• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Music these days...

<div class='quotemain'> Like music in general Rap isn't gender, race or age specific. [/b]

Yes it is, only white 15-year-old boys form suburban areas listen to rap "music"! :bleh!:

ok, so hiphop isn't music cos there's no singing

1) you're all idiots because there's no singing in a lot of mozart's stuff either.
2) you're all idiots because a lot of the choruses have singing
3) you're all idiots because you're calling something 'proper music' which is a totally subjective description and doesn't mean anything.
4) a hell of a lot of effort goes into the making of most hiphop beats, which have tunes, melodies bars etc. and is therefore music
5) slipknot initially were a nu metal band. Nu metal is widely accepted as having influences from hiphop. So you're all idiots there as well.
6) you're all idiots fullstop for making false generalisations, and having narrow boring tastes.
7) whatever mite says is gospel. [/b]

1. There are no vocals in any of Mozart's compositions, concertos or symphony's. However the word "composition" will come up again in a moment.
2. 9 times out of 10 the "singing" comes from a sampled loop. The remaining 10% is so **** poor it cannot count as singing. Even Simon Cowell would recognize how awful these "singers" are.
3. "Music" by definition;
# any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds; "he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes"
# musical activity (singing or whistling etc.); "his music was his central interest"
# (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
None of the above can apply to rap "music"
4. A hell of a lot of effort goes into sampling other peoples compositions, looping the most distinctive part of the tracks then over laying it with the words such as "gun", "shoot", "kill", "****a", "hoes" and various other sensational snippets in order to attract negative media attention, thus appealing to rebellious 12-18 year old children. A marketing tactic also used by Rockstar video games.
5. Slipknot were a death metal band and always have been more akin to Fear Factory, having nothing to do with and sounding nothing like Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit. So you are in fact the idiot.
6. Pot. Kettle. Black.
7. Whatever you say is perennially wrong.
[/b][/quote]

<div align="center">PURE PWNAGE</div>

<div class='quotemain'> Like music in general Rap isn't gender, race or age specific. [/b]

3. "Music" by definition;
# any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds; "he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes"
# musical activity (singing or whistling etc.); "his music was his central interest"
# (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
None of the above can apply to rap "music"
[/b][/quote]

Well ive heard some rap songs that have whistling does that mean that only those specific songs fit under the definition of music? Does the same apply to rap music with singing in it?

There seems to be a lot of unfair generalisations that your making about rap music. It's pretty obvious your refering to mainstream rap. Oh well im not here to change anyones mind everyone has their oppinion. I dont like many other genres of music but I dont say they suck simply because i dont understand it. I think it would be fair if listened to the genre, learn about its history and culture and fully understood what it was about then said i didnt like it providing some decent reasons why (without using stereotypical examples that are stupid) then fair enough. Im not here to give a lecture nor do I expect people on this forum to go away and do some research I just think that saying that something sucks without giving any decent reason why, sucks.

im with wc on this one. actual rap, wutang etc, although i dont like, i can respect and let be, because its honest, and is about what its about. but these little gangstas **** me off. gunits, and the like. its just a joke about being tuff. then we got lollie pops and soljaboys etc. no musical talent as such, but a bit of spin when it comes to what record company you sign with.

right now the one man band is making it big imo. people like liam finn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZ-1d2rH_w , and kaki king http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9loABWtT8c , are going to be the "next big thing" when it comes to music. add to that the dave grohls and josh homme's who play everything too. honest music , very classy by them selves. speaking of - the qotsa album eva vulgreas or whatever, very good. all hope is not lost.

What's the difference between Rap and Hip-Hop? Is it like Rock and Metal or something? Just curious...

What's the difference between Rap and Hip-Hop? Is it like Rock and Metal or something? Just curious... [/b]

if by rock you mean beatles etc. both hip hop and rap are based on a beat, which is not normally classicly made, more, turn-tabled or computer generated, however, hip hop is more about the bass and music, where as rap is really fast talking and is more lyrical.... well... thats from a rockers perspective could be wrong.

Hi there,

It's time I had my say.

Music today's day & age it's a load of crap, Much better in the 1950's, 60's, 70's period's.

At least Group's & Singer's back then could sing LOL

Unlike TV Soundtrack's of today now they are Fantasic especially Murray Gold's Doctor Who & Torchwood TV Soundtrack's.

Colin Town's - Doc Martin TV Soundtrack

Music from Dexter that's good too

Kind Regards

CA232008

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 23 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1. There are no vocals in any of Mozart's compositions, concertos or symphony's. However the word "composition" will come up again in a moment.[/b]

Yes I know late reaction

There are vocals in some of Mozart's compositions, he did not only write concertos and symphonies but also operas, I believe 'Die Zauberflöte' is his most famous one.

Crap music is of all times, as is good music. You just have to pick out the good bits and ignore the other.

Latest posts