• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moral Dilemma

Oh, you blew the suprise and what has AirBen got to do with what goes on with TRF and Dan/Charlie?

cos airben is stuped and didnt realise that charlie is co-owner.
[/b]

Ummm, shut up you don't have a clue what your talking about.

I did in fact notice it, I mean how hard is it to NOT notice it?

Okay kiddies back to business. I am going to give you all an update of the exciting stuff that has been happening to me lately.

I foolishly answered my mobile one day while I was at work and it was my old boss - great!

She basically asked me to return the money. I told her that I would need to check my bank statement and return whatever money that I owed to her. I was really nice and said that even though I believed her that there had been a mistake made I would need to check my bank balance and make sure that there had been an error. She seemed to understand this and we chatted for a while about why I had left.

She seemed to think that I had planned it all not to come back and that I had been dishonest with her and I called her out on it and gave it straight back to her. I think that she was a bit surprised because at work I had been pretty low-key and on a couple of occasions I hadn't really stood up to her. No reason to be nice to her now that she isn't my boss.

But pretty much right at the end of the call she said that if I didn't repay the money she would take it to the legal department. I replied to this by saying:

"What!? You're threatening me with legal action already - I haven't even said that I wouldn't repay the money."

And she was all like - "oh that is just the process that we would go to if you didn't repay."

My response:

"Gee saying stuff like that makes me want to go and seek my own legal advice."

And she got all stroppy and the call ended soon after.

She sent me out a letter with all the details and I got that a couple of days after - it spelt out exactly how much I owed and she wanted the money returned in seven days. I laughed when I read that. I had told her before that I would need to get a bank statement as I didn't have internet access (okay a small lie but why should I jump through hoops to fix up their mistake?)

But yesterday I got a nasty message on my mobile phone from her saying that as I have failed to pay the money within seven days she has had no choice but to put the matter in the hands of the company's legal department.

This just makes me not want to pay the money back at all. I honestly intended to pay the money back I was just going to drag it out a couple of weeks - maybe a month haha! And when people are nice to me I will always respond back in a similar manner.

But I had a quick chat to one of the guys in my new company's legal department and he is going to a bit of checking and then respond to what avenues that I have available to me. He said he is going to have a chat to the chief legal counsel on Monday and get back to me. THe CLC earns over AUD250k a year plus some pretty lucrative stock options so I am getting some top quality legal advice to fire back some assaults of my own.

If I am lucky I might even be able to get the CLC to respond directly to my old company just to get their fear-factor up a bit. Haha!

I will probably end up paying back the money (minus a small handling fee to compensate me for my time and expenses) because I am a nice, honest guy (ignore all that you have heard about me contrary to that) and don't want to have a debt hanging above my head but it will be good to stuff them around a little.

Okay kiddies back to business. I am going to give you all an update of the exciting stuff that has been happening to me lately.

I foolishly answered my mobile one day while I was at work and it was my old boss - great!

She basically asked me to return the money. I told her that I would need to check my bank statement and return whatever money that I owed to her. I was really nice and said that even though I believed her that there had been a mistake made I would need to check my bank balance and make sure that there had been an error. She seemed to understand this and we chatted for a while about why I had left.

She seemed to think that I had planned it all not to come back and that I had been dishonest with her and I called her out on it and gave it straight back to her. I think that she was a bit surprised because at work I had been pretty low-key and on a couple of occasions I hadn't really stood up to her. No reason to be nice to her now that she isn't my boss.

But pretty much right at the end of the call she said that if I didn't repay the money she would take it to the legal department. I replied to this by saying:

"What!? You're threatening me with legal action already - I haven't even said that I wouldn't repay the money."

And she was all like - "oh that is just the process that we would go to if you didn't repay."

My response:

"Gee saying stuff like that makes me want to go and seek my own legal advice."

And she got all stroppy and the call ended soon after.

She sent me out a letter with all the details and I got that a couple of days after - it spelt out exactly how much I owed and she wanted the money returned in seven days. I laughed when I read that. I had told her before that I would need to get a bank statement as I didn't have internet access (okay a small lie but why should I jump through hoops to fix up their mistake?)

But yesterday I got a nasty message on my mobile phone from her saying that as I have failed to pay the money within seven days she has had no choice but to put the matter in the hands of the company's legal department.

This just makes me not want to pay the money back at all. I honestly intended to pay the money back I was just going to drag it out a couple of weeks - maybe a month haha! And when people are nice to me I will always respond back in a similar manner.

But I had a quick chat to one of the guys in my new company's legal department and he is going to a bit of checking and then respond to what avenues that I have available to me. He said he is going to have a chat to the chief legal counsel on Monday and get back to me. THe CLC earns over AUD250k a year plus some pretty lucrative stock options so I am getting some top quality legal advice to fire back some assaults of my own.

If I am lucky I might even be able to get the CLC to respond directly to my old company just to get their fear-factor up a bit. Haha!

I will probably end up paying back the money (minus a small handling fee to compensate me for my time and expenses) because I am a nice, honest guy (ignore all that you have heard about me contrary to that) and don't want to have a debt hanging above my head but it will be good to stuff them around a little.
[/b]

:bravo: :cheers:

truly brilliant

when push comes to shove, its legal time!!

keep us updated BigTen

Yup will do.

I had a chat to my legal friend and he reckons that as they terminated my employment BEFORE the three day abandonment clause they have effectively unlawfully dismissed me. He advised me that they should have paid out the three days plus one sick day when they only paid out the one sick day. He said that I could seek damages for the early termination but as I did just leave and not tell them the judge would most likely just reward me the three days payment and the cost costs would have to be met by both parties. The argument would be that I didn't really value the job and therefore should be rewarded accordingly.

It seems like a hell of a hassle to do that especially seeing as I would have to take unpaid leave from my new job.

So it does look like I will have to pay the money back (as I kind of expected anyway) but he is working out how much a "reasonable" fee would be to deduct from the money.

I haven't heard anything from my old company's legal department yet but I am looking forward to it. I love arguing with lawyers - they're always so pedantic and pedantry is a loss art these days.

Next time you are talking to them point out that this is all down to their clerical error and it's has meant you have to do all this messing about so threatening you isn't really on.

You do realise that you can legally invoice them for administration costs.You only have to clearly illustrate the lost time involved in this matter.

Due to it being their error, you have had to proceed through some actual clerical steps to correct the matter. Charging administration fees for things like this are entirely acceptable. You only have to be open and honest about it, and clearly show what you have done for the fee.

I would think something like a $40 fee (or more depending on what you have done), would be entirely reasonable.

Also, check with your bank. If there is a fee that you have incurred for moving the money back to their account, then you can bill that to them as well.

As long as all administrative handling is listed on your invoice, they have to pay.

Yeah I should send them the invoice before I send them the money and tell them they have to pay before I can move the money back to them. That way would guarantee that I would get the money haha. I would doubt that they would pay the invoice after I had sent them the money. They would do to me what I am doing to them.

But anyway another side issue has come up.

My little sister lives in Whangarei (NZ) and has two little children of her own. The father of the children did the dirty on her and isn't really part of the picture anymore although he does help her out in a very limited way in terms of money and stuff.

But anyway she was involved in a car accident in which the car that she was driving rolled twice and is now a total wreck. Even though both children (both are under 2 1/2 years old) and my sister were uninjured it was pretty upsetting for everyone involved.

A truck that had been carrying a FMCG had a spill which caused my sister to lose control of the car. The investigating officer had planned on charging the company responsible but had held back because the company had said that they would "look after my sister". But at this stage they had done nothing and my sister is without a car and with two small children to look after.

All of her immediate family are overseas (her mum and dad are in Europe travelling around; her elder sister is in the USA; and I am in Melbourne) so her support base is somewhat limited. She has cousins and stuff so she is not totally alone.

So because I am so nice and feel real bad that she is left to deal with all of this stuff so I telegraphic transfered her some money so that she can buy another car while she waits for the company to fix her up.

So when the legal department of my old company calls me wanting their money I might just tell them that I had to send it home to help my little sister out and until she gets a payment I won't be able to repay them.

Of course I do have the money to pay them right now but I think that it would be a good little game to play. Hahah!

As much as that is bad news about ur family dude

Its plays very well into the hands of the BCC - "BigTen's Cashflow Chronicles"!!

Man they gotto have some sympathy if they had any iota of Moralic (is this a word) value in their blood, and extend the deadline.

The plot thickens......I am reaching for popcorn!!!