• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New blog

lucky number 7

International
Country Flag
Christmas Island
Club or Nation
Leinster
Hi guys just decided lately that I am going to blog up about my club sides progress over the coming season

having been the almost there team since we were young lads at u 8s we have always come close but never won a winners medal...although the silvers are piling up in my bedroom ...:(

all that said this year we are going to have our best team ever and we will be seriously pushing for the leinster premier league.

as its our last year togheter at underage i want to blog to have something to remember the lads by aswell as my first winners medal :)

Heres the link to the blog anyways will probably post here too

http://rugbyseason.blogspot.com/2010/07/welcome.html

how do i add it to my wordpress blogroll (thats a word you don't what to spell wrong)

To be honest i have no idea how to do it....im tottally new to the whole blogging thing but going to do my best to make this interesting

cheers for the support lads will be puttig up match reports ,a few videos and thinking of doing some type of player profile or something for the laugh :p

any other ideas on how to improve it over the coming months would be much appreciated

Well our first session went ahead today and was a resounding success for our U 19s team

With the our training mixed in with the senior teams we originally thought we might be a wee bit out of our depth but this was not to be ,with 20 u19s to 10 first team .

well the session was based around fitneess work with us doing 3km in sprints via this method..

4 lengths of pitch non stop x 4
3 lengths of pitch non stop x 3
2 lengths of pitch non stop x 2
1 length of pitch non stop x 1

Then we ran a 4 attackers Vs 2 defenders drill with varied success with a few new lads showing a good bit of promise..

Then some shuttle runs and bag drills to wear u out further

To finish with a massive game of tag any mistakes..pushups

Alot of the seniors struggled as they booze it up on the summer but with myself and 3 others playing provincial over the summer and most of our other lads playing GAA we were at the top of every sprint for the most part .

What we can take from this session is that we are all fit and ready for the new season and with new focus on our defensive alignment and attacking formation we should hit the ground running come september.

we will be training next wednesday and entering a team in a sevens tournament on friday week...lots in store watch this space

Long due post has been put up...not much happening really in preseason but should pick up better within 2 weeks

I have a blog also. Check it if you have some time. Seems like a good read.
It has weekly posts regarding Trends and Road to NZ 2011.

Remaining days I try to give some current news of ongoing tournament. Also you will find previews and reviews.

http://rugbycrash.blogspot.com

Hammered greystones U19s today will have match report and opinions up soon hopefully

Latest posts