• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Cardiff Blues

I've watched the game a couple of times on my digibox and even the second time around the Blues didn't deserve to win. In the first half the lineout was very shaky with TRT consistently missing his jumpers. Gareth Williams improved this when he came on. The Munster back row completely bossed the breakdown and played right on the edge consistently slowing Blues ball and stealing turn over ball. RST was totally anonymous for the second game running, I've been championing his cause as Nugget's understudy but on this form I'm losing confidence. The backs just aren't firing at all at the moment, having a new set of halfbacks hasn't helped but I'd have hoped by now that they'd be starting to get it sorted.

My final point is a gripe at Peter Allan the referee who totally refused to police the scrum. I lost count the number of times the front rows either stood up or went to ground and he let it go on. Apart from being potentially dangerous it totally removes the concept of the scrum being a fair contest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blindside6 @ Sep 14 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My final point is a gripe at Peter Allan the referee who totally refused to police the scrum. I lost count the number of times the front rows either stood up or went to ground and he let it go on. Apart from being potentially dangerous it totally removes the concept of the scrum being a fair contest.[/b]

I noticed this also.

Latest posts