• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Ulster

Three - I am stuck between reverent awe and complete disbelief that Munster are top of the league. It is more or less solely, imo, the product of an ability to keep their heads better than anyone else can. That sort of mental strength is a huge bonus, but I really don't think Munster are a very good team atm particularly when you consider their league position! They've really got to sort their problems if they're going to come away with silverware.

Munster have a massive squad of players and there isn't a big drop off in talent between the first, second and third choice team.

I would prefer to see some of the squad trimmed and go for quality instead of quantity. Let some players go to Connacht to give them a chance to progress their career.

Munster have needed that depth though. Between injuries and Ireland they've gone through a ton of players.

I accept their mental attention was elsewhere but this is far from the first time they've been unconvincing this season. And lets be honest, so was Ulster's. Doesn't matter what your upcoming games are, that first half was rancid.

Anyway, enough about a bunch of Turnip munchers. Ulster really need to win their next 3 games or their season is dead and so is McGlock.

Latest posts