• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

This is the one that comes up for USA.
usa-shirt.gif

These are made by Kooga. They are fairly similar to the Canadian ones from Barbarian. I haven't heard if these will be the actual ones we see on the field.
Japan:
japan-rwc-home.jpg

Ireland Home:
ireland-home-rwc-test-07.jpg

Ireland Away:
ireland-away-rwc-07.jpg

Scotland Home:
scotland-RWC-test.jpg

Scotland Away:
scotland-rwc-07-rep-away.jpg

I didn't think i'd be saying this about the new Wales kit, but my initial thoughts are: -

I don't like it.

I'm not sure.
Too red maybe? I gotta say that has to be a terrible reason given that its a welsh top.

Then again, i wasn't a huge fan of the ozzy jersey until i saw it in work the other day.
I'm actually quite fond of it now.

I like it, it screams of a Welsh shirt, bold, red, and traditional. None of those fancy patterns.

<div class='quotemain'>
Looks like a deceptacon logo.
[/b]

hahaha, i was going to say that it reminded me of transformers [/b][/quote]

The design is in fact a traditional Samoan tatoo called the pe'a and it is the top half of the tattoo, it is the same one Lome Fa'atau has and extends from above the hips to just above the knees. Real nice tattoo, but it's bloody painful to have done.
Decepticon logo, pfffft. :blink:

Pity the Welsh kits are all tight tops :(

But i like it! [/b]

thought i'd read something on the wru site, saying there will be two position-specific tops: loose and tight :)

I don't love the jersey. It is good, but it lacks anything new. Too bland for me. I have always liked the embossed graphics on shirts, the samoa one is a great example.. you could add something like that and it'd be different but not radical like CCC's new spacesuits.

I didn't think i'd be saying this about the new Wales kit, but my initial thoughts are: -

I don't like it.
[/b]

Better than those ghastly green and white monstrosities that the WRU insisted on during RWC 2003.

I am now officially concerned by the fact I quite like the look of the Scotland away kit. :eek:

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if kit sales took a huge fall - because pretty much everyone of these tops is crap. If wasn't world cup year I wouldn't bet on any being sold.

'r 2007 Cymraeg Byd Chwpan Chrys

t_958_01.jpg

[/b]

It’s awful, but better than the black one which seems to be the alternate WC shirt. Why oh why can’t we ever have a green one any more?!!!

The green one was foul. Absolutely foul. Like Liverpool FC 1994 away strip foul. Not even Ian Rush would wear the Welsh RWC 2003 alternative jersey...it was that crap.

For god sakes guys! Its a red shirt! We've spent the last 4 years praising New Zealand for keeping their jersey simple and when Wales go and do the same thing suddenly its "awful" and "too red"?! Jesus! Do you realise just how many people I would kill just to get someone to do a simple, plain white jersey for England?! Yes! Exactly! Twenty seven!

Some people just don't realise what they have until its gone *tch* :p

Plain white for England? Booooooring - I'd have to wear my own sash if they took that one off the shirt!

:p

has anyone seen an argentinian jersey?they always have good ones. i like the wales jerseys but they need to stop having them made by reebok who dont really have a clue

Latest posts