• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

That French jersey is butt-ugly. Looking at that crap, I think I'm beginning to like Stade Francais's jersey..
[/b]

The Pink one or the one with flowers? 'cause I think that they're both kinda funny.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I hope canterbury change up a bit. . . I'd like to see ireland in something cooler.
[/b]

Wait...cooler as in what?
Heat or Looks?
I'm never sure when you Americans use your "hip lingo".
Fo Show!
[/b][/quote]
Oh, Snap!
Excuse me for my momentary lapse into Ultra-American phrasery. By "Cool" I mean hip, fresh, down with tha homies. Does that translate any better?
[/b][/quote]

Then you better recognise, my brother! (that doens't work with a welsh accent)
Canterbury have some of the niceest ranges out there!
There is no nicer jersey than the Ireland Test jersey,
The is no nicer training range than that of the Irish, or Cardiff or SA or the Wallabies.
Canterbury Clothing Company ARE the best rugby make out there.

I just want to see the Ireland, Scotland, Australian, and South African teams look like they have different kit. Not just a paint by numbers sort of thing. I like kit being uniqe to the team (more than just color).
I don't have any complaints with the kit itself...it does look nice...it's just shared by several teams.

As far as I know.. there might be a new deal with the Irish jersey, it could be NIKE that take it up for next year? i heard... i know leinster and Munster will be using Nike and Adidas next reason, respectively. (I could be wrong.)

Munster will be using Adidas next year. Got this info straight from the Munster store in Limerick :p

Will France's new colour (almost entirely black) be established forever or is it just for the World Cup?

What's next? :lol: will the France Soccer team try and match exactly the same colour of the Italians? (Actually they're pretty close but not exactly)

Are the nZers so arrogant that they actually think the French are doing this to spite them?
Shame on you...

Won't NZ be wearing their silver strip against Scotland?

So when exactly do NZ wear their silver strip? I always thought their 2nd strip was white, must've been a new change?

If its on a neutral ground, who gets to wear their normal colors?

Why did France change their colors? Was it something to do with technology? Did it improve their sight or something so they could see their players? What?

The Silver one looks ghey, the old school white Jersey always looked better.

In the Games between Scotland and All Blacks the home time always wore the White Jersey while the away team wore their dark coloured jersey. In nuetral i'm not sure who gets to choose, but when we played them in the 1995 World Cup from memory the All Blacks wore the white.

Are the nZers so arrogant that they actually think the French are doing this to spite them?
Shame on you...
[/b]

Nah we're not hurt. But the French or Nike, whoever it is, have taken this action on purpose for psychological advantage over the All Blacks. So obviously they intended to do this.

But I have no problem with the All Blacks wearing their grey/silver outfit.

Nah we're not hurt. But the French or Nike, whoever it is, have taken this action on purpose for psychological advantage over the All Blacks. So obviously they intended to do this.

[/b]

Oh stop being precious...we all let you do your little morris dance don't we?

We can't just rope off all dark colours just for fear of offending you.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Oh stop being precious...we all let you do your little morris dance don't we?

We can't just rope off all dark colours just for fear of offending you.
[/b][/quote]

This is nothing to do with fear. They (French or Nike) intended to change the French colour shirt for psychological advantage and force the All Blacks to wear their grey/silver shirts. That's all, no big deal.

This is nothing to do with fear. They (French or Nike) intended to change the French colour shirt for psychological advantage and force the All Blacks to wear their grey/silver shirts. That's all, no big deal.
[/b]

And that's what Nike or the French have said is it? Or is it just what the media down there are churning out to make a story out of not a heck of a lot.

From the outside it just looks petulant.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

And that's what Nike or the French have said is it? Or is it just what the media down there are churning out to make a story out of not a heck of a lot.

[/b][/quote]

The French Federation heads already said they made them darker to sell more replicas, light blue isn't fashionable enough it seems.

It leads to a lot of talk on french rugby message boards about how we sold our national identity to nike and how rugby is only about money, etc.

BTW, It's not black but dark blue.

medium_1174317467.jpg

medium_1174315279.jpg

I can barely see what they're wearing in the first picture!

Originally posted by Welly
Nah we're not hurt. But...

God! There is always a caveat with you guys!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thanks RBS, that's exactly what i was getting at.

Thanks RBS, that's exactly what i was getting at.
[/b]

I can see it now

"Jacque...'ow can we 'ope to stop zee mighty Allblacks. Zey are more like...errr 'ow you say? Ze superhuman rugby behemoths, no? We barely feel worzy of playing dans le same field as zem."

"Courage mon ami, courage...should we work on getting zee stronger pack or zee queek backs? Keeking or zee ranning game?"

"Zuet alors...I 'ave eet! We weel wear zee darker bleu....zees allblacks will zen 'ave to wear their ozzer keet"

"Sacre bleu! Eet is so simple....we weel do zis purely out of le spite et les disrespect"

"Ah ha....also whilst we are zer we will say zat zee Lord of le Rings feelms are not actually zat good!"

".....mon Dieu! Vous est une Genius! We could let eet be known zat we theenk bungy jumping, jet boating, zorbing et les other extreme sports are not zat impressive and in fact just for zee boring university students on zee gap years"

(apologies to any French readers....it is merely a parody of how the New Zealanders seem to think that meeting went)

Latest posts