• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Monsoon season

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Who'd have thought Belgium would have a rainy season....it's just never stopped :

n726840457_173356_7593.jpg

Fortunately :

n726840457_173355_7309.jpg

Seeing your picture at Manneke Pis, I conclude you must have been staring at the chocolate fountain that is in the window shop across the road. That's the one thing I remember from being there about 4 times.

Agreed though, we've been having terrible weather these past few weeks. It's been better today, but as I write this, it will probably start raining.
What beer were you drinking?

Seeing your picture at Manneke Pis, I conclude you must have been staring at the chocolate fountain that is in the window shop across the road. That's the one thing I remember from being there about 4 times.

Agreed though, we've been having terrible weather these past few weeks. It's been better today, but as I write this, it will probably start raining.
What beer were you drinking? [/b]

That one's probably an Orval I think....that chocolate fountain was quiet hypnotic wasn't it.

We also went to see the little pis girl....that lead to us a bar with 2004 different types of beer including Delerium Tremors

Hurrah for Belgun beer! [/b]

Some of it is too sweet for me...Duval, Cimay and Kasteel being famous examples.

Delerium Tremors and de Koninck were both lethal.

Belgian Summers often come with rain...maybe I should have said that...haha!
but...Hooray for Beligan Beer, it turns rainy days into sunshine!

Belgian Summers often come with rain...maybe I should have said that...haha!
but...Hooray for Beligan Beer, it turns rainy days into sunshine!
[/b]

Indeedy

The Dutch, it seems, eat raw (but thankfully gutted & boned) herrings. Not as bad as it sounds either.

It's far worse then it sounds.
They're called 'maatjes', and I don't eat them.

The girlie version of Manneke pis, where was it? Also, I believe it's Delerium Tremens :p Sounds like Kulminator, that's why I ask where the girl is located.

It was my boyfriend's birthday BBQ last weekend, and he received (among other forms of alcohol) a basket with Belgian beers and a special gift version of Chimay. His sister was very jealous of him :p (he also got a bottle of champagne, four bottles of wine, and two bottles of martini, one white, one red, and NO ONE had suggested the idea to give him nothing but alcohol)

You've only missed England's monsoon season RBS. Never seen weather like it.

It's far worse then it sounds.
They're called 'maatjes', and I don't eat them.

The girlie version of Manneke pis, where was it? Also, I believe it's Delerium Tremens :p Sounds like Kulminator, that's why I ask where the girl is located.

It was my boyfriend's birthday BBQ last weekend, and he received (among other forms of alcohol) a basket with Belgian beers and a special gift version of Chimay. His sister was very jealous of him :p (he also got a bottle of champagne, four bottles of wine, and two bottles of martini, one white, one red, and NO ONE had suggested the idea to give him nothing but alcohol) [/b]

The girl pis statue was to the north of the main square.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanneke_Pis

The bar was called the Delerium Tremens Cafe....it was downstairs on the same alley

http://www.deliriumcafe.be/

Sounds like you boyfriend has got some very perceptive friends & family.....and possibly a very swollen liver.

He didn't drink any of it, I'm guessing everyone's hoping he'll host another BBQ to finish off the drinks, since most people really enjoyed the food too :p

Delerium Tremens is the pink elephant beer, right?

Don't know my way around Brussels, only know that it smells, but then again, what big(gish) city doesn't?

Delerium Tremens is the pink elephant beer, right?

Don't know my way around Brussels, only know that it smells, but then again, what big(gish) city doesn't? [/b]

Yeah that's the one...really nice stuff but at 9% you need to be careful. My wife got addicted to the darker Delirium Nocturnum one as well.

I quite liked Brussels, the middle of it anyway...Where are you from? We went to Bruge, Gent, Brussels, Namur and Antwerp as well and the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

You probably passed me on the street somewhere in Antwerp xD (probably not but hey, who knows?)

What did you see in Antwerp? It's the city I'm most acquainted with, since I've lived there, go to Uni there, Shop there, go out there, and live in a suburb of it :p

Never tried that many Belgian beers sadly, I'm going to start going to Kulminator I think :p

You probably passed me on the street somewhere in Antwerp xD (probably not but hey, who knows?)

What did you see in Antwerp? It's the city I'm most acquainted with, since I've lived there, go to Uni there, Shop there, go out there, and live in a suburb of it :p

Never tried that many Belgian beers sadly, I'm going to start going to Kulminator I think :p [/b]

We stayed in the Zeemanshuis north of the cathedral. We ended up getting far too drunk with a load of blokes from Liverpool who were working over there.

We liked Antwerp though....very busy and bustling place, even more so than Brussels. We saw a load of chinese guys having a fight on the main shopping street (near the sculture of the giant hand). It was the worst gang fight ever. We saw it kick-off and thought "Yes, gonna see us some funky kung-fu fighting" but they were just slapping at each other and then pulling each other away.

See, I've lived in/near Antwerp almost 21 years, and I've never seen that happen! (also, main shopping street=Meir :p)
Also, never have been near the Zeemanshuis.

No wonder streets were bustling with people, we're in sales period. Most people you saw were probably dutch xD

See, I've lived in/near Antwerp almost 21 years, and I've never seen that happen! (also, main shopping street=Meir :p )
Also, never have been near the Zeemanshuis.

No wonder streets were bustling with people, we're in sales period. Most people you saw were probably dutch xD [/b]

Ha ha...I'm loving the whole Dutch people are tight with money thing.. Really funny how different nations have different stereotypes for each other. The Dutch people seemed to think all Belgians are goths, looking at you signature they might be right :p:p:p

I'm not a goth!! My signature or the picture posted her eof me are not at all a reference. The goth pic was for an occasion, forgot which one, the signature. Well, I just like Victoria Francés, also like Luis Royo, but that doesn't make me a bleeding half naked chic, does it? :p

On the dutch coming to our sales, I didn't mean because they're stingy, just cause they always come to our sales! Clattering our streets, speaking with an accent, and being rude because they look down on flemish people.

I'm not a goth!! My signature or the picture posted her eof me are not at all a reference. The goth pic was for an occasion, forgot which one, the signature. Well, I just like Victoria Francés, also like Luis Royo, but that doesn't make me a bleeding half naked chic, does it? :p

On the dutch coming to our sales, I didn't mean because they're stingy, just cause they always come to our sales! Clattering our streets, speaking with an accent, and being rude because they look down on flemish people. [/b]

It's just that we saw loads of jokes & t-shirts saying the Dutch were stingy. It just struck me as funny the various stereotypes people have for each other.

In Britain the stingy people are from Scotland and Yorkshire.

According to the cliché, the dutch aren't just stingy, but also dumb. Just as the polish are in the US, or the people from the town of lepe in spain.

Those things are old as time, and most of the time, those stereotypes aren't accurate. Would be creepy if they were.
Rugby_cymru, just join in on the conversation.

Latest posts