• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Toulon

Aye, Munster forwards are on fire,
It's a good job their backs aren't as good, otherwise Toulon would be royally ****ed

Right, should have been a 5m lineouts for Toulon

Munster clearly a step above, but Toulon has good intentions and capacity when they don't return the ball.

Stuck in work so I can't see the game but it seems like Munster are looking good for a try bonus point. Who's playing well?

Stringer has surprised me, he's having a good game,
Murphy/Earls are working well together, but they can't match the physicality of the Toulon pair (i think they said the 12 is a converter #8, and he's having no problem smashing through forwards, let alone Earls :p )
Buckley playing well, the whole pack is doing well actually, with the trys all coming from forward work

'We lahv ye ROG!' - Yeah wharreva love.

She'd have it though.

Bloody hell, Toulon gone to absolute sh*t.
That crossfield kick-try by O'Gara was quality

Wilkinson playing well since he cam on, but 1 vs 15 aren't good odds :lol:

Aye, i clocked that as well

There's talk of Wilkinson getting gouged a minute ago as well

That should end Toulon's interest in this season's competition.

That should end Toulon's interest in this season's competition.

Won't put money on this...
Even with no interest, they have pride and joy to take revenge at home. Munster il a level up, but not enough to dabble in coming there

Congratulations on Munster's team and public

I feel this game shows the difference between a team who have plenty of experienced players who play for a club that they've played for most of their professional career and one of their nationality, and essentially a Barbarians team who have left their 'pride clubs' and are getting paid big money to turn up on the day. Shocked that their were on;y 2 frenchies in Toulon's team though.

I'm not a Toulon's fan, and of course, even in France this club is easily called as a Barbarian one.
This is to forget that the club is, like Clermont, a big formation center, so I give them the benefice of the doubt, period to confirm that the international recruitment is just here the time for them to reach a national level.

Talking about money without beeing aware of what is planned/build with is stupid. Toulon is not a newbie, and has a real history in rugby.

Now I might be naive, but I don't think that a man like Wilkinson joined this club only for the cash, but maybe because the game plan projected (and other Côte d'azur plesaures) attracted him. I think his game style his much more large since he's here (really better in defense, and dangerous ball in hand. He's also a great man, and I understand why he's been annoblished

Latest posts