• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

Ireland's is truly disgusting.. Scotland and Wales' are that great either though. Mind you, will only be seeing those last two for 3 games, so doesnt matter too much :rolleyes:

Ireland's is truly disgusting.. Scotland and Wales' are that great either though. Mind you, will only be seeing those last two for 3 games, so doesnt matter too much :rolleyes: [/b]
Are they changing kit suppliers post RWC?

The Welsh top is available in two sizes, one for the backs & one for the Hair bear brothers.

_44006939_new_kit5_220.jpg

Both loose & tight fitting shirts

_44006886_new_kit3_416.jpg

Jenkins is wondering where his tight fitting shirt is.

Think countries should each have their unique kits, add more interest.
[/b]

No doubt. They all look the same, which each supplier having a stock design and simply changing the colour and badge. Football has the same problem.

the allblacks kit is probably just as tight fitting as the welsh kit

theyre very similar except the welsh having the small sliver of white by the top plus they dont have the collar like the ab's kit does

if it did they'd be carbon copies of one another, same tightness etc.

The Welsh top is available in two sizes, one for the backs & one for the Hair bear brothers.

Jenkins is wondering where his tight fitting shirt is. [/b]
I liked the kit you wore in the 6 Nations....
t_723_01.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
I hope canterbury change up a bit. . . I'd like to see ireland in something cooler.
[/b]

I love the Canterbury jersey's...real old traditional shirts. Not sure if they soak up too much sweat to be comfortable to play in though. Always thought the Adidas British Lions style are pretty cool. [/b][/quote]

Have you seen the new Scotland canterbury jersey? The traditional style is out there too. I hate the way they try and make these new looks for International Kits. Should an international shirt not be something more classic. I think new zealand get it right where they show a bit of respect for the history of the shirt and try not to tarnish it with trashy flashes and contrasting colours.

The welsh shouldn't spend so much money on the kits because they can't afford any boots! Why white socks? Just looks naff.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
I hope canterbury change up a bit. . . I'd like to see ireland in something cooler.
[/b]

I love the Canterbury jersey's...real old traditional shirts. Not sure if they soak up too much sweat to be comfortable to play in though. Always thought the Adidas British Lions style are pretty cool. [/b][/quote]

Have you seen the new Scotland canterbury jersey? The traditional style is out there too. I hate the way they try and make these new looks for International Kits. Should an international shirt not be something more classic. I think new zealand get it right where they show a bit of respect for the history of the shirt and try not to tarnish it with trashy flashes and contrasting colours.

The welsh shouldn't spend so much money on the kits because they can't afford any boots! Why white socks? Just looks naff.

[/b][/quote]

The South African kit doesn't look to bad :) except for the kit of the props. I don't really like the idea of a short and long sleeve :(

I wouldnt like to see flashy jersey's introduced with colours and patterns all over the place. To add a bit more flair to jerseys, id like to see the number style changed. Maybe do it in the style that Nike did a few years back with its 'Total 90' range with the number in a circle on the front of the jersey. Maybe the name of the player on the back of the jersey as well could make them more appealing.

all the new kits don't impress me... the material is all this clingy and I don't see how the kit can improve your game as a player.

B)--><div class='quotemain'> all the new kits don't impress me... the material is all this clingy and I don't see how the kit can improve your game as a player. [/quote]

I don't mind the look of them, I take it for granted that I would look like a beehive in one. Anyone know what the supporters version of the Welsh one will look like?

I can't get over the feeling the tight, non-stick shirts are a form of cheating. If the IRB isn't considering a ruling on them, it really should.

Latest posts