Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 3 2006, 11:34 PM
you dummies

bob marley
2pac
dj kool herc
grandmaster flash
marly marl
michael jackson
n.w.a (and wigan n kinkon...if it wasnt for ice cube you wouldnt hear any of the class lyrics from eazy e nor the inspiration to dres beats..ice > nwa)
phil collins
jimmi hendrix
beatles
marvin gaye
diana ross

elvis is bullshit...stole black music and went out like white trash
Chiro Please can you choose 3 from your list, if you dont your suggestions wont be added to the list...

Well I'll say Michael Jackson and Grandmaster Flash (stolen from chiros list), Seeing I can't really think of anyone at the mo.

You have to have Trent Reznor up their somewhere he was voted one of americas most influentual people.

But my picks would be:
MJ
Queen
John Lenon
Pink Floyd
Guns & Roses
Metallica
Led Zeppelin
Trent Reznor - NIN basically
Tool
Nirvana

Not in that order but i picked by band apart from John Lenon.

I reckon if we can make it 32, then that will sound a good number...

If I am allowed to I would like to add Johnny Cash onto that list

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 3 2006, 10:34 PM
n.w.a (and wigan n kinkon...if it wasnt for ice cube you wouldnt hear any of the class lyrics from eazy e nor the inspiration to dres beats..ice > nwa)
I acknowledged Ice Cube.

How about throwing BB King in there.

Right Guys I think thats our list now... So I will do the Draw and Post up the polls for the first knock out stage

I have made the Round 1 draw and it is as Follows:

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC
2.BB King Vs Guns and Roses
3.The Clash Vs Led Zeppelin
4.Tom Jones Vs Tool
5. Bob Marley Vs Marvin Gaye
6. Jimmy Barnes Vs Motorhead
7. Grandmaster Flash Vs N.W.A
8. Michael Jackson Vs Ozzy Osborne/Black Sabbath
9. The Jam Vs Jimi Hendrix
10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E
11. Kurt Cobain/Nirvana Vs 2pac
12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones
13. The Beatles Vs Eric Clapton
14. Terry Riley Vs Queen
15. Johnny Cash vs Metallica
16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor

hahahhaa coool concept

ac/dc - becoz they were original and they didnt go out dying on a toilet seat

guns n roses - original,there were more of bb king in his day they just didnt make it as far

led zeplin - wtf is a clash?

tom jones - the jew everyone loves..even germans.."its not unusual to be loved.." hahha

daym...bob marley - thats a toughy becoz marvin gaye was the main guy for mo town fo awhile,but bob takes tha cake

jim barnes - no contest

nwa - interms of influence..if g-flash was that influential then conscious hiphop would be dominating the charts..but since it isnt nwa influenced everything from gangsters,pimping,club hopping,murders,drug tales,sex and rebellion against the government

michael jackson > osbourn kids

jimi henrix by a mile

eazy e - the original gangster rapper..no 50,game and everythin u see on tv without his influence

2pac - 2pac is a martyr..kobain comitted suicide

bob dylan - one of the most recognised voices in pop rock music...

beatles own eric clapton

inxs..

done my bit...cool little tournament,ya missin sum females in there tho
queen...too good

johnny cash...ol skool

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC

ELVIS - he may be corny, but he is iconoclastic of the music imagery. and is in a diff league to acdc, who i might add i love.

GUNS AND ROSES - i like guns and roses, theres alot of diversity in there material

LED ZEPPELIN - beautiful band with some timless classics.
4.Tom Jones Vs Tool

TOM JONES - fun loving artist who knows how to have a good time on stage

BOB MARLEY - classic songs like redemption song, not just a good singer, but a master lyricist

JIMMY BARNES - BETTER ARTIST THAN MOTORHEAD

NWA - just generally more cohesive.

ummm.... ive got say MICHAEL JACKSON, his songs have more emotion than black sabath.

HENDRIX BY A MILE, NO ONE CAN RIVAL HIM FOR PURE EMOTION.
10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E

PINK FLOYD - anyone who votes easy e really has bad music taste, pink floyd by a country mile.

2PAC - by a huge margin, kurt cobain has gained cult status since he shot himself, but his songs are just whiney and annoying, and the lyrics are too ambiguos with no significant meaning. 2PAC is a better artist
12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones

BOB DYLAN - done so much for the music industry, written some classics - all along the watchtower, and sang some classics.

THE BEATLES - CATCHY CHEESEY FEEL GOOD TUNES, THAT REVOLUTIONISED MUSIC.
14. Terry Riley Vs Queen

QUEEN - GOOD ENTERTAINERS

JOHNNY CASH - brilliant artist, who was born contraversial, he didnt have to manufacture a personality in order to sell.
16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor

INXS

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC
Elvis

BB Has influenced so many guitarists in the 60's which lead the way for:

Led Zeppelin
Must have influnced far more musicians than the clash.

4.Tom Jones Vs Tool
Tom Deffo
Marvin Tough one but I'd say Marvin, look how much bigger Soul is to Reggae.

Motorhead

N.W.A Grandmaster was an early rap pioneer but NWA spread the fledgling Gangsta genre which has now become the staple of hip-hop.

Wacko Jacko Prefer Ozzy/Sabbath but I think Michael probably wins this one but very close

The Jam Very hard to decide but the Jam's inflence lives on whereas Psychodelic is nowhere

10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E
Eazy Floyd is to specific and concepty to have influenced many mainstream bands but Eazy's legacy can be found all-over hip-hop.

2pac Same reasons as above

12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones
DylanNo Contest

The Beatles Biggest band ever vs Journeyman guitarist

14. Terry Riley Vs Queen
Queen Who on earth is Terry Riley?

Metallica Prefer Cash but he has only had a ressurgance in popularity since his death.

16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor
INXS

Never f$%k with Johnny Cash.

For the influence part... Chuck Berry (influenced everyone that has influenced anyone).

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC
AC/DC - invented boganness. elvis is too specific to america.

bb king although gnr have a cult, axle rose has lost alot of respect.

led zep unfair to put the clash up against them. but led zep were pioneers

4.Tom Jones Vs Tool
tool close one, but i think the sex bomb hasnt had as much of a effect anymore.

bob marley regge legend

motorhead - everyone will listen to lemmy

gmf dont know either.

black sabbath - although the likes of iron maiden have owned the oz man at his concerts, black sabbath invented metal

hendrix - second best guitarist of all time.

10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E
pink floyd - amound of insanity and absence in this band influnces people, rather than bands. use of pauses and solos legendary. songs such as wish you were here, mother, comfortably numb carry a lot of meaning.

nirvana - it is close, but a very siginificant music from the 1990's till now you can still hear alot of there sounds. just look at blink 180, foos etc.

12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones
Ramones - invented punk. unfair to put these too togeather aswell.

beatles - athough claption was good friends with the beatles, as he played with them a couple of times, and was a legendary guitarist - the beatles are huge.

14. Terry Riley Vs Queen
queen - anthems of songs.

metallica - "Black sabbath might have invented metal, but metallica perfected it" alot of people would be thinking of metallica as post cliff burton. but there first 3 ablums with cliff are some of the best music i own.

16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor
reznor/nin close, cant really see either of them getting any further than this round.

nirvana - it is close, but a very siginificant music from the 1990's till now you can still hear alot of there sounds. just look at blink 180, foos etc.???

2pac > nirvana...the fact that the state of the music world is highly inspired by hiphop...where 2pac was at the very forefront of that movement and with an effect that pushed the culture into a billion dollar business into not only music..but fashion,movies and practically everything else..

u should be ashamed sambad....do your homework!

ahh but you see - the world doesnt like 12yr old wannabie g-unit gangstas pimping there fiddy cent and 2pac. athough hes influenced good rappers etc, hip hop has also done the world a massive disfavor. f*** you pinwheel hats, f*** you.

Nirvana changed the face of music, they weren't just influtential in one genre.

They killed off Metal, Michael Jackson and the rest of the **** music in the 80's and paved the way for the current generation of music (Well, maybe not Boy Bands or the Spice Girls)

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC - ACDC have the best Guitarest. Period.
2.BB King Vs Guns and Roses - Guns and Roses are one of the most overated bands out there. Awesome. Yes. But still VERY overated
3.The Clash Vs Led Zeppelin - What the Ginga said
4.Tom Jones Vs Tool - What have Tool done? Sex Bomb > Tool... even if he's Welsh
5. Bob Marley Vs Marvin Gaye - No comment
6. Jimmy Barnes Vs Motorhead - Barnes was allright at Cold Chisel... but when downhill when he went Solo
7. Grandmaster Flash Vs N.W.A - Pass
8. Michael Jackson Vs Ozzy Osborne/Black Sabbath - No comment
9. The Jam Vs Jimi Hendrix - Woodstock. Do I need to say more?
10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E - No Comment
11. Kurt Cobain/Nirvana Vs 2pac - See above
12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones - Pass
13. The Beatles Vs Eric Clapton - While I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, no one can claim to have as big a splash as they did in Music history
14. Terry Riley Vs Queen - No comment
15. Johnny Cash vs Metallica - While I'm a Metallica Fan, Johnny Cash had the biggest impact and is the closet thing to Country which I listien to.
16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor - Until they Sold Out and tried to reinvent themselves with that Rockstar INXS **** there would've been no contest, but even If I factor in there old school stuff (which was awesome) I just can't vote for them... and Trent Reznor is probably the best One Man band out there (Although Ghrols effort on the First Foo Fighters CD is comparable - He did the whole album himself in 2 days)

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 5 2006, 09:07 AM
2pac > nirvana...the fact that the state of the music world is highly inspired by hiphop...where 2pac was at the very forefront of that movement and with an effect that pushed the culture into a billion dollar business into not only music..but fashion,movies and practically everything else..

u should be ashamed sambad....do your homework!
Word!!!

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC........AC/DC
2.BB King Vs Guns and Roses.........GNR
3.The Clash Vs Led Zeppelin...........LED ZEP
4.Tom Jones Vs Tool.......Who cares??
5. Bob Marley Vs Marvin Gaye.......close but Marley
6. Jimmy Barnes Vs Motorhead......no contest Barnsey > you
7. Grandmaster Flash Vs N.W.A...... N.W.A
8. Michael Jackson Vs Ozzy Osborne/Black Sabbath.....MJ easy
9. The Jam Vs Jimi Hendrix.......Hendrix easy
10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E....... Easy
11. Kurt Cobain/Nirvana Vs 2pac.......Pac>>>>>>>Cobain(did us all a favour when he offed himself)
12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones......Bob Dylan
13. The Beatles Vs Eric Clapton.....Beatles easy
14. Terry Riley Vs Queen........Queen easy
15. Johnny Cash vs Metallica......Jonny Cash
16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor ....... INXS

1.Elvis Vs AC/DC - No contest.

2.BB King Vs Guns and Roses - Don't really care.

3.The Clash Vs Led Zeppelin - Like the Clash, but really vote any other way on this one.

4.Tom Jones Vs Tool - Who have Tool influenced?

5. Bob Marley Vs Marvin Gaye - Close call, I just reckon Gaye has had an infulence on a wider style of music.

6. Jimmy Barnes Vs Motorhead - Ace of Spades

7. Grandmaster Flash Vs N.W.A - Never listened to either, first bloke gets it purely for the name. I expect him to exit in the next round.

8. Michael Jackson Vs Ozzy Osborne/Black Sabbath - Not a fan, but MJ has influenced a hell of a lot of people.

9. The Jam Vs Jimi Hendrix - Left handed guitaring > Paul Weller.

10. Pink Floyd Vs Eazy-E - Pink Floyd against who now?

11. Kurt Cobain/Nirvana Vs 2pac - Don't like either, but at least Cobain can admit he's dead.

12. Bob Dylan Vs Ramones - I just don't like Bob Dylan, and the Ramones are cool.

13. The Beatles Vs Eric Clapton - Not really fair to have Clapton going out first round, but can't look further than the Beatles.

14. Terry Riley Vs Queen - Queen, although Terry Riley has had a huge influence on music. Trust me, look it up.

15. Johnny Cash vs Metallica - Metallica have been going downhill, but Johnny is still awesome.

16. INXS Vs Trent Reznor - Only heard of INXS, but they suck so I decided to vote against them.

Latest posts