Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• Fiji

• Other

• Total voters
Well Georgia and Tonga are the only teams to have played well above expectations, so I'd have to go for one of them. Which one is more of an issue though.

Ooer new i had forgotten a team, but just count tonga as 'Other'

What about Fiji, reached the Quarters, back in the Top 10 world rankings :p

I chose Fiji because I expected Argentina to do this well. I predicted Fiji to sneak into the knock out stage, but I didn't think they'd do that well against South Africa.

South Africa was very impressive aswell. Maybe it wasnt a surprise, but they were amazingly efficient. They were so efficient they didnt even have to attack during the whole final, because they managed to stay on top just playing with the foot.

They all had a great tournement, but England got the furthest, when they were in deep trouble.

I am a communist.

Gotta say Fiji. Like M-Two said, reaching the quarters was expected but to put up a fight against the Bokkes was amazing.

So close to call.

Argentina, Fiji, Tonga and Georgia played pretty damn well. [/b]

definately agree with you mate. fiji and tonga both gave SA a 'bit' of a scare while georgia couldve beat ireland. But i voted for the Pumas basically coz they beat france twice... and the all blacks unfortunately couldnt beat them once :cryy: lol

what about contenders for the most unimpressive team? wales? ireland? NZ? aus? nz? lol

I'd say Fiji, merely because they gave me one of the most exciting games of rugby I've ever watched. Then again, it was right after aus v canada, so the comparison may have altered my judgement.

Has to be the All Blacks. We put 309 points on Scotland, Romania, Portugal and Italy in pool play. How kick ass is that? coughcoughcough

Has to be the All Blacks. We put 309 points on Scotland, Romania, Portugal and Italy in pool play. How kick ass is that? coughcoughcough
[/b]

hehe...

must be the boks. they won the cup... :bleh!:

So close to call.

Argentina, Fiji, Tonga and Georgia played pretty damn well. [/b]
This aside, I reckon the best game of the tournament was Fiji vs South Africa!

I'm voting England, purely because I'm blinded with pride.

If I were to be honest, I'd have to go for Argentina.

I voted Georgia because for such a small rugby nation to come so close to beating Ireland is huge!!! They performed several levels higher than expected.

I didn't go for SA or Argentina because they didn't perform above what i expected. i couldn't go for Tonga because for the pacific Islands to be really impressive they have to beat an established side, not just come close. Fiji upped it by beating Wales and fighting damn hard against SA.

For me, Tonga it is. Not only did they give SA one helluva scare, but they beat Samoa for the 1st time in aeons. At the start of the tourney, most were predicting them to be fighting with the USA over the pool wooden spoon, not with England for a quarter-final spot! And in the England game, they were still well in it at halftime.

Id have to change my vote to South Africa... The only team in 2007 to go through unbeaten

Latest posts