• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My 6 Nations

D

DC

After recent news of the sacking of Eddie O'Sullivan, the IRFU has appointed Davey Crockett take this re-energized team to the ultimate glory, of their first six nations trophy in 20 years?

For Ireland it will be a long grueling test over the next 5 matches.

The schedule shapes up like this:
vs Italy
at France
vs Wales
vs Scotland
at England

More to come as the Ireland XV for this weeks match against Italy at Lansdowne Road is announced.

2006 RBS Six Nations:
10 Minute Halves
Elite Difficulty
Side View Camera

haha! oh god, hope this doesn't start a load of these!!

After Comming 2nd to England last year (as wales), only losing to a last minute scotland try at home, which denied me the grand slam I was looking forward to the new campaign and to go one better......2 games in....lost to Italy (away) and England (home) not looking too good!

Thats what I love about this game, each match is different, I really struggled against italy and was suprised to lose seeing as I'd convincingly beaten them the last three times, its very well balanced!

Ireland has just released their XV for their match versus Italy on February 4th at Lansdowne Road.

Ireland:
1.Corrigan
2.Bryne
3.Hayes
4.O'Connell
5.O'Kelly
6.O'Connor
7.Wallace
8.Foley
9.Stringer
10.O'Gara
11.Bowe
12.D'Arcy
13.O'Driscoll ©
14.Murphy
15.Duffy

16.R.Best
17.Easterby
18.Reddan
19.Humphreys
20.Horgan
21.S.Best
22.Frost

vs

Italy:
1.Lo Cicero
2.Ongard
3.Castrogiovani
4.Bernabo
5.Bortolami ©
6.Persico
7.Bergamasco
8.Parisse
9.Griffen
10.Pez
11.Nitoglia
12.Canale
13.Stoica
14.Pace
15.Robertson

16.Festuccia
17.Nieto
18.Del Fava
19.Zaffiri
20.Pratichetti
21.Troncon
22.Scanavacca

(called to training but not on game day roster)
Fitzpatrick
Gasson
Leamy
Keogh
Horgan
Dempsey
Flannery
Gleeson

Pre-Match Quotes:
"I expect Italy to give us a good game today, but come up short. They're a team on the rise that is for sure." -Davey Crockett

"Key points need to be adressed for todays game, one of those key points is to shut down the kicking threat of Ramiro Pez through various defense looks. We all know he can snipe with his boot from far out, and we need to watch for his drop goals." -Davey Crockett

February 3, 2006. RTE sports.

Stories of the Day:
Can Brian O'Driscoll Return to His Pre-Injury Form?
February 3, 2006: Can BOD start off in the right place in his much anticipated return from injury this weekend in Dublin?

"I have felt good throughout training, and my few games for Leinster, i just hope that i can keep that up, and hope they my endurance does not falter throughout this crucial match." -Brian O'Driscoll

The real thing will be to keep himself off the stretcher. He has been playing electric rugby for Leinster, and his game against Bath proved he may be back to his form.

This game in Dublin will prove a lot.

RTE sports 2006

Half Time:
Ireland 28 Italy 0

2min- BOD try under posts.
5-0 Ire
2min- ROG conversion. Good.
7-0 Ire
10min-Stringer great clearance. Italy knocks on in contact.
7-0 Ire
12min- Bod try, D'arcy great off load, and under the posts he goes.
12-0 Ire
12min- ROG conversion. Good.
14-0 Ire
16min- Ire offside, penalty to Italy. Pez decides to take kick 30m out.
16min- Pez pushes it to the right, and its no good
14-0 Ire
29min- Duffy makes great try saving tackle, and italy goes into touch. Lineout to Ire
32min- Murphy try 19-0
32min- ROG conversion. Good 21-0
37min- BOD try, off of excellent Bowe offload 26-0 Ire
37min- ROG conversion. Good 28-0

thats the first half wrap up of Ireland vs Italy.

More to come plus post match extra, after the final whistle.

Second Half:
53min-Griffen huge kick results in deadball scrum to Ire at Italy 10m line 28-0
55min-Duffy try in corner 33-0
55min-ROG misses conversion 33-0
60min-BOD try off of excellent Murphy offload 38-0
60min-ROG conversion. Good 40-0
75min-D'Arcy try 45-0
75min-ROG conversion. Good 47-0
78min-High tackle by Italy Robertson leads to Ire penalty 53m out, ROG to kick for 3.
78min-ROG kick falls short by 1-2m 47-0
80min-ROG kicks into touch to end game

Cards:
Robertson 78min

Final 47-0, in what Davey Crockettcalls the "Perfect Game"

"We played great today, Brian had 4 tries to his name, Ronan had 12 points on an excellent performance. We didnt commit many knockons, i believe 2 or 3 the whole game, and we only gave up one penalty. Great win, but now it is time to focus on an even bigger test, France, in Paris."-Davey Crockett

More to come later..as France takes on Ireland in the much anticipated match at Stade de France later this week.

RTE sports 2006.

I reckon we need more of these sort of things though, other boards for other sports have them, and some of the top ones are actually preety good reads (Bdawgs yearly Franchise for Madden on MM is probably the best out there - Cavan agrees as well)

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 27 2006, 03:34 AM
haha i think ill stick to living a REAL life..
Look mate not being nasty but this is DC13's thread about his 6Nation campaign on Rugby06 and not your thread for deciding wether you want to live a real life or not - so you are off topic.

If you want help to decide stuff like that go and see a career advisor or a life coach but don't try and bring what other people do with their time down to elevate your own self importance ....as Ripper said "Capiche?"

c'mon lads there is no need to foul this thread with all kinds of stupid bs. don't go off topic in every single thread that you go and post in. Open your own thread called "my opinion on other people's threads" and then put your opinion in there. Otherwise just contribute to the topic in a constructive way or don't contribute at all.

this was just intended to take up some time between my recent shoulder injury layoff and when i get back onto the training pitch..

How the trainig going ahead of the France game?

It's gonna be a hard game, as they are tipped as winners this year?

YEAH I'VE JUST LAID DOWN A CHEEKY $20.00 ON IRELAND AGAINST FRANCE

GOOD ODDS

NOW COME ON DC........SHOW ME THE $$$ :bravo:

yeah, i think that's the smart bet, ak.

but i've never been accused of being smart -- i squat 20 on france!

ak, don't read this next bit.

dc - choke against france and i'll split the big winnings with you!
i think 20 aussie dollars is like 5000 american or something.
dude, c'mon!

yeah i like these sorts of threads, good luck DC :)

could we maybe have a sub forum called rugby gaming stories or something? that way these stories dont get in the way.

though i love this idea, i wanted to do one, but didn't know where i would put it :)

Latest posts