• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby 08 mod thread

C

csrtt815

Welcome to my EA Sports Rugby08 patch-mod thread!

Here you will find all my mods and patches for Rugby08 when and when they will be come available![/b]

Ospreys full patch.
comingsoon_osp07.png

Download.
ospreys08patch.rar

European Trophy full patch.
Hcup_preview.png

Download.
Rugby08Heineken_cup.rar

Cardiff Blues 08 patch.
cardiff08_patch.png

Download.
cardiff08patch.rar

Cardiff Blues 08 away kit patch.
cardiffaway08_mod.png

Download.
cardiff08awaypatch.rar

London-Irish 08 home kit mod.
london-irish_home.png

Download.
London-Irish_home07-08_patch.rar

Wales home 07-08 test update mod
walestestminikits07-08.png

Download
Wales_home_test07-08.rar

Downloads are in the Download section as well when they are approved! but will be up on this thread So please check from time to time. . .

POLITE NOTICE: Anyone who downloads any patch from me or any other modder on this forum please give credit to the author for their hard work! if you modify the patches in any way and re-post them. . . . .Thank you!

Hurry!

It's urgent, i really want to flatten Gavin Henson in a new ospreys shirt.

how do i apply them to the game? They look so good its awful not knowing how to apply them lol

how do i apply them to the game? They look so good its awful not knowing how to apply them lol [/b]

There is a installation readme file to help anyone that wants to use the patches!

All you have to do is unrar them then copy them to your EA Sports Rugby 08 folder, Default is:

C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08

do not copy the folders they come in, into the main rugby08 folder! only the files.

mate great work on the jerseys....is their any chance that you could do stade francais and some of the french sides? perhaps tonga fiji and samoa? cheerz

I am doing a Samoa.. i made Tonga but it is very difficult, and Fiji is also difficult.

I would probably make my own kit, that is not official, but looks nice in the game. It's better than the ones in the game now.

<div class='quotemain'> how do i apply them to the game? They look so good its awful not knowing how to apply them lol [/b]

There is a installation readme file to help anyone that wants to use the patches!

All you have to do is unrar them then copy them to your EA Sports Rugby 08 folder, Default is:

C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08

do not copy the folders they come in, into the main rugby08 folder! only the files.
[/b][/quote]

Hi, im haing a bit of trouble getting them to work, ive taken a screen print of where ive put them, could you tell me wht ive done wrong please.

mairicampbell3 that's my documents (wrong place), you must place the files in the installation directory (where Rugby08.exe is placed).

Thanks!!!

This forum has made the game worth playing

PS Is there any way of changing their name to the Ospreys, rarther than Neath-Swansea?

Thanks!!!

This forum has made the game worth playing

PS Is there any way of changing their name to the Ospreys, rarther than Neath-Swansea? [/b]

Yes there is! its in the *.xml file but i have tried everyone with the team names in and it still wont change, its very annoying :wall: when this happens or unless i have missed one file that will change it? :huh: EVOL or woosaah might have had some luck with it?

hi sorry to be hasty, but have u started on those Cardiff blues kits.. i would really like to have them like your ospreys one there amazing and im fed up of playing with the kit of 2 years ago. cheers once more

Will be starting the kit mod patch for you this week need to sort all the locations out 1st.

will keep you posted!

If you need help crstt, i can help make some of the simpler ones. I can't make Tonga's.. too hard for me, but i could manage Fiji's.. or alternatively, i can make an alternative Fiji. I don't really like that kit too much.

I think a black and white kit and a sky blue black and white kit would look cool.

Will you be releasing the licensed kits?

As it stands, Namibia is very easy, as is Portugal, so that just leaves Tonga, Fiji.. the rest are licensed i think.

I have done Samoa, but i need some advice on the collar setting. It looks good, but a collar change might be the key.

Cheers, the ospreys stuff is great! :bravo: i loved dump tackling hollah in a new ospreys shirt with rush :p because im sure it won't happen at the liberty aha :p

That Ospreys patch looks great - glad to see a good modding community - i have 05 but don't get too much time for games now...am very tempted to get 08 however now - heard it was pants because EA were really lax with the rosters but at least people are sorting it! Keep it up...

@Fa'atu82: do you have a picture of the Tonga kit?

If you need help crstt, i can help make some of the simpler ones. I can't make Tonga's.. too hard for me, but i could manage Fiji's.. or alternatively, i can make an alternative Fiji. I don't really like that kit too much.

I think a black and white kit and a sky blue black and white kit would look cool.

Will you be releasing the licensed kits?

As it stands, Namibia is very easy, as is Portugal, so that just leaves Tonga, Fiji.. the rest are licensed i think.

I have done Samoa, but i need some advice on the collar setting. It looks good, but a collar change might be the key.
[/b]

The choice is yours m8? what ever you think needs doing do, do them! just check if another modder has not done the team-patch so there is no duplicate patches, not sure if gunner has done the Cardiff Blues patch for 08 yet but i know he done the kit for 06, will check with him.

Ahhh right - yes very complicated haha - once they have played hopefully there will be a few better pics...i'm tempted to give it a bash once i have finished tiling my bathroom and kitchen haha....

Latest posts