• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA 2006

Originally posted by abes58@Aug 27 2005, 01:19 AM
What a great game!! Heisman chase totally outclasses the Superstar mode in Madden
I like the Heisman mode too. Does anyone have any hints on how to get your guy better skills in the camp drills?

I have tried again and again and can't quite figure it out.

For example, I played CB and they never even threw my way and I got these offers from Miami, LSU, etc... Then I got 2 interceptions, a couple tackles, and broke up another pass and I only got offers from middle teams.

As a RB it doesn't seem to matter if you run over guys or around them in the Oklahoma drill because your guy comes out pretty random.

Maybe I'm missing something. If so, clue me in.

OK, the console cheat thing is killing me. I just lost 31-28 to Texas in the national ***le game in overtime.

Three different Texas TD drives and this is what happened.

- 3rd and long I stop him short and get called for a facemask
- 4th and goal he throws an incompletion and I get called for a roughing the passer
- 3rd and long and I sack the QB and get called for a facemask again.

Wow!!!! Now I have to bring back my two-time Heisman winner for his senior season.

I love this game!!!

Once I'm done with this season I'll start a new RFTH and give you some feedback on how to get better stats for your RFTH players.

I am playing on All-American for everyone's information.

This is the first time ive noticed in NCAA the so-called "Comeback" AI which has plauged the Madden series ever since 2002.

Just started my 2nd Heisman Race, at the moment are a (White) Freshman Runningback for Ohio State.

Oh, by the way.

My RB had 2500 yards rushing when he won the Heisman his Soph year and only 2150 this last year when he won it again.

And last night after I sat through all the automated off-season stuff, I beat #5 Miami in my season opener 38-17. 227 yards from my two-timw returning Heisman winner.

Now Memphis is 1-0 and #5 in the country with pretty smooth sailing ahead against a pretty week C-USA schedule. Miami was my big game.

My RB made his debut for the Buckeyes last night against Miami (Ohio)

First Touch Busts it up for a 45 Touch Down Run, spinning and weaving past 4 Players before a stylish dive in the corner. Touches the ball another 21 times for 87 Yards.

Makes 2 Catches, including a 24 yard TD off a Play Action with 3 Seconds on the clock for the victory (Ive fiddled around with the sliders to make things harder).

All in all not a bad start, got Texas up next week, one step closer to the big one against Michigan.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 28 2005, 12:33 PM
My RB made his debut for the Buckeyes last night against Miami (Ohio)

First Touch Busts it up for a 45 Touch Down Run, spinning and weaving past 4 Players before a stylish dive in the corner. Touches the ball another 21 times for 87 Yards.

Makes 2 Catches, including a 24 yard TD off a Play Action with 3 Seconds on the clock for the victory (Ive fiddled around with the sliders to make things harder).

All in all not a bad start, got Texas up next week, one step closer to the big one against Michigan.
Let me know how the Texas game goes. Texas can have those strange "cheat" moments when you play them.

They shut down the QB good and stacked the box.... then Vince Young thought it would be amusing to pass for 3 TD's and Rush for 1 more (First he steals the Hiesman from my first RTTH, then this - I need to learn how to stop Scrambling QB's). What a shame they forgot that even if you stack the box, you still got to tackle...

33 Carries, 121 Yards, 4 TD's

With by Backup forming a handy 1-2 punch with 12 Carries and 69 Yards.

Another last minute victory, with my QB finally coming good in the last 2 minutes to drive us down the field, including a 45 yard completition to set up an handy 31 yard kick.

But there Defence did seem to be a bit cheesie, as well as doing some whacky stuff to get back in the game whenever it appeared I had it done and dusted.

All in all, a good first 2 weeks... I feel I have graduated from All American mode so it will be harder to boost my RB's stats from now on.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 29 2005, 04:15 PM
They shut down the QB good and stacked the box.... then Vince Young thought it would be amusing to pass for 3 TD's and Rush for 1 more (First he steals the Hiesman from my first RTTH, then this - I need to learn how to stop Scrambling QB's).   What a shame they forgot that even if you stack the box, you still got to tackle...

33 Carries, 121 Yards, 4 TD's

With by Backup forming a handy 1-2 punch with 12 Carries and 69 Yards.

Another last minute victory, with my QB finally coming good in the last 2 minutes to drive us down the field, including a 45 yard completition to set up an handy 31 yard kick.

But there Defence did seem to be a bit cheesie, as well as doing some whacky stuff to get back in the game whenever it appeared I had it done and dusted.

All in all, a good first 2 weeks... I feel I have graduated from All American mode so it will be harder to boost my RB's stats from now on.
Good game! I won the other night with Iowa State against Mizzou on a last second Hail Mary after I got an interception and scored and then got the onside kick. It was #1 on my "Greatest Games" so far. It just showed me that sometimes the console seems to cheat you, and sometimes the console cheats itself. I think it's all random.

If you start playing Heisman and it is way too hard, I have found that by playing All-American with a lower end team you can still have some really close games. Even a reasonably good team like Minnesota or Wisconsin is too good to have much fun on AA. I'm talking Indiana/Baylor/Duke. Actually I think my next RFTH I'll go to Army.

Just beat Southern Miss with Memphis. Next up is Marshall and then the conference championship game (yawn) I am sick of CUSA. I am going to try USA Rugger's Baylor idea.

Looks like I'll get my third straight Heisman.

OK,

The stage is set. It is my senior RB's senior season. He just won the Heisman, Doak Walker, Maxwell, and best returner awards. He had 2223 yards rushing and 483 yards receiving. It was his third Heisman, Maxwell, and Walker in a row. Problem is, although the team has four straight C-USA ***les, we didn't even make it to a BCS bowl until last year. Last year we lost to hated Texas for the national championship. Now I have a rematch...a 12-0 Texas team against my 12-0 Memphis Tigers. I'll probably have to play it tonight. If I win, I'll start a new RFTH. If I lose, I will probably go coach Mizzou or another Big-12 team just so I get a shot at Texas every year!!!!!

31-17 Memphis. My RB had 295 yards. Beautiful... He broke his third carry for a 71 yard TD on a HB ISO play and it was pretty much over from there.

Freshman WR George Washington just enrolled at Baylor.

Nice...

Im thinking of really going all out next time, maybe just a straight dynasty and try to turn one the crapper Ivy League Schools (The Crap of the Crap in other words) into Powerhouses.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 30 2005, 05:33 PM
Nice...

Im thinking of really going all out next time, maybe just a straight dynasty and try to turn one the crapper Ivy League Schools (The Crap of the Crap in other words) into Powerhouses.
Or pick a 1AA school like Montana. Another thing I tried last year was creating a school in Alaska. It was tough to recruit up there. If you stick yourself right in a good conference there are advantages, but if you stay independent you can control your shcedule more.

Meanwhile, FR WR/CB sensation George Patton tore it up against Mizzou last night. Mizzou QB Brad Smith was injured on the first drive and the Mizzou offense struggled. Mizzou managed to get inside the Cyclone 10 twice in the fourth quarter but turned it over on downs both times.

Patton had two catches for 56 yards, and made 5 tackles. He also played RB during mop-up time at the end of the 4th QTR and had 5 carries for 48 yards including a nifty 18 yard scamper off an option pitch in which he juked the Mizzou impact LB at the 10 and then ran over the FS at the goal line.

Confused: I like the George Washington gig. I'm gonna stick with WWII generals for awhile. Maybe I'll throw in a Rommel or a Monty.

Well Baylor had a close first game against SMU. I won 28-21 and ground out the clock on my last two possessions and played really tough defense. I am dreading the Big 12 conference schedule. I relly need to win the next two non-conference games against Samford and Army to hope for a Bowl Game.

My ground rules for this one to make it harder:

1) I have to use the school's playbook which means I will have to learn how to pass better. Baylor has every shotgun known to man but only a regular I formation and a few ace formations (only teo with two WR. In the past I have used the MN playbook and I run a lot of option with maybe 4-6 passes a game.

2) I have to make an effort to balance my playcalling. In this game I ran 22 runs and 16 passes. My RB easily had 100 yards but my passing was 6-14 with 2 sacks allowed. 223 Yards passing which means I got a lot of bang for each completion but threw a lot of incompletions (one interception)

3) No cheating by benching a P/K who is the impact player (Baylor's P is an impact player.) He did have a 76 yard punt so I guess I can't complain.

4) My RFTH player has to play both ways.

Freshman WR/CB George Washington had 2 catches for 83 yards and a TD. On defense he had 4 tackles and 2 passes deflected.

Like I said, this could be a long season. Without the ability to recruit myself, I don't know if I can count on much help in the future. A bowl game, any bowl game, is my goal for this season.

This will be fun....

Well holy crap how these rules have hampered me. I can't pass to save my butt. It could be because my QB sucks.

I simulated the Samford game and only won 28-21 so that set up the match-up with Army.

Bobby Ross had the Army Cadets (Black Knights) pumped. They jumped out to a 14-0 and then a 21-7 lead at the half. Things were not looking good for Baylor. I could not stop the Army impact RB #30 Carlton Jones. Luckily my 2nd string TB is as good or better than my #1 guy. I battled back and tied the score at 28 with 14 seconds in the game with a nice 2 yard plunge by my 2nd TB #20 Brandon Whitaker.

In OT I won the toss and elected to play defense. Jones broke a flat pass down to the 5 yard line and Army scored from there. I scored to tie the game and then played offense again. Nothing but running plays got me my second score to go up 42-35. A 3rd and goal interception by FS Maurice Lane sealed the win for Baylor. Now I am 3-0 haeding into conference play.

George Washington had a couple catches but nothing spectacular. His best play of the game was a sweet 3rd and 15 interception in the 4th quarter to set up the game tying drive.

I am still hoping for a bowl game, but I'm not feeling really good about it.

Nice, you planning on doing a straight dynasty soon?

Have only played one game so far this week, had an English Assignment and with 15 bucks hanging on Excellence I had to reluctantly set my prioties straight.

San Deigo State was an amusing affair, my QB was the star, carving up, ecspecially after I got the play action working. Ronnie Mexico (My RB) also had a good game, ecspecially against, what I found to be a weak defence. 248 yards of just 31 attempts, with 3 TD as well as 9 Catches for 143 Yards and 2 more TD's, also forced a fumble in a bizzare play which had a grand total of 4 Fumbles (QB hooks up with TE, TE Fumbles, opposing player regains, Running Back lines him up, opposing player fumbles, TE redeems himself by recovring, and with only one play to beat...

He Fumbles it. Needless to say I saved that one for future reference.

Hiesman Hype Meter also got a nice little boost.

Iowa up next... I f***ing Hate Iowa.

Ripper, I hope you don't mind me using your quote in my signature, but I hate IOWA too. If you have never been to a game there, you should go sometime. They have a great atmosphere, great friendly fans, and a lot of annoying chants and cheers that make you hate IOWA even more.

The worst one is this horrible chant where the stadium is divided into quarters and the chant goes around the stadium again and again. All they say is I---O---W---A!!

I love the Ronnie Mexico thing...

George Patton is now on the Heisman list at number 4. ISU crushed Oklahoma State 62-7. The ISU TB is still #1 after another 200 yard performance. Once again I put Patton in at TB in the 4th QTR to pad his stats. He had over 100 yards receiving and 73 rushing on 6 attempts (2TD).

Play of the game: Patton gets burned deep by the OSU impact receiver. I switch to Patton late and gun the sprint button (good thing there was 80 yards of field to work with). I catch him at about the 30 yard line and hit the dive button while simultaneously hitting strip. Patton dives on the wideout's back while hacking at the ball which pops out and is recovered by my chasing SS. I had to watch the replay about five times. Beautiful...

I think I might do one more RFTH with a created cupcake team (still deciding where to locate them) and then I will become a coach with my created player after RFTH. I think I could name my guy Erwin Rommel and make my team the Berlin University Blitzkrieg (Located in North Dakota).

My other thought was to go with Robert E. Lee and make my team the rebels, or else make Larry Flynnt (spelling?) and call my team the hustlers.

Any ideas for creative created teams and players?

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 31 2005, 05:44 PM
I f***ing Hate Iowa.
You're back in the will, Ripper. But only just.

Man, oh man, the way you guys are talking about this game . . . I just might have to get it.

I'm still enjoying NCAA 2004 (bought for the gentlemanly price of 10 bucks last October).

We'll see, I gotta make sure I have time to play it. I believe I read that in NCAA 2006 you're heisman guy gets girlfriends, ugly ones at first and then hotties -- WTF? Is it ridiculous or all in good fun kind of feature?