• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2007

C

Confused

I am in Heaven. I started almost immediately and went through the new camp mode and signed with Vanderbilt. A very cool game.

A couple more weeks for me... I need to look around, collect my funds and order.

You have to go to class. I am taking a hard major so I hope i do OK on midterms.

I played my first two games and beat Mighigan 35-28 on a bomb with 11 seconds left and just snuck by BAMA 28-14. Much closer than two touchdowns. I got the last one in garbage time.

If anyone knows where to get some walkthroughs/FAQs etc I need it. I can't figure out how to get bonus points from practice. For my extra drills I got it. I just can't do the team practice on defense where somehow I am supposed to get points.

So after owning every Madden game ever released, I finally own my first NCAA game and I have to say I'm loving it so far. The Campus Legend mode seems really good, I like the fact that although you concentrate on one player, you also have the dynasty style control as well.

Obviously this is the first one I've played, and so my only point of comparison is Madden, but I love all the pageantry and the 'show' of college football that has been captured. Looking forward to finally getting involved with one of these threads having read last year's dynasty ones. What mode are you guys going to be playing?

Damn you guys, ive been wanting to play this game since i first heard about it several years ago, and it sounds like its getting better and better.

Why don't you go down my path and "invest" in some various machinery which allows you to play it?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 20 2006, 08:18 AM
Why don't you go down my path and "invest" in some various machinery which allows you to play it?
Or there is a software option which even a monkey could manage... I think the legality of both are dubious as it can be used to play copied games as well as paid for, legally imported ones.

Can't wait to finish work and get back to this game - the only slightly annoying thing is that the players are all just number rather than names - is this something you can change? I know roster downloads with real players will be around soon, but did I read somewhere you can randomly generate names?

Originally posted by toup+Jul 20 2006, 08:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 20 2006, 08:18 AM
Or there is a software option which even a monkey could manage... I think the legality of both are dubious as it can be used to play copied games as well as paid for, legally imported ones.

Can't wait to finish work and get back to this game - the only slightly annoying thing is that the players are all just number rather than names - is this something you can change? I know roster downloads with real players will be around soon, but did I read somewhere you can randomly generate names? [/b]
Hey... is not my fault if he buys them and uses them for illegal purposes.

And Rosters are another reason I will wait.. theres just something strangely gay about playing with QB10...

But they usually get the naming patches out preety quick. Whats the gameplay like - can you do Playactions with Left Handed QBs? Does the O-Line actually block? and have they fixed the sim engine in Dynasty mode?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 20 2006, 08:35 AM
Whats the gameplay like - can you do Playactions with Left Handed QBs? Does the O-Line actually block? and have they fixed the sim engine in Dynasty mode?
Have only literally had about half an hour with the game so far, and pretty much just checked out Campus Legend mode. Will try to answer these later unless anyone does before. Obviously my only point of comparison is madden, so for improvements compared to last year someone else will have to help out...

The game I played the O-Line seemed to do a pretty good job, but I was Michigan against some crappy side so it was to be expected. I've read elsewhere that the jumping the snap option can make the D-Line a little too effective, but this can probably be adjusted with sliders. Even in the big mismatch I played, it didn't seem too easy to make yards, and I certainly didn't find any money plays in my limited time, but I guess only time will tell

I would want the 360 version the most, but will only do it through legal means. Ill be moving to Japan in about 18 months, and i guess ill hav to get a NTSC console over there. So i guess ill hav to wait till then.

On second thoughts, I just read a review of the 360 version, and they removed all the features, so I dont feel so cheated now.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 20 2006, 01:12 PM
On second thoughts, I just read a review of the 360 version, and they removed all the features, so I dont feel so cheated now.
Yeah, was about to tell you that! Reckon the 360 Madden 07 might be worth a look as I think that has franchise, but I reckon for NCAA you want all the options and the 360 hasn't got them...

Originally posted by Confused@Jul 20 2006, 01:45 PM
I played my first two games and beat Mighigan 35-28 on a bomb with 11 seconds left and just snuck by BAMA 28-14.  Much closer than two touchdowns.  I got the last one in garbage time.

If anyone knows where to get some walkthroughs/FAQs etc I need it.  I can't figure out how to get bonus points from practice.  For my extra drills I got it.  I just can't do the team practice on defense where somehow I am supposed to get points.
nice one beatin Michigan!

stupid ass auto worker *****es, bunch of faggots, wankers, and ann arbor truly is the cesspool of this world..

Originally posted by toup@Jul 20 2006, 07:42 PM
So after owning every Madden game ever released, I finally own my first NCAA game and I have to say I'm loving it so far. The Campus Legend mode seems really good, I like the fact that although you concentrate on one player, you also have the dynasty style control as well.

Obviously this is the first one I've played, and so my only point of comparison is Madden, but I love all the pageantry and the 'show' of college football that has been captured. Looking forward to finally getting involved with one of these threads having read last year's dynasty ones. What mode are you guys going to be playing?
I am playing the "legend" mode. I think they will allow you to convert that to a Dynasty and become a coach, but I will play a few different legends and try different positions before I go to straight dynasty.

If you go to Rosters, you should be able to hit Auto-name and it will generate fake names for everyone. I think you might have to do it before you start legend mode.

Most of the roster places I know are in the USA and you mail your memory card an $5 to the guy wiuth a postage paid return envelope. If you want a web-site let me know. I have done it 2-3 times and heave never had my memory card stolen.

I play on All-American difficulty. A little too easy so slider adjustment is a good fix. I think the Heisman mode is just too stupidly difficult on offense. Your defense will be really good so there will be a lot of low scoring games.

Righto people keep spilling the news

I heard the 360 version is cut short again - but again i heard that it plays better than anyother american football game to date

I am getting Madden 2007 100%

And this is a good indicator of how that game will play

This is my longest drought without an NFL ***le....2 years.

I need my fix, and i dont care about features - as long as it plays better than ever.

And presentation touched up

Is NCAA being released in Australia?? I am very interested in this game, but have not seen it anywhere.

I may have to order it....

NCAA is not getting a PAL release sadly. Is it available on pc I wonder?
current gen version sounds excellent.

Hopefully madden 07 on 360 will be good despite lack of franchise deapth. Superstar mode will be cool i think, but i dont know if its my cup of tea yet.

Latest posts