• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2007

OK,

I ditched my Minnesota RB after his Sophomore season because he was just completely crazy good. Way too easy. I decided to start over with a QB and make him fast so I could run the option with my beloved Gophers.

I started the new legend and went to camp. I ran a respectable 4.54 in the 40 yard dash. I then did OK on the damg drill where you dodge and throw. Then I completely kicked ass on the skeleton drill so I was feeling good. Next cam the distance throw. I have no idea what I did wrong. I completely failed that one miserably. If anyone can give me distance throw tipe let me know. Finally I recovered nicely on thew option drill. When it ended I was a 2-star QB and the dang Gophers did not offer. I thought about starting over right there, but I thought I liked the challenge of starting out with a 2-star guy. I signed with Air Force and I am now the starting QB even though I am only a 65 rating with 90 speed and pretty horrid throwing stats. The funny thing is that the "impact" QB is now the back-up to me. I played my first game againt Tennessee. A heck of an opener.

I kicked to them (in Knoxville with the crowd rocking) and held them to three and out. They punted to me and my Freshman QB (Bon Jovi) led the Falcons down the field for a score (all running plays). UT threw a one play bomb to tie the score. I got the ball back and my impact HB and Bon Jovi marched straight down for another score (converted a key 3rd and 8) to go up 14-7. My defense held them again and on a 2nd and 8 Bon Jovi optioned right and got hurt (bruised ribs). He had 107 yards rushing at that point and no completions (0 for 1). THe back-up impact player came in and threw a play-action bomb for a TD. I kicked and UT fumbled and I recovered. The RB ran it in to go up 28-7 and the rout was on (the impact meter was fully pegged and stayed that way). UT tried to come back, but I won 56-24. RB had over 200 yards rushing and the impact QB had 4 ruahing TDs and a passing TD. Nice game to start the season with a big upset of UT. It was close when BOn Jovi was in. Probably the best thing that happened was him getting hurt against UT. He was only out for the game so I get him back next week.

AF is 1-0. GO Air Force!!!!

OK,

My guy is the man. He is now a 99 CB and actually Vandy is doing ok. I still can't get him returning punts or kicks and I can't play him on offense so I think that will happen next year. The impact WR will graduate so hopefully I will get some love there. If not, I might start playing the games again just to have him go both ways.

USArugger is talking some smack, but he's got no game...

Woohsaah, if you want to talk NCAA baseball start a thread and I will contribute.

I like the 2-star guy thing though. MY CB at Vandy was 4 stars.

Taking it slow before I enrol in school, messing around with Dynasty mode at the moment.

Havent really played enough to form an opinion though.

DO any of you ever get the idea that the console team plays a cheat pennant on you?

I played Wyoming with Bon Jovi and the Air Force Falcons in Wyoming. The game started well with them going 3 and out and then Bon Jovi socring on a 70 yard option keeper on my second play. We got a 28-7 lead by half-time. Then the second half came. They kicked to me.

My guy returns the kick almost 50 yards and fumbles at the end of the play. They get a FG to pull to 28-10. They kick to me again. We are marching downfield and Bon Jovi fumbles on an option keeper. They take it in for a TD to go down 28-17. I get the ball back and my impact TB fumbles about 4 plays into the drive. They drive down and score again because my DBs have just become the dumbest coverage blowing guys in history. 28-23 because they miss the extra point. I get the ball back and Bon Jovi fumbles again (bad option pitch) and I get it back. I am about to score when Bon Jovi fumbles at the 1. Now I am pretty ticked. They drive for a FG to make the score 28-26. At that point, I am done with the option and I pass my way for a score to go up 35-26. Then I score another one in garbage time to win 42-26. I felt like rubbing it in because the console cheated. I guess all my points from practice this week will go to improve Bon Jovi's carrying rating.

Originally posted by Caledfwlch@Aug 23 2006, 05:32 AM
the damn game cheats all the time!!!
The game cheats to keep it interesting. The game picks a couple games a year that you are not supposed to win. The funny thing is that it doesn't have to be against a good team. You will be playing Illinois or something and all of a sudden it is like you are playing Texas... and your guys suck...

My guy has actually returned a couple kicks now. I increased his stamina to 86 and the next game the coach let him return kicks. Interesting...

Vandy was 5-0 (maybe 6-0) with big wins over Tennessee and Louisville (oh and South Carolina) and then we lost big to Auburn.

We shall see...

BTW, I beat USArugger again head to head. Of course he does not mention that. My option game is butter....

Originally posted by Confused+Aug 23 2006, 01:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caledfwlch
@Aug 23 2006, 05:32 AM
the damn game cheats all the time!!!
The game cheats to keep it interesting. The game picks a couple games a year that you are not supposed to win. The funny thing is that it doesn't have to be against a good team. You will be playing Illinois or something and all of a sudden it is like you are playing Texas... and your guys suck... [/b]
It's not really cheating, but the so called "comeback" AI.

Like our confused friend above said, it keeps the game interesting and means you can't afford to let your guard down and go into third gear when you have a reasonable lead.

OK,

First of all, I didn't beat Tennessee earlier in the year. I was confused (lol)... Since I am simming, there is not a lot of control for me. After the loss to Auburn, it went down hill with losses to Georgia, FLorida, Alabama, and Ole Miss (not necessarily in that order). I finally eked out a win against Tennessee in the last game (for real this time). I ended up 7-5 with final exams coming up. I do not know which bowl I will play in yet. I am tempted to play in it so that we get some decent recruits at my school. Even though we went to a bowl lastr year. we got almost no good recruits.

And Ripper, it is cheating. Comeback AI is one thing, but when your guys start fumbling on every drive it is like the console played a greasy-fingers pennant or something.

How do you like the game so far Ripper?

Originally posted by Confused@Aug 23 2006, 03:32 PM

BTW, I beat USArugger again head to head. Of course he does not mention that. My option game is butter....
OK, what our Confused friend fails to mention is that it was 20-17. Kind of a defensive battle. Yes he did beat me. That dang option that he runs is hard to stop and he also has this gift of running with the ball up the gut. I do not know where he got it from. He also likes to run out the clock on you and he just grinds out a few yards at a time. If he gets the ball with the lead in the 4th QTR, you are done... With five minute quarters I think it is a little cheesy to wait until 2 seconds left on every snap, but what can I say?

I will get him this weekend.

I also propose that Ripper gets to pick our teams for us and then the loser has to write a post about our head to head game.

How 'bout it Ripper?

Please pick equal teams because Confused is a little girly man if he gets beat. If his team is at all worse he will talk about that forever.

Originally posted by Confused@Aug 23 2006, 10:08 PM
OK,

First of all, I didn't beat Tennessee earlier in the year. I was confused (lol)... Since I am simming, there is not a lot of control for me. After the loss to Auburn, it went down hill with losses to Georgia, FLorida, Alabama, and Ole Miss (not necessarily in that order). I finally eked out a win against Tennessee in the last game (for real this time). I ended up 7-5 with final exams coming up. I do not know which bowl I will play in yet. I am tempted to play in it so that we get some decent recruits at my school. Even though we went to a bowl lastr year. we got almost no good recruits.

And Ripper, it is cheating. Comeback AI is one thing, but when your guys start fumbling on every drive it is like the console played a greasy-fingers pennant or something.

How do you like the game so far Ripper?
It is teh Orsome!

Finally... the O-Line is able to block, the new kicking system is good as well, seems more realistic In my very important opinion, it's just little things which make this years version kick last years version - like being able to Juke with QB's or the option to throw the ball at the ground (In previous versions when you were on the run, the only options you had were to take sack, throw it into coverage and risk a pick or throw it high and risk a penalty).

Jumping the snap is fun, although I'm finding it hard to time it... haven't really noticed any major affects due to that new momentum thing though.

But the real test for the game will be when I get off my fat arse and enrol in school and hop on the path to Hiesman Glory.

And any restrictions on the teams you want be to pick for you two losers?

Give us two equal BCS conference teams. I will throw in one more restriction. When we play the game, we have to use that school's playbook. That will give you a little more to work with.

I am really liking the blocking audibles. Very nice... I still haven't really used all the defensive audibles. I don't think that much on D. I grab a DE and try to jump the snap.

Originally posted by USArugger@Aug 24 2006, 09:54 AM
Give us two equal BCS conference teams. I will throw in one more restriction. When we play the game, we have to use that school's playbook. That will give you a little more to work with.

I am really liking the blocking audibles. Very nice... I still haven't really used all the defensive audibles. I don't think that much on D. I grab a DE and try to jump the snap.
I love it!!! Ripper, let's go baby!!! Give us the teams. I go with whatever playbook, whatever team, I don't care. USArugger will be at my house on Saturday night. GImme Texas Tech, gimme AF, I don't care...

If Ripper isn't gonna assign teams I say we go with conference showdowns. We go top to bottom with Big Ten vs. SEC for example and we just flip a coin before the game to see who gets what team...

So we might have tOSU vs. Auburn, Mich vs. Florida, Iowa vs. LSU, etc...

Ideas for conferences?

Hang on, I'm busy.

Alright, I'm done.

How about West Virgina vs Penn State.

Or if you want to be real creative... Miami v Florida State.

how about THE Ohio State University vs University of Michigan

best rivalry ever in sports, i feel sorry for the person who has to play as Michigan

I like both your ideas. How about we go with the best rivalries in each conference (not necessarily the best teams). Or else we could go with the two best teams. Or possibly the best rivaly between closely matched teams.

Best Rivalries by BCS conference (we need some votes):

Big Ten: tOSU v. Michigan or Minn v. Wisc
ACC: Miami v. FSU or Miami v. V-Tech
SEC: Auburn v. Alabama or Florida v. Tenn
Big 12: Texas v. Okie or Neb v. CO
Big East: I don't give a crap
PAC Ten: Oregon vs. Oregon State?

Or do we just go with big games regardless of conference?

USC v Notre Dame
Florida v. Florida State
Virginia v. V-TecTexas v. tOSU
(examples)

Or random big games (not necessarily real)
Penn State vs. WVU
Auburn v. Michigan
Notre Dame v. FSU etc...

All games are played at a neutral site.

I have the next Reggie Bush in my team... after one season... woot. Is it me... or is it easier to recruit this year?

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 28 2006, 04:24 PM
I have the next Reggie Bush in my team... after one season... woot. Is it me... or is it easier to recruit this year?
Are you playing dynasty? I have not tried to recruit yet because I am playing camous legend so I don't know. I hope it isn't too easy to recruit.

I am getting really ticked off!!! My dude is by far the best player on the team and is almost 99 in anything that matters for a CB. He still does not return kick. No INTs and 2 tackles a game. I guess he is completely shutting down one side of the field. We are 3-0 and just beat Auburn...

Latest posts