• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

no, i think they are all pretty rubbish. nz is pretty good but i dont think you can mess that one up. and samoa look decent but the rest are pretty diabolical.

nz is pretty good but i dont think you can mess that one up[/b]

Why Mr. Holmes, how are you? :p
[/b]

"very, very witty wilde."

anyway,
well, youd think it would be hard to mess up most of the others would you not?
look at the kits of the 1900s through to the 80s seem to set a general guideline
for colour, you slap your companies logo and the world cup badge, add a stripe on
the arm and a flash of colour at the top of the socks and your away.

now the miss england and miss france teams have sashes and ireland, scotland, aus and sa look
like theyve stepped out of tron.

Agreed, there are only 2 styles that should be acceptable for Internationals kits; Plain (with or without Flashes) or Hoops. Everyone now looks like they're wearing the uniforms for the Fifa transexual awards dinner.

now the miss england and miss france teams have sashes and ireland, scotland, aus and sa look
like theyve stepped out of tron.

[/b]

:lol2tn:

I've been wondering what it was that the new kits reminded me off

tron-2.jpg

Well 1st post

Anyway....

What the heck is with these canterbury Jerseys??? :vomit:

The Wallabies look woeful. What was wrong with the old one. Nothing wrong with a bit of tradition...

:%#%#: Rant over

the springbok, aussie and irish jerseys al luk the same from wad ive seen :S jus diff colour! y cant every1 jus keep it simple like the ABs

the springbok, aussie and irish jerseys al luk the same from wad ive seen :S jus diff colour! y cant every1 jus keep it simple like the ABs
[/b]

Ours were simple. Green and gold with the southern cross. :rahh:

New Scotland kit:

newkit_0708_anim.gif

Can't say I'm a huge fan.

:huh:

Sorry about the animated picture. It was only released today and that's the only picture I could find.

Have to see, having disliked the England WC kit from the moment I saw pictures of it online, I was shown it first hand for the first time in a shop today, and it actually looks quite good. :)

What happened to the classic Rugby shirt? Where are the collars...or am I just being stupid...can someone please explain to me why these jerseys don't have a collar

What happened to the classic Rugby shirt? Where are the collars...or am I just being stupid...can someone please explain to me why these jerseys don't have a collar [/b]

Maybe because it's part of that design culture. Out goes the old and in with the new. Time goes on. :)

What happened to the classic Rugby shirt? Where are the collars...or am I just being stupid...can someone please explain to me why these jerseys don't have a collar [/b]

I think also practicality too. some players prefer it. the fans jerseys have collars though; do you believe that the version with the collar looks better?
product_maxzoom.aspx

[sarcasm] Yeah it's a real problem... mean the number of times I walk past someone and judge them for not having a collar. I guess its alright though if they are wearing one of those sharpish Irish, SA, English tops. [/sarcasm]

Substitute, you could not be more right, I spit on all T-shirt wearers!

Oh, wait...

<_<

Canterbury are a quality company becuase they will provide alternatives to these test jerseys.
The classical supporters jerseys they makes are 100% cotton with a collar - like how so many people still like their rugby jerseys.
And they are cheaper than the test jersey.
Canterbury have a really good ploy actually in the fact that they release 3 different types of jerseys for all nations/clubs.

Latest posts