• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA Football 2007

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 28 2006, 04:24 PM
I have the next Reggie Bush in my team... after one season... woot. Is it me... or is it easier to recruit this year?
Are you playing dynasty? I have not tried to recruit yet because I am playing camous legend so I don't know. I hope it isn't too easy to recruit.
[/b]

It could've been a fluke, but in 2006 it felt like I hard work to get a player about 3/4 as good after a 10 win season, let alone a 7 win season.

Getting ready to enrol any day now, I feel aclimatised to 07, and have finally got the hang of jumping the snap... very happy with this purchase and theres no doubt in my mind i'll clock up similar milage to what I did on last years edition.

It could've been a fluke, but in 2006 it felt like I hard work to get a player about 3/4 as good after a 10 win season, let alone a 7 win season.

Getting ready to enrol any day now, I feel aclimatised to 07, and have finally got the hang of jumping the snap... very happy with this purchase and theres no doubt in my mind i'll clock up similar milage to what I did on last years edition.
[/b]

Ripper. What school are you playing with? What prestige? I know there were some strange things with recruiting last year. I created a team and even when I got them to three star prestige I could barely recruit any 3-star players. My team was in the Sun-Belt and I had the smallest stadium that I could build so that may have been a factor. Anyway, i had a terrible time recruiting with that team. When I used a regular conference team when i got to three stars I could get a bunch of three stars and even a few 4 stars.

I will start a dynasty when my legend graduates...

I was using Vanderbilt, prestige... I can't remember - there was a powercut while I was saving - so the saved game went bye bye.

Gave me the excuse to start Legend Mode, already missed 2 out of my first 7 games because I am such a party animal, and can't be arsed studying. Thinking of starting again as I accidently set the difficulty to low and i'm carving it up.

Do academics have any effect on your popularity... or anything other than your academic eligibilty?

Ripper,

If you get good grades and make the Dean's list and are an academic All-American you will be more popular.

Ripper,

If you get good grades and make the Dean's list and are an academic All-American you will be more popular.
[/b]

If you win awards and get good grades you don't have to socialize. You will be popular...

Yeah, you can get popularity for loads of things (think there's a list when you look at popularity in more detail). You get loads for being national player of the week etc - you only really need to do social events as a top up. If you're performing well on the field (and meeting your athletic goals) and doing well academically there is no need to do social events.

What level do you play on head to head? When I play against Confused we play on All-American or sometimes Heisman. It is no fun to play on the lowest levels because passing is way too easy.

That being said, I was on a road-trip to North Carolina for work this week. I stayed one night with a buddy. He had just bought NCAA 07 and wanted to play. We started out head to head on the easiest level (because I didn't check) and it was no fun. Everytime he threw a bomb it was complete.

We cranked it up to All-American and he threw interceptions on his first three passes. Huge difference. You actually have to hit open receivers on the higher levels.

We played one game that was '46 Army vs. '34 Minnesota. It was really fun. The players were smaller and slower and we had to use the option run playbook. Good stuff.

Leather helmets looked kind of funny in the Metrodome though :D

Fellas,

I just started a thread in World Sports about college football. I am hoping to get some discussion going about college football. Please stop by and post. I will be certain to argue with you!!!!

My Vandy guy just went through his Junior year. He won the Thorpe again and also the Bednarik award for the best defensive player. I still got no love from the coach for playing a few downs at WR or returning kicks. I guess I will play my games this year... I brought him back for his senior season... I want the Heisman baby!!!!

My Vandy guy just went through his Junior year. He won the Thorpe again and also the Bednarik award for the best defensive player. I still got no love from the coach for playing a few downs at WR or returning kicks. I guess I will play my games this year... I brought him back for his senior season... I want the Heisman baby!!!!
[/b]

You should be practicing for our next showdown game!!!!

Right, completed my First Season, wasn't exactly Hiesman material, but good for a True Freshman - 59 catches for 827 yards and 7 Touchdowns.

Right, completed my First Season, wasn't exactly Hiesman material, but good for a True Freshman - 59 catches for 827 yards and 7 Touchdowns.
[/b]

sounds like ted ginn numbers..

My Vandy guy had 12 TDs in his first game against UK. 2 Punt returns, five rushes, and five TD receptions. In his second game he only had two TDs receiving and 3 TDs rushung....

Anyway, he is now 1st in Heisman and oh by the way he starts at CB too!!!!

I might buy Madden only so I can export his draft class and play him for the Vikings.... He plays CB, both safeties, nickel, RB, WR, and QB. What a stud...

I just beat Virginia 42-0 to go to 2-0 in my boy's senior season...

im playin regular mode, not heisman but i have just went 9-2 with OSU this was for football 2006, i dont have 2007.. last season, i lost to texas and penn state, two close games.. then this season i am now 3-1, coming off a heartbreaker to texas (my walk on kicker slotted 3 field goals and the one that put us ahead 30-27 with 50 seconds left) then the texas return man brought back the kickoff all the way and they went on to win 34-30, doesnt help pittman fumbled on the 1 yard line, we could have iced it!!

then in the next game against cincy, troy smith broke his ankle on a qb draw and he's out for the rest of the season, but may be back for the bowl game.. if i want him to play that one. good thing i signed a very good dual threat (number 1 rated) prospect at QB, he's now filling in for TS and led the bucks to a huge 51-17 win over rivals penn state!

also coming through my ranks are a ATH QB who runs a 4.4 40 and has A+ arm strength and accuracy, he's redshirting this year so he should get 1 year of play in once my current QB graduates.

Lookin Good!!

Stop living in the past.

I've won my First Hiesman yesterday, in my Senior season (Runner Up twice in a row in my Somophore and Junior seasons).

91 catches 1674 Yards 14 Touchdowns.

Latest posts