• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Clermont

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Munster.png
Clermont.png

Munster v Clermont</div>

Well it was a cracking match last weekend so we'll be hoping of more of the same this time round.

Ronan O'Gara goes into the match on the verge of becoming the first player to reach 1000 points in Heineken Cup rugby, he really is a **** player isn't he!!!

Munster should reverse the result from last week and given the way the pool standings lie they don't need to go after the bonus point, the win is all they need although bonus points would be welcome in terms of trying to get a home quarter final. Having said that away quarter finals hold no fear for this side.

Clermont certainly have a point to prove having sent a weakened side to Thomond last year and were disdainfully dispatched by Munster that day, won't be the same situation but could possibly be the same result.

Either way it's the must watch match of the weekend.

Hope ROG gets to the 1000 points. 4 conversion would be a nice way to do it! Rougerie and Domingo are out for Clermont I understand, but Nalaga is back :( Jerry Flannerry is also back for Munster. Can't wait!

Munster should get four points from this game, but I'm hopin' and a-prayin' that Clermont can do us a favour! :D

Munster:

Munster: K Earls; D Howlett, B Murphy, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell capt; A Quinlan, N Ronan, D Wallace.

Replacements: D Fogarty, T Buckley, D Ryan, J Coughlan, P Stringer, P Warwick, K Lewis.

Clermont:

1.Laurent Emmanuelli, 2.Benoit Cabello, 3.Jacobus Roux, 4.Jamie Cudmore, 5.Thibaut Privat, 6.Julien Bonnaire, 7.Alexandre Audebert, 8.Elvis Vermeulen, 9.Pierre Mignoni, 10.Brock James, 11.Napolioni Nalaga, 12.Benoît Baby, 13. Marius Joubert, 14.Julien Malzieu, 15. Anthony Floch.

Remplaçants : 16.Mario Ledesma, 17. Davit Zirakashvili, 18.Christophe Samson, 19.Emmanuel Etien, 20.John Senio, 21. Séremaia Baï, 22. Grant Esterhuizen

James to make O'Gara look like a school-kid... Even more than what he is now.

Ok. The game of the weekend is about to kick off.
...And what's this? Mr. Barnes not commentating on the game?
They must have paid him some serious dough for him to skip praising his adopted side for 80 minutes...

Two men in a fight and just one sent off ? Cool, I guess the game is over now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Dec 13 2008, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Two men in a fight and just one sent off ? Cool, I guess the game is over now...[/b]

bare in mind they are in Limerick, it's not called stab city for nothing.

And a not-so-quality kick there from O'Gara gives James a chance to nullify the Munster penalty.
Well, he almost missed that. Just over off-of the post. 3 - 3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Dec 13 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Two men in a fight and just one sent off ? Cool, I guess the game is over now...[/b]

The punches O'Connell landed don't count 'cos he's wearing red. That's the way it works.

3 -3 now

crucial for Clermont to take advantage of these 10 minutes while they're still on a par.

Ashamed...First punh is red, should have been two identical colors cards, must have been red or yellow

Latest posts