• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MP3 PLAYER

A

ak47

OK TRFers

I need advise on an MP3 player

minimum 2GB

needs to be easy drag n drop copy stuff from PC or media player

needs to have optimum quality sound - this is imperative - will buy separate better ear plugs anyways

price - sky is the limit

anyother features does not bother me.........i just want an MP3 player with atleast 2GB, that can be copied from CD's via a PC

No i do not buy MP3 files, nore will i subscribe to digital stores........I am still a CD man............every CD I buy goes onto my X360 for jukebox purposes, then I copy them onto my HDMiniDisc, via Sonicstage on my flatmates laptop

Obviously is the MiniDisc I am replacing

iPod - 30GB Video Ones.

More Space per your buck (a 30GB iPod in NZ is like 80 dollars more than a crappy no name brand 4GB one which does less stuff), and CD's is **** easy, just insert it, and click Import. iTunes even names all the songs for you and fills in the artist and album name tags - and most of the times also finds the cover art.

You can also choose to import all your files as AAC, which is much higher quality, however the file size will be much larger. But of course Apple is a big company which dares to post a profit, so no doubt that's against your whole philiosphy of life.

iPod - 30GB Video Ones.

More Space per your buck (a 30GB iPod in NZ is like 80 dollars more than a crappy no name brand 4GB one which does less stuff), and CD's is **** easy, just insert it, and click Import. iTunes even names all the songs for you and fills in the artist and album name tags - and most of the times also finds the cover art.

You can also choose to import all your files as AAC, which is much higher quality, however the file size will be much larger. But of course Apple is a big company which dares to post a profit, so no doubt that's against your whole philiosphy of life.
[/b]

yeah good call i forgot to add in my request - NO IPOD'S :p

Not getting myself trapped into the broken IPOD FANBASE

I know they break.......my friend has been thru 3 of them.........2 of them the video ones you stated

I know you know ur music **** Ripper, so give me another suggestion..........Samsung, Zen, Sandisk, etc

At the mo am leaning towards Samsung.........the sounds in the Samsung according to reviews and reports is the best - at the end of the day - sound is the most luring aspect for me (i'd pay up to $200 for good earplugs) - not value for dollar - not features - not size, (2GB) for me is enough (4GB preferably)

But would like to hear TRFers experiences with these MP3 puppies - Not randoms on cnet.com.

my x flatmate had an iriver, it was an mp3 player/divx etx 20gig, was cheaper than an ipod and looked pretty cool.

might be a bit big for you though, size wise not gb wise

I want a multi gigabyte MP3 player that I can plug into any PC in the world, that has songs on it, and transfer onto my MP3 player.

No programs to install into PC - Sonicstage did my head in

No Itunes.

Just windows media player click drag n drop - voila - tunage

I know it sounds contradictive as I need a program called Windos Media player, but i cant change the fact 99% of PC's in the world already have it.

I've got iRiver H320 it's 20G and with a converting program you can watch any video you want on it. Drag and drop your music, photos, video on there with no programs just folder to folder. Mine was $600 NZ couple of years ago when I purchased, bound to be a lot cheaper now.

yeah i forgot to mention no software needed, unless you want to convert the files. just need an mp3 ripper to rip your cds unless you can plug it into your xbox 360, not sure about that one.

gotta be zen, thats what i have, the touch sensitive parts are what sold it for me

Zen Creative Vision:M

That's what i got myself.
Just awesome.
Cost me just short of £200, but worth it.

I got a 1GB Samsung mp3 player. There is no need to install any software on it, (well with XP) just popped it in to a spare usb port & it work straight away. I use Windows media player to rips songs from cd, then just drag & drop mp3 onto player. I rip the songs at 128k, thats the lowest quality setting you can get, without the music sounding distorted. When I first filled my mp3 player, I ripped all mp3's at 192k, but I only managed to get around 180 tracks, now I rip at 128k, I get around 280 tracks on my mp3 player. Another feature you should look out for (when shopping for) is the battery life. You should go for something around 15 hours and above, otherwise you will need charging it more often.

<div class='quotemain'>
iPod - 30GB Video Ones.

[/b]

yeah good call i forgot to add in my request - NO IPOD'S :p

Not getting myself trapped into the broken IPOD FANBASE

I know they break.......my friend has been thru 3 of them.........2 of them the video ones you stated

I know you know ur music **** Ripper, so give me another suggestion..........Samsung, Zen, Sandisk, etc

At the mo am leaning towards Samsung.........the sounds in the Samsung according to reviews and reports is the best - at the end of the day - sound is the most luring aspect for me (i'd pay up to $200 for good earplugs) - not value for dollar - not features - not size, (2GB) for me is enough (4GB preferably)

But would like to hear TRFers experiences with these MP3 puppies - Not randoms on cnet.com.
[/b][/quote]

Your friend must be juggling them or going scuba diving while using it, i've had 2 iPods in 3 and a half years and haven't had a single problem (The only reason i've had 2 is because my first one only had 4GB of space and I needed an upgrade) - so I can't really recommend anything else since i've never had to use anything else. The only advice I can give you is steer clear of any of the Microsoft backed ones, and, if possible, try and get one which uses firewire instead of USB.

well i bought this and got Sennheiser earphones for $350 all up

http://www.cnet.com.au/mp3players/mp3playe...39271981,00.htm

Samsung 4GB MP3 player

already have about 4 hours of music.

Now lets get 1 thing straight

The sound out of this machine is the greatest thing i have ever heard - its eargasm!!!

rediculous

and there is like 20 different sound settings - including 3D sound - whatever that means

now its time to thrash more music onto it, and get some flash poker going, and even chuck in a little movie

p.s the size of this thing is illegal............8cm long, and 3cm wide with 1cm depth at its fattest point.
battery life is approx 30hours they reckon............i have thrashed it all night

so far this is proving one of th best purchases i ever made.................i used to use HD-MD using NetMD.....she last me forever and will still kick on............

THE GREATEST THING EVER

THIS SAMSUNG BEAST IS RECOGNIZED VIA THE X360 USB PORTS

CHARGE BATTERY
PLAY TUNES VIA MP3 THRU USB, INTO THE 5.1 DIGITAL SURROUND
AND THEN THE RADIO ASWELL
I NEED TO DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE TO GET THE VIDEO'S AND PICTURES ON X360, BUT ITS POSSIBLE

HECK YEAH f*** YEAH

MASSIVE

Is quite good the mp3 player compatibility aye Ak? Even better is a pc networked to the 360...

Is quite good the mp3 player compatibility aye Ak? Even better is a pc networked to the 360...
[/b]

yeah man sure is

am in the process of getting a new pc for home - something simple for approx $650.00

nothing major, just want the ultimate media capbilities - no games - just music, movies etc....and link that with my x360 via wireless blah blah

Zen Creative Vision:M

That's what i got myself.
Just awesome.
Cost me just short of £200, but worth it. [/b]
^^^^
Best money can buy.

I have one of the shiny Sony ones which looks "teh s3x", but is really pretty poo.

Latest posts