picks 1 player at a time until they have a whole roster (in this case, 22 players).

Among uses in fantasy style games online, it is also often used in video games which have fantasy drafts programmed in (such as football, baseball, and hockey games), or games which allow created teams.

For example, if i wanted to do this with some Rugby game that has created or editable teams, a few people would sit around a table, draft one 22 player team each, and edit their team into the game, then possibly follow this with some kind of tournament or other competition.

A fantasy draft is a draft of all professional players in a given sport to fill an entire roster. It is the most common way of filling the rosters of fantasy sports teams, such as fantasy baseball, football, hockey, and basketball. After picking the order (which reverses every round, meaning that the guy who picks first in round 1 picks last in round 2 and first again in round 3, etc.) each team picks 1 player at a time until they have a whole roster (in this case, 22 players).

Among uses in fantasy style games online, it is also often used in video games which have fantasy drafts programmed in (such as football, baseball, and hockey games), or games which allow created teams.

For example, if i wanted to do this with some Rugby game that has created or editable teams, a few people would sit around a table, draft one 22 player team each, and edit their team into the game, then possibly follow this with some kind of tournament or other competition.

Ahhh, thanks for the explanation, I understand now.

we're going to need at least 4 people for it to be a decent draft. So I guess this is a bump, but at the same time its a come on people. Its a test of rugby knowledge

one important strategy to remember however, is if a guy is your favourite player but you dont think he's going to get picked for a long time (for example, if I really liked Jonathan Sexton, he's probably not going to be picked in the first few rounds) then wait until later to get him. Spend your highest draft picks on people who you think aren't going to be around for much longer.

Latest posts