• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My REVIEW of Rugby 2005

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 10 2005, 07:11 PM
Someone should've brought along Rugby 2004 and made Andrew Wilson play it.
<
Diddo. But i think i was too interested in Rugby 2005.

Originally posted by jonwebb+Feb 10 2005, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonwebb @ Feb 10 2005, 05:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 10 2005, 05:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonwebb
@Feb 10 2005, 05:46 PM
Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson.  I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism.  I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling.  He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all.  He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area.  He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on. 

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else.  But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle.  Some are timing errors or just a big hit.  I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line.  This is very good especially at pressure situations.  Brilliant.

jeeezus kryst!!!!!!!!!!
he was there??

lucky for him

i would have sprayed a shitload of crap towards him for the lying on rugby 2004
then pat him on the back for rugby 2005
it is that good, all in rugby 2004 is forgiven!!!!
Its that good AK47. It is actually beyond belief. I struggled early on the XBox version (The control is crap for Rugby and they game didnt respond as well as the PS2 but graphics are breath Taking). But when you get the hang of everything you dont want to stop. The only issue i have is with the kicking, its such an important part, especially when you getting smashed and losing ground, you need to try and gain some easy yards. I was having to start breaks from around my 22 to close to the try line, sometimes i would go 20 phases to get there. Very Hard work. On that note the Rucks are very good, play close to the pack and you will very rarley lose possesion. [/b]
<

What's so bad about it? Is it just the controls are is the whole game unresponsive? If so, in which way?

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 10 2005, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 10 2005, 08:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by jonwebb@Feb 10 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 10 2005, 05:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonwebb
@Feb 10 2005, 05:46 PM
Hi All

Yesterday at the Preview of the Game i spoke to Andrew Wilson.  I asked about the kicking and he wasnt too happy about the criticism.  I also asked him about off-loads, because when i was playing the game sometimes i could offload but never when i was falling.  He said that they had plenty of Animations for the offloads, but they couldnt combine them all.  He said the offloads in the game are when your just been tackled, but you cant offload if your been tackled around the ball area.  He also said if not timed properly you would knock the ball on. 

On one hand im disappointed but this is due to the Time schedule more than anything else.  But on the other hand im so excited that there is a contest for the ball at the Tackle.  Some are timing errors or just a big hit.  I also had to get used to not pressing the X button too much at Ruck time as i would have no defenders in the Back line.  This is very good especially at pressure situations.  Brilliant.

jeeezus kryst!!!!!!!!!!
he was there??

lucky for him

i would have sprayed a shitload of crap towards him for the lying on rugby 2004
then pat him on the back for rugby 2005
it is that good, all in rugby 2004 is forgiven!!!!

Its that good AK47. It is actually beyond belief. I struggled early on the XBox version (The control is crap for Rugby and they game didnt respond as well as the PS2 but graphics are breath Taking). But when you get the hang of everything you dont want to stop. The only issue i have is with the kicking, its such an important part, especially when you getting smashed and losing ground, you need to try and gain some easy yards. I was having to start breaks from around my 22 to close to the try line, sometimes i would go 20 phases to get there. Very Hard work. On that note the Rucks are very good, play close to the pack and you will very rarley lose possesion.
<

What's so bad about it? Is it just the controls are is the whole game unresponsive? If so, in which way? [/b]
Hi Locksley

The Analog stick on the XBOX was the same as the PS2 but the response on the buttons were a bit slow. When moving the ball quickly most of the time i would have to press the button just as the player passed it. Like a double press quickly

If i pressed the button when the ball was closer to the player the pass wouldnt happen and i would get smashed and knock the ball on.

On PS2 version i could do it anytime, especially when im gonna get smashed. It just felt smoother on the PS2.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 10 2005, 07:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Feb 10 2005, 07:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 10 2005, 06:56 PM
yea i played against andrew wilson!

he won 20-7

i was england and he was australia
Did he look like he was going to kill/rape/mortally-wound you when you scored that try?

He looks like the sort of person who would do such a thing. [/b]
no he was a lil scared with me (standing far away from me while he was playing) mainly cos he cud feel the heat from rugby 2004!

is there any offloading in the tackle, cause without that life wont be worth living
<

dont think there is any offloading in the tackle from what ive seen on this forum, think sum1 sed you can offload if you press the pass button just b4 u get tackled!!Wud have been awsum if they did. But dont worry, il say they will have it in the next installment, or they better f@#kn well hav it or il start beating sum mother f@#kers!!
<
<

there are sum offloads but its in the animations department but like sum offloads in reallife they tend to be dropped...well thats wat happens and even better cud be caught with a scene like this....score board 15-14 extra time gap ball offloaded to the winger who scores a try in the corner!.....yeah!!!!

arghhhhhhhh!!!............thats how i felt at training camp i really wanted to jump up and hug the waitress behind me!

mehh not hot but the girls at the front desk were really hot and had canadian accents
<

OK i am new, i guess u can tell by my posts, but i am sooo looking forward to this game. it sounds wicked
<

and having a look at at the vids that are out just whets my appeitite for more.

excellent!!!!

woosaah, welcome.

The footage does look good, and those that have played are giving some positive comments (as well as some negative). So, until you have the game in your hot little hands, you never know how it'll turn out -- remember what they did with their last game.

Actually, forget what they did. Blot it out. Never speak of it.

But yeah, 2005 looks promising.

woosah, welcome to the forum...

beware the whisperings of "Doom..." that you might find here... I'd say to just keep an open mind, take in some more of the videos and try a copy of the game when you can - proof, if ever proof was needed, is in the pudding

... but I'm excited... rarrrrr !

never say the name of "the game" for now on we shall call it "the game" instead of r..r..r...u..g..b.y..2..00........4
<
<
<

uhh i said it nawwwww!!!

remember it is now known as "the game"
<

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 23 2005, 01:44 PM
never say the name of "the game" for now on we shall call it "the game" instead of r..r..r...u..g..b.y..2..00........4
<
<
<

uhh i said it nawwwww!!!

remember it is now known as "the game"
<
No no no no. That's too much praise. Let's call it........ "The Grinch"
or "The Guts"

or "The Gunk"

or "The Goobers" etc etc etc.

Latest posts