• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

my experience of Sideview

Originally posted by abes58@Mar 23 2005, 10:34 AM
For some reason I started on Classic 2. I can make drop goals with Mehrtens from right outside the 10m line and can get a 20 to 20 kick.

With all this talk about the benefits of sideview I may have to give it a go... back to normal from hard till I sort it out though...

Here's a query... does the wind make a difference for punting and drop goals? I've found it makes a noticeable difference in conversions and penalties.
i think it makes a difference coz i know it does off the kick-offs

i've had kick-offs start coming back to me like a boomerang coz i kicked it high into a head wind

i used to play classic view but all my mates play side view, and it didn't take long to get use to it. I've got the game on PS2 and have set the dispay settings to widescreen since i've got a plasma, so i get to see quite a bit of the field.

The only difficulty i have with the side view is judging where and when to tackle the oppenent in open play and how close i am when to the far side line when i'm running down it .... but regardless, it's a pretty cool game ....

Originally posted by hurricane13@Mar 23 2005, 09:27 AM
firstly i dont need 2 go 2 english classes coz it aint my no1 language okay MAORI is my no1 language so sorry if its not good enuff 4 u wen i signed up 2 be on this forum it didnt say i had 2 be a good english speller so u have fun @ english class,
Fair enough... Personally I'd find it more difficult typing the way you do, than doing it properly, as the keys you use make the keyboard feel unergonomical... for example, you us "@" instead of "at", but either way your pushing 2 keys, so it seems pretty stupid and pointless...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and sanzar im @ uni buddy
<
[/b]
I knew the standards over here were dropping, but I didn't know it had gotton that bad in NZ!
<

Originally posted by hurricane13@Mar 22 2005, 09:27 PM
firstly i dont need 2 go 2 english classes coz it aint my no1 language okay MAORI is my no1 language so sorry if its not good enuff 4 u wen i signed up 2 be on this forum it didnt say i had 2 be a good english speller so u have fun @ english class, and sanzar im @ uni buddy
<
No, no, seriously...what language is that?

I've been on side view the whole time and have no reason to change.

Originally posted by Inertia@Mar 22 2005, 07:28 PM
Well ****** off with all these kicking problems in Classic 2 I decided to bite the bullet and try Sideview.

Jeez, what a difference. I can actually drop kick outside the 22
<
and field kicking goes much further.

Whats worse is the amount of line breaks I was managing to make through the diffence.

I recommend (so far), that anyone dead set on Classic 2 should try and get to grips with the sideview.
I've been using side view from the get go, Classic 2 is for wimps, and looks unrealistic.

Originally posted by hurricane13@Mar 23 2005, 09:27 AM
firstly i dont need 2 go 2 english classes coz it aint my no1 language okay MAORI is my no1 language so sorry if its not good enuff 4 u wen i signed up 2 be on this forum it didnt say i had 2 be a good english speller so u have fun @ english class, and sanzar im @ uni buddy
<
so you are saying English isn't a native langauge to you?

You're not the only one with a 2nd language buddy
<

Originally posted by Inertia+Mar 23 2005, 01:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Inertia @ Mar 23 2005, 01:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-hurricane13
@Mar 23 2005, 09:27 AM
<

<
[/b]
True, I'm sure there are many of us on this forum like that. Technically my first language is swedish and I also speak japanese, but that doesn't mean I'll just **** off English and be content with typing like a retard.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 23 2005, 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 23 2005, 04:42 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Inertia@Mar 23 2005, 01:53 PM
<

<
True, I'm sure there are many of us on this forum like that. Technically my first language is swedish and I also speak japanese, but that doesn't mean I'll just **** off English and be content with typing like a retard. [/b]
pratar du svenska också, vad skönt
<

on sideview u can actually hear the tackling sound effects and ref calling stuff, but on classic u dont hear anything, thats sucks from EA

Originally posted by Padz@Mar 23 2005, 07:16 PM
on sideview u can actually hear the tackling sound effects and ref calling stuff, but on classic u dont hear anything, thats sucks from EA
i guess this is some kind of attempt to make it more real as if a microphone was positioned closer. to be honest, i find the repetitive garbles of the ref and the whistle dead annoying.

o and ive noticed that everytime i vs france i hear them talk french...how thoughtfull is that.....imagine if they did that for all the nations...rofl

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 23 2005, 11:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 23 2005, 11:08 AM)</div>
firstly i dont need 2 go 2 english classes coz it aint my no1 language okay MAORI is my no1 language so sorry if its not good enuff 4 u wen i signed up 2 be on this forum it didnt say i had 2 be a good english speller so u have fun @ english class,
Fair enough... Personally I'd find it more difficult typing the way you do, than doing it properly, as the keys you use make the keyboard feel unergonomical... for example, you us "@" instead of "at", but either way your pushing 2 keys, so it seems pretty stupid and pointless...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and sanzar im @ uni buddy
<
[/b]
I knew the standards over here were dropping, but I didn't know it had gotton that bad in NZ!
<
[/b]
yea the standard is really bad unfortunatly!!! specially in wellington haha

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 23 2005, 04:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 23 2005, 04:42 PM)</div>
<

<
True, I'm sure there are many of us on this forum like that. Technically my first language is swedish and I also speak japanese, but that doesn't mean I'll just **** off English and be content with typing like a retard. [/b]
well then dont attempt 2 try and read wat i write then okay problem solved!!!
was evryone elses starting veiw on sideveiw wen they first got their games???

Originally posted by Inertia+Mar 23 2005, 07:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Inertia @ Mar 23 2005, 07:01 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 23 2005, 04:42 PM
<

<

True, I'm sure there are many of us on this forum like that. Technically my first language is swedish and I also speak japanese, but that doesn't mean I'll just **** off English and be content with typing like a retard.
pratar du svenska också, vad skönt
<
[/b]
thats cool 2 no that your native tongue isnt english then!!!

Well I'm a convert. I was on Classic 2... found it easy... even on hard.

Sideview is much more challenging and the kicking is good. It is more difficult but with a little finesse but it's good that you don't make all your drop goals (more and more of them though) and not all of the kicks from touch are spot on.

Line breaks look so much better on sideview and the game is just more intense and the more difficult defending adds a great aspect.

Cheers for a changed opinion (intelligence allows for one)

Originally posted by abes58@Mar 25 2005, 05:49 AM
Line breaks look so much better on sideview and the game is just more intense and the more difficult defending adds a great aspect.
I haven't even actually played an entire match on Classic 2 view.

When all the videos were being posted, I loved watching the Classic 2 view -- thought it was tactically brilliant, felt I was totally watching and involved with the game at the same time.

Then I get the game, play a full match on sideview and love it. Then I change to Classic 2, and I barely make it to the half. Just felt frustrating, not fluid and very slow.

to be honest I can't get used to side view... I want to use it, but I can't see gaps clearly enough in defence or attack and I can't tell if my kicks are gonna go out or not when I'm going for the side line. I like it for scrums, mauls and use it when I've kicked down feild to a player catching it on the full so I don't cop that direction change problem... So I actually am constantly switching back and forth with certain aspects of the game.

Either way though, I seriously feel that the camera angle is one area that HB really let us down... they really need to work on it for the next ***le.

Actually, i hate sideview, but unlike most i've broadcast a bit. It is sometimes alright. If u r going to use the graphics to their full extent well this is the angle. This camera is close to the field and angles so it is reasonably easy to direct kicks. Also distance from the kicks are the same I think as side.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 25 2005, 10:51 AM
Actually, i hate sideview, but unlike most i've broadcast a bit. It is sometimes alright. If u r going to use the graphics to their full extent well this is the angle. This camera is close to the field and angles so it is reasonably easy to direct kicks. Also distance from the kicks are the same I think as side.
So is the broadcast view any good i attempted it once but it was only for like the last 5 games mins of a half and it thought it looked really good being closer to the pitch etc but nvr had a good go with it

Latest posts