My REVIEW of Rugby 2005

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by locksley, Feb 8, 2005.

1. umosay

umosay Guest

No guessing needed, your correct

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

Yes I hope you're right - Locksley can't have had the game for long but has played it solidly since he got it, and think is a very accomplished gamer. I recon if it is too hard (witout cheating - I refuse to cheat!!) then as I said before, we might be able to tweak the teams to make it a little easier??

4. maddog79

maddog79 Guest

yeah maybe jimmy that could be a good idea

5. robbinho

robbinho Guest

when we say "cheat", are we talking about a technique or trick which always works kinda as a loophole, rather than a deliberate game-breaking code thingy.

apologies for overwhelming use of tecnical jargon.

6. cabbage

cabbage Guest

Does the AI play differentiy for the teams in the game [Argentina strong foward play, France always looking to counter attack, The Samoans looking for the big hit ect ] or do they all play the same way just varying difficulties

7. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

Thats what I meant - its a bit like 2004 when you could almost always score or at least gain huge yardage using the bling side set move from the scrum. Never any defence that side!!

8. jimmy44

jimmy44 Guest

Robbinho

Can you tell me if the trick you talk about is also effective when playign the AI on hard difficulty? - is it still too easy to score tries?

Cheers

J

9. cavan

cavan Guest

i would like to know if the irish provinces have their real kits and crests. thanks

10. The Ospreys

The Ospreys Guest

ok,right i have strangish sort of question for anyone who knows,
    can u have cpu vs cpu matches
    the reason i ask is it was absent on rugby 2004 and i really enjoy watching the cpu play, i dont know why. so anyone who knows it would be great help if u could let me know

11. ninjapirate

ninjapirate Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    haha thanks handsomebob, appreciate it. allister hogg had that one! man, i cant wait until this game comes out!!!

[​IMG] ninja for added awesomeness

12. ak47

ak47 Guest

surely u can

i never checked, but on the team selection screen, u can move the controllers to the nutruel position, in the ecntre of the screen suggesting its CPUvCPU

13. umosay

umosay Guest

Yes, AI can play AI

14. locksley

locksley Guest

Can it? I pressed start with both controller icons in the middle and it wouldn't let me start a match until I moved a controller to either side!

15. jonwebb

jonwebb Guest

Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson. I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism. I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling. He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all. He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area. He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on.

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else. But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle. Some are timing errors or just a big hit. I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line. This is very good especially at pressure situations. Brilliant.

16. umosay

umosay Guest

Oh, I thought you said you could, sorry.

17. ak47

ak47 Guest

jeeezus kryst!!!!!!!!!!
    he was there??

lucky for him

i would have sprayed a shitload of crap towards him for the lying on rugby 2004
    then pat him on the back for rugby 2005
    it is that good, all in rugby 2004 is forgiven!!!!

18. jonwebb

jonwebb Guest

Its that good AK47. It is actually beyond belief. I struggled early on the XBox version (The control is crap for Rugby and they game didnt respond as well as the PS2 but graphics are breath Taking). But when you get the hang of everything you dont want to stop. The only issue i have is with the kicking, its such an important part, especially when you getting smashed and losing ground, you need to try and gain some easy yards. I was having to start breaks from around my 22 to close to the try line, sometimes i would go 20 phases to get there. Very Hard work. On that note the Rucks are very good, play close to the pack and you will very rarley lose possesion.

19. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

yea i played against andrew wilson!

he won 20-7

i was england and he was australia

20. -JJ-

-JJ- Guest

Someone should've brought along Rugby 2004 and made Andrew Wilson play it. [​IMG]

21. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Did he look like he was going to kill/rape/mortally-wound you when you scored that try?

He looks like the sort of person who would do such a thing.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!