• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My New Phone Rocks!

G

Goth Power

I got the Sony Ericsson W910i yesterday on a 18 pay monthly contract, and I am very pleased with the phone, great music player, camera, and setup.

Not had a problem yet.

Anyone else got a new phone lately?

Just got the N82, fantastic phone, with GPS, WIFI, 5MP Camera with Carl Zeiss Lens, and Xenon Flash, with Music Player and Email Capabilities, it is a full smart phone, also with the WIFI, its surprising how many places have unsecured networks... Ah Free Web Surfing on my phone!!!

So, in terms of illegal internet usage, your saying in effect some people have been hit by, struck by......a smooth criminal?

Gosh, deflate the wind from my Michael Jackson and Alien Ant Farm quoting sails why dontcha?

By the way, I've got an old sharp GX30.

I'm still stuck with this piece of crap.
ROKRCING.jpg

Can't wait to get my N-series...don't know if i'll be able to afford an N95, so quite possibly I'll be heading down Charlies path, which by the sounds of it isn't too bad at all! Saves me money as well. No point in spending an extra couple of hundred I suppose.

Still got my good old Sanyo 7400. Got it mid 2005, I remember it being advertised like crazy during the Lions tour and told myself I must have it. Haven't looked back since...

I'm still stuck with this piece of crap.
ROKRCING.jpg

Can't wait to get my N-series...don't know if i'll be able to afford an N95, so quite possibly I'll be heading down Charlies path, which by the sounds of it isn't too bad at all! Saves me money as well. No point in spending an extra couple of hundred I suppose. [/b]

The N82 is basically the better phone when compared to the N95... due to the fact the battery has been sorted, the only key difference is that it doesn't have 8GB of storage... But that can be easily sorted...

Good point. Thanks for that.

N82 here I come.

I can pick one up unlocked for between AU$550 (245 GBP) and AU$700 (311 GBP). Good price?

Don't they tell you how much its worth? Obviously not I suppose.

According to all the contract thingies here, the phone outright it worth atleast $1000, so I think I'm getting a good deal.

Then again a contract might be the way to go, because I spend $49 on a maxi cap (for $250 and 100 free texts) anyway, so $600 will be a pretty hefty price.

I'll look in to the contract side of things...

I bloody hate mobile phones.
They're good for a "just in case" kind of way, but they're utterly pointless otherwise.
Remember when you really needed to make a phone call? 10p in a phone booth was your port of call and even that was a last resort. You'd usually wait til you next saw the person to tell them what you needed to tell them, or you make sure you won't turn up late to meet this certain person instead of texting them to say you'll be 30 minutes late.

I keep thinking to myself, 'Your phone is good in case you need it in an emergency." Why the f*** do i need to pay £35 a month for something i may or may not need?

Also, the national papers keep whining about how Kids are leaving school without the ability to read or write correctly and then they go showing off adverts for great mobile phone offers encouraging children - who seem to be getting younger when they get their own mobile phone - to purchase one of the idiot-machines which encourages them to write as if they've forgotten vowels ever existed!

Who's the bigger idiot here: You guys for liking phones and indulging paying for them and becoming part of the fools race?
Or me: The idiots' idiot, who despises the pointless things...and still continues to shell out what is essentially half a day's work just to pay it's way for a month and reluctantly painting himself red for yet another way to get more money out of his pocket.

Answers on a postcard...

i have an old nokia 6235. It sucks, i ahte it but i didnt pay for it and i dont pay for calls/texts (even to the states)

though i am thinking about getting an iphone when i am in the states and unlocking it when i come home. Either that or ill just wait for it to come out here, which wont be for a couple more years i guess :)

Got an LG KU990 (Viewty, f***ing stupid name). It's an exceptionally good phone. got a 4GB card in it for music, works excellently as an mp3 player. Love the onscreen full querty keyboard for texting. Excellent battery life aswell. about 12 hours music or video playback, or a week or 2 as just a phone.

Highly recommend it.

I can upgrade soon. I am keeping an eye on the situation very closely.

I've got an N70 and a 6300 at the moment, have only just got the N70 so just getting used to it.

I have some sort of Siemans phone. It's blue and grey/silver. I bought it purely because I liked how it looked. It has a camera but it's **** so I 've never used it.

As you can probably tell, as long as it has the ability to makes calls and texts, I really couldn't give a **** about what phone I have.

Latest posts