• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

<div class='quotemain'> The Silver one looks ghey, the old school white Jersey always looked better.

In the Games between Scotland and All Blacks the home time always wore the White Jersey while the away team wore their dark coloured jersey. In nuetral i'm not sure who gets to choose, but when we played them in the 1995 World Cup from memory the All Blacks wore the white. [/b]
Didn't Scotland wair orange? [/b][/quote]

Scotland wore orange in the 99 RWC, not the 95 one.

After having seen the Australian kit on the EA video, I was a little disappointed. But now, this photo - the jersey looks superb!!

I'm not too sure how I feel about the new Wallabies jersey. I think it will grow on me, but there is no way I'll be buying a replica. They look alright on the players (I'm not too keen on the wave pattern of gripping on the front, looks too much like they are wearing bras) but on the average spectator it looks crap. The ARU aren't going to be making to much dough out of it. I'll stick with my ladies World Cup 03 jersey for now.

0,,5536210,00.jpg
0,,5536334,00.jpg

0,,5536337,00.jpg
0,,5536340,00.jpg

about the new france and england jerseys....

this is a quote from nike-

"The players think a curved line will create more doubt for the defender than do straight lines"

:huh: either the players are stupid or nike are trying to defend their mistake!!

personally i like the jerseys but i know of a lot of people that dont!!

I'm not too sure how I feel about the new Wallabies jersey. I think it will grow on me, but there is no way I'll be buying a replica. They look alright on the players (I'm not too keen on the wave pattern of gripping on the front, looks too much like they are wearing bras) but on the average spectator it looks crap. The ARU aren't going to be making to much dough out of it. I'll stick with my ladies World Cup 03 jersey for now.

0,,5536210,00.jpg
0,,5536334,00.jpg

0,,5536337,00.jpg
0,,5536340,00.jpg
[/b]

Ouch... I thought the new England kit was bad.

Elle claque la nouvelle tenue du XV de France mais il manque un peu de rouge, dommage ...

I think the Wallabies' jersey looks stupid. I think that even on buff players like Gregan it looks pretty daft! Whatever happened to straight lines and simple designs? :wall:

How come the Canterburry shirts have no sponsers? And also, Irelands is more or less exactly the same as Auzzies just green

How come the Canterburry shirts have no sponsers? And also, Irelands is more or less exactly the same as Auzzies just green [/b]

Because World Cup Shirts Aren't allowed any Sponsors

And also, Irelands is more or less exactly the same as Auzzies just green [/b]

Thats because they're made by the same guys...Cantebury.

Its like how France's strip is the same as England's only..blue.

Also the new Aussie strip continues Australia's fine tradition of being the official fashion disaster of World Rugby. It looks absolutely awful, if it grows on me, it'll grow like slimy mildew and I'll have to wash it off.

I must admit there are a lot of unneccessary lines that just don't seem to actually do anything at all for the look or the design.

I think the SA (and probably ireland's similar) will look better.

Englands jersey isn't too bad, wont have to see it for very long i'm guessing just for the group stages ;-0

<div class='quotemain'> And also, Irelands is more or less exactly the same as Auzzies just green [/b]

Thats because they're made by the same guys...Cantebury.
[/b][/quote]

I was gonna say that too but adding a bit more by saying that it is that brand company's best and latest new design. :D

Their "best and latest design"?!

Who the hell are their focus groups for these 'designs'? Aussie sheep farmers and the IRA?! Because these jerseys look absolutely godawful.

Their "best and latest design"?!

Who the hell are their focus groups for these 'designs'? Aussie sheep farmers and the IRA?! Because these jerseys look absolutely godawful. [/b]

I do agree that the look of it is not satisfyingly pleasing but I was leaning more towards wlshby09's statement to why the Wallabies' jerseys were "more or less exactly the same" as Ireland's. Obviously the brand company's "best" idea is this outcome and it is their latest design to be shared among all teams under their list.

Latest posts