• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NBA Thread

Congrats to the Raptors. Finally end GSW's run of ***les

Mad to think Kerr's Warriors underachieved, shows how hard the NBA is to win. Losing Durant is likely, Klay won't be back to any level he's been at until the season after next and no one on their roster is getting any younger, looks like they maxed out at three ***les.

Curry's best playoffs too.

Just reading reports that Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash. If true that is shocking. RIP.

Terrible news. I am hearing that his four daughters were also on board which if true is absolutely tragic. RIP
Just gets more shocking as the more comes out. Transcended Basketball, legend of sports... RIP.

Just gets more shocking as the more comes out. Transcended Basketball, legend of sports... RIP.

It was reported on ABC news a few minutes ago and no there are doubts about the story. I hope there's been some kind of mistake and they weren't on board.

It was reported on ABC news a few minutes ago and no there are doubts about the story. I hope there's been some kind of mistake and they weren't on board.
Yeah there are conflicting reports. Every outlet seems to confirm that there were four other passengers but not who they were. With some outlets stating that Bryant is survived by his wife and four daughters.

One of his daughters was on board to reportedly. So tragic. Private aircraft industry in the states needs looking at, just over 20 years from Payne Stewart's death and there were plenty in between.

One of his daughters was on board to reportedly. So tragic. Private aircraft industry in the states needs looking at, just over 20 years from Payne Stewart's death and there were plenty in between.

His daughter Gianna died in the crash as well, and she was only 13. I think it's especially sad when children die. It was really foggy and that might have something to do with the crash, pending investigation.

Last edited:
Rest in peace to one of the greats. I was never a big Kobe fan but no one could deny what he brought to a team.

Congratulations to my Los Angeles Lakers on another NBA championship. That's 17, tied with the Boston Celtics for the most ***les. :cool: There would have been a parade in LA yesterday, but Covid-19 put the kibosh on that.

1603250656300.png

Any other NBA fans on here? Possibly not considering few if any countries are interested in both rugby and basketball (France and Australia maybe) and the NBA isn't as popular as the NFL in the UK and Ireland! Playoffs starting on Saturday with both sides I'm partial to, Thunder and Trailblazers, involved I'm hyped.

I'm excited too because its the first time I've really been interested before the finals, even managed to watch a handful of regular season games despite them being on at awful times for a rugby fan in GMT generally, and it looks far more competitive, in the West at least, than anyone would have presumed before the start of the season. Its still Golden State's to lose but with the Rockets have established themselves as legitimate contenders and potentially having to go through Thunder's big three and Portland before the Conference finals its no easy ride.

I demand stickyness in this thread too mods!
I'm a BIG Dallas Mavericks Fan. It's my favourite sports team of alltime.

Anyone seen the Netflix Series the Last Dance?

Never been remotely in to Basketball, but that series is superb. Watched it twice through.

And the Malice at the Palace is also a good watch. About the fight between players and fans at the Detroit v Indiana game 2004

Might start watching a bit of basketball.

Anyone seen the Netflix Series the Last Dance?

Never been remotely in to Basketball, but that series is superb. Watched it twice through.

And the Malice at the Palace is also a good watch. About the fight between players and fans at the Detroit v Indiana game 2004

Might start watching a bit of basketball.
Watched both. Loosely follow NBA. The Last Dance was good but Malice in the Palace was nuts. Can't say I remembered it but knew all the main lads involved. Wow it was insane. Metta World Peace is such a character to follow.

Latest posts