• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Home made vids here

L

locksley

Here you go,

Right click and save target as. You'll need Quicktime to view them.

On a side note, I'm now used to the PS2 pad config on the PC version of Rugby 06 and this game just gets better and better. I think it's AMAZING.

It's the only game I've played for a looooooooooong time that makes me want to pull a sickie from work. ;)

Enjoy

2 Great Handoffs for a strong try

Same as above but from a different angle

See... A High Tackle CAN be good! :)

Same as above from a different view

Class try by Robinson (Great hands and superb step)

Same as above from different view

Like the first try power big time and I agree this is defiantely the best rugby game yet, at least it will keep me playing a long time.

hiya locks, i've been deliberating for a long time whether to get 06 on ps2 or pc. can i ask a few questions? what controller do you use for the pc? does the right analog stick work for sidesteps etc i've heard of ps2 to usb adaptors, so you can use official sony controllers, but this sounds too easy to work perfectly!!
cheers
chris

Originally posted by bundas@Feb 23 2006, 12:25 PM
hiya locks, i've been deliberating for a long time whether to get 06 on ps2 or pc. can i ask a few questions? what controller do you use for the pc? does the right analog stick work for sidesteps etc i've heard of ps2 to usb adaptors, so you can use official sony controllers, but this sounds too easy to work perfectly!!
cheers
chris
Ok

I use my PS2 pad on my pc via a USB converter. I think it was around £7 from www.play.com You have to plug 2 controllers into it for it to work properly, but once it's set up, it's brilliant.

Downside is that Rugby 06's config differs from the PS2 version, so if you've played it on PS2 for a while and then switch to PC using a PS2 pad, it's weird and takes a lot of getting used to.

When all's said and done though, I've got used to it and I think it's brilliant.

As for the right analog stick, no, you can't use it on Rugby 06. Instead, you have to push L1 + one of the face buttons to perform a special move. This works really well though.

Another snag is the set plays etc. You push the analog stick to inititiate a set play, or set your defence, but, as you're doing this, you're also controlling the player making it easy to stray offside. It's a shame that the D-Pad was catered for as well as the Analog stick.

Can't have everything I suppose.

well i suppose its graphics vs better controls, a toughy!
cheers for quick reply!

ps have to say i loved the try with two hand-offs and a broken tackle - if it had been a forward running a good line like that in 2005, he wuda been minced every time!

Latest posts