<div align="center">
Munster.png
Ulster</span>
Ulster.png
</div>

Munster Name Squad
20 March 2008, 3:27 pm
By Pat Geraghty

Munster have announced a 26 strong squad for the Magners .League clash with Ulster at Musgrave Park on Saturday
It includes senior internationals Ronan O'Gara, Peter Stringer, Marcus Horan, Tony Buckley, John Hayes, Donncha O'Callaghan Paul O'Connell and Mick O'Driscoll who were all involved in the final RBS Six Nations game against England. Also included is Jerry Flannery who returnd to Munster senior action for the first time since the Heineken Cup game against Wasps.
Flannery did have a run out with the Munster A side last week and was particularly prominent when Munster had their final run out ahead of Saturday's game, at training in Garryowen today.

Meanwhile Ulster Coach Matt Williams named a 22 man squad for the sold-out Musgrave Park game with Williams making full use of his returning International players, hooker Rory Best returning to captain a suad that includes Tommy Bowe, Paddy Wallace and Andrew Trimble .

Italian lock Carlo Del Fava is named having recovered well from a knee injury he picked up during Italy's victory over Scotland in the Six Nations. Also hoping to return from injury will be Rob Dewey who has been out with a knee injury for a number of weeks. Fellow Scottish international Simon Danielli is not named in the squad following his ankle injury on Saturday and is currently being assessed by the Ulster Rugby medical team.

Munster Squad:
D Hurley, S Payne, B Carney, I Dowling, D Howlett, K Lewis, R Tipoki, L Mafi, P Warwick, R O'Gara, T O'Leary, P Stringer, M Horan, T Buckley, F Sheahan, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell, M O'Driscoll, D Ryan, A Quinlan, N Ronan, J Coughlan, J O'Sullivan, A Foley.

Ulster Squad
<span style="color:#000000">Backs: Isaac Boss; Rob Dewey, Mark McCrea, Paul Marshall, Niall O'Connor, Mark Bartholomeusz, Paddy Wallace, Andrew Trimble, Tommy Bowe, Bryn Cunningham.
Forwards: Justin Fitzpatrick; Rory Best (Capt),Tom Court, Ryan Caldwell, Carlo Del Fava, Neil Best, David Pollock, Stephen Ferris, Nigel Brady, Bryan Young, Justin Harrison, Matt McCullough.

Big test for Williams now in this one, whether he can keep the momentum going, should be good to see how O'Connor does in a big match game, given the lack of cover we have at fly-half.

All the big guns are back for Munster, so a good preparation game ahead of the Gloucester match.

Munster: D Hurley; D Howlett, K Lewis, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, T Buckley; M O'Driscoll, P O'Connell capt; A Quinlan, N Ronan, A Foley.

Replacements: F Sheahan, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, D Ryan, J Coughlan, P Stringer, P Warwick.

Ulster: B Cunningham; T Bowe, A Trimble, P Wallace, M Bartholomeusz, N O'Connor, P Marshall. J Fitzpatrick, R Best (Capt), T Court, R Caldwell, C Del Fava, N Best, D Pollock, S Ferris.

Replacements: N Brady, B Young, J Harrison, M McCullough, I Boss, R Dewey, M McCrea.

Watch out for Denis Hurley at fullback for Munster and Ulster's halfbacks Marshall and O'Connor. Delighted that they get to play in such strong teams against good opposition. Hurley has been unlucky with Injury but if he can match his form towards the end of last Season It would be great.

Good move by Kidney bringing O'Leary in for the start, especially for an inter pro, enough is obviously known about Stringer and chances have been limited for O'Leary with Reddan getting the nod for Ireland.

Not bad from Munster, but worried about the midfield defence. Contact turnovers from some of the forwards were painful, but at least POC finally got an offload. Ronan is a very smart player, maybe a bit lightweight.

Howlett and Carney aren't really motoring in attack - that's what we need for the HEC.

O'Connor is pretty sharp at 10 for Ulster, but ROG's kick through for O'Leary's try shows what he has to live up to.

Tarbh, are you scared?

p.s. I didn't catch Lenihan's full interview before the match, but did he pretty much confirm Kidney as the next Ireland coach?

Fantastic game. Much more competitive than the scoreline suggests but Ulster's line out let them down. Niall Ronan got Man of the Match, Buckley was fantastic as well and Flannery showed how much Ireland needed him during the SN. I thought TO'L was better than Stringer TBH. His passing is never going to be the best in the world but he is young and it seems to be steadily improving. He put nobody in an awkward position because of a bad pass which Stringer did twice. Great to see Dougie score. Disappointed that the only time Carney touched the ball was when Ulster kicked it. Hurley was good from fullback and I would be happy with him playing HEC next year.

How significant will Munster poaching Niall Ronan be in the next few seasons especially after Gleeson retires.

Not bad from Munster, but worried about the midfield defence. Contact turnovers from some of the forwards were painful, but at least POC finally got an offload. Ronan is a very smart player, maybe a bit lightweight.

Howlett and Carney aren't really motoring in attack - that's what we need for the HEC.

O'Connor is pretty sharp at 10 for Ulster, but ROG's kick through for O'Leary's try shows what he has to live up to.

Tarbh, are you scared?

p.s. I didn't catch Lenihan's full interview before the match, but did he pretty much confirm Kidney as the next Ireland coach?
[/b]

I'm always scared when Leinster are concerned, nothing new there but you still have to come to the RDS and get a full haul, not an easy task and who knows what shape you'll be in after the Gloucester game.

Fantastic game. Much more competitive than the scoreline suggests but Ulster's line out let them down. Niall Ronan got Man of the Match, Buckley was fantastic as well and Flannery showed how much Ireland needed him during the SN. I thought TO'L was better than Stringer TBH. His passing is never going to be the best in the world but he is young and it seems to be steadily improving. He put nobody in an awkward position because of a bad pass which Stringer did twice. Great to see Dougie score. Disappointed that the only time Carney touched the ball was when Ulster kicked it. Hurley was good from fullback and I would be happy with him playing HEC next year.

How significant will Munster poaching Niall Ronan be in the next few seasons especially after Gleeson retires.
[/b]
well leinster will put jennings in at 7 soit wont be that big a loss in the long run

Latest posts