• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MSN help needed!

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

Y'know when you turn on your computer and you have to log in to your account (if there's more than 1), well if you have a hotmail e-mail address it comes up under your account name ' # unread messages' and if you right click on it says your email address and whatever, well how do you get rid of this?? I have a hotmail address and before that thing never came up, until now. +rep to anyone who can help me!!!

yeah I had that but I'm not sure what i did, i probably just logged into messenger and then my emails, iunno??

Y'know when you turn on your computer and you have to log in to your account (if there's more than 1), well if you have a hotmail e-mail address it comes up under your account name ' # unread messages' and if you right click on it says your email address and whatever, well how do you get rid of this?? I have a hotmail address and before that thing never came up, until now. +rep to anyone who can help me!!!
[/b]

i didn't really understood what you meant. what do you exactly want to do ? did you change of msn ? from 7.0 to 7.5 or something like that ?
try to explain correctly (i couldn't understand some words as i'm french :) )

When you go to log in to your account after turning on your computer, below your name it says '26 unread mail messages' well what I want to do is stop it saying this

Start Regedit
For a single user: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
For all users: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
Create a DWORD key called MessageExpiryDays
Give it a value of 0

Woosah I didn't try that but I went into preferences in messenger and unclicked alot of the boxes that said 'update' or 'alert' and it worked so yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

that got rid of the thing at the welcome screen i did that, i was annoyed with it at the welcome screen.

you just got rid of the alerts at the bottom right, right?

you could have just read your messages and then it doesnt come up as u dont have any unread ones... ;)

Latest posts