• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Move movies - Great tries!

I think you need to look at the half full glass, not the half empty one........

The guy doing the hand off is Mealamu, so he's hardly going to be sprinting away from the handoff situation like Doug Howlett.

Perhaps if the player had pushed the pass button quickly after the handoff situation, and before the tackle, then a real break could have occured??

Defensive players tend to spread themselves out as far as possible in all these movies so that the "pass to the wing everytime and score" is not so easy. Gaps that do appear in the midfield due to this seem to be filled up, from what I have seen, by covering players anyhow - as in the case of the video you have mentioned.

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 16 2005, 12:57 PM
Yep, kits are official for Euro teams
Actually it doesn't look like it.

They may have gotten the stripes and the colors correct but they've made up emblems for the Euro teams.

In the XBox screens on the gamespot review -- there is a crow (?!) for Gloucester.

In the PS2 screens of the gamespot, Bath have got a rugby ball with two swords crossing over it. The Barbarians have some crest that just looks dumb.

Shame, really.

But, the game still looks to play nice.

Yup.

Cardiff have some red crest thingy.

But the most heinous crime is . . .

The Barbarian players are not wearing their club socks. That disgusts me, as it is an integral part of their history.

That's it. I'm not getting this game.

Okay, I'm lying.

Try animations look awesome!!

Love it.

This is the only couple of vids so far that have had me going wow!
<

They are great. Any chance of Saving your favourite replays?
just on to the memory card/ hard drive

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 16 2005, 08:24 PM
Heres a movie of dougies try using different replays, anims look good here

13mb
Firstly Umosay thanks so much for answering our prayers for more videos! Really appreciate it

Videos are looking great. I can't get over how good the animations are. when spencer throws the ball in the set play try, it really looks like Spencer is throwing the ball, the way he lifts his elbows as he passes. Great stuff!

also I love the dive over the try line.

which stadium where you playing at?

First up guys Woodie is a bit of a plank, but I reckon he is just trying to wind us up no one could be that thick!!! I mean what game would he like if he did not think that this game looks great.

The vids are great man!! I feel like I can relax and just die of pain waiting for this game to come out. I don`t think that the Difficulty setting should be an issue here I would hope that the All Blacks smash Cardiff even on the hardest setting as that is realistic. The defensive AI has looked alot better in the vids with the internationals games as you would expect.

Where do you start I mean the animations and how the game plays look great but I will definately opt for side view.

I feel better and better every time I watch more vids keep it up guys you are life savers.

the lack of sponsors on the european teams guarantees that they didn't get the official licences for them. I know this is a little gripe for many but this really really disappoints me.
<

btw can anyone make out the Baa Baa's lineup from the screenshots on gamespot
. Looks like Victor Matfield in the green scrumcap to me.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 16 2005, 09:47 AM
First up guys Woodie is a bit of a plank, but I reckon he is just trying to wind us up no one could be that thick!!! I mean what game would he like if he did not think that this game looks great.

The vids are great man!! I feel like I can relax and just die of pain waiting for this game to come out. I don`t think that the Difficulty setting should be an issue here I would hope that the All Blacks smash Cardiff even on the hardest setting as that is realistic. The defensive AI has looked alot better in the vids with the internationals games as you would expect.

Where do you start I mean the animations and how the game plays look great but I will definately opt for side view.

I feel better and better every time I watch more vids keep it up guys you are life savers.
I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I want this game to be good. Maybe I'm just playing too much PES4 coz I'm really not impressed by much of this stuff. These videos do look more promising to me than others, and I will get this game, I just hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Originally posted by woodie+Feb 16 2005, 11:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Feb 16 2005, 11:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Feb 16 2005, 09:47 AM

I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I want this game to be good. Maybe I'm just playing too much PES4 coz I'm really not impressed by much of this stuff. These videos do look more promising to me than others, and I will get this game, I just hope I'm pleasantly surprised. [/b]
Believe me Woodie its better to have low expectations - I think you probably have the right attitude on this one, especially with all the previous disapointments!

However find it hard to understand your perspective on the game - the vids look great to me but you manage to make them sound awful. opinion can be a funny thing!
<

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 16 2005, 08:24 AM
Heres a movie of dougies try using different replays, anims look good here

13mb
No ****. That actually does look good. First one I can say that about.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 16 2005, 12:53 PM
that camera view doesnt do the game any justice

the player new what he was doing tho

was the weather bad....coz is look a bit glim and dark
Whats wrong with the camera view - it looks great to me?

However find it hard to understand your perspective on the game - the vids look great to me but you manage to make them sound awful. opinion can be a funny thing!

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE!!!!

But I am getting your point Woodie I love PES4 big time!! But I reckon this will be the best rugby substitute out there.

Don't forget that it takes years after years of development to achieve near perfection like in PES4 or Madden 2005. And even this games have flaws (little ones.....i admit)
and still get frustrating at times. Just try to compare PES and PES 4, just for the fun of it.

2 years ago we would watch videos of rugby 2004 on this same forum and have more questions than answers about the game.
This year 85% of the users of this forum are more than fired up about the idea of playing this game after seinh those vids. Those who actually had a chance to play the game already talk about the best looking rugby game ever made and with enough content to give us the best available rugby gaming experience at this time.

By the way, many thanx to Umosay for the new vids, i was dying for some new stuff............great job, and great tries ............

By the way, just asking ..........not demanding (off course)

Is there any chance of having a definitive list of the teams in the game posted in the forum.

(If i missed it in another topic, just point me in the right direction)

Thanks

Latest posts