• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits for the World Cup

<div class='quotemain'>
I can see it now

"Jacque...'ow can we 'ope to stop zee mighty Allblacks. Zey are more like...errr 'ow you say? Ze superhuman rugby behemoths, no? We barely feel worzy of playing dans le same field as zem."

"Courage mon ami, courage...should we work on getting zee stronger pack or zee queek backs? Keeking or zee ranning game?"

"Zuet alors...I 'ave eet! We weel wear zee darker bleu....zees allblacks will zen 'ave to wear their ozzer keet"

"Sacre bleu! Eet is so simple....we weel do zis purely out of le spite et les disrespect"

"Ah ha....also whilst we are zer we will say zat zee Lord of le Rings feelms are not actually zat good!"

".....mon Dieu! Vous est une Genius! We could let eet be known zat we theenk bungy jumping, jet boating, zorbing et les other extreme sports are not zat impressive and in fact just for zee boring university students on zee gap years"

(apologies to any French readers....it is merely a parody of how the New Zealanders seem to think that meeting went)
[/b]

:lol:
[/b][/quote]

Humour through racial stereotypes... :blush::blush::blush: ;)

Humour through racial stereotypes... :blush::blush::blush: ;)
[/b]

Insulting the French and NZers...racial stereotypes are both humorous and effective by the looks of things.

DISCLAIMER: Although i do not condone any sort of discrimination.

New England Kit

74154383.jpg

74153744.jpg

74153685.jpg

Oh dear... What were they thinking.

I'll proberbly warm to them, but I'm certainly not keen right now.

What happened to those Gridiron-style shorts they were trialling a while ago?
[/b]
Thank God we don't have to endure that...it's like those Aussie basketball unitards.

hmm another t-shirt style jersey without any kind of decent collar - at least we haven't gone for those sleeveless aussie ruler jerseys yet, although they have surfaced as training gear in Oz...

hmm another t-shirt style jersey without any kind of decent collar - at least we haven't gone for those sleeveless aussie ruler jerseys yet, although they have surfaced as training gear in Oz...
[/b]

Pedantic note : A sleaveless jersey is a called guernsey.

i'm afraid your allegation cannot be confirmed by Webster's American College Dictionary....

guernsey, my good man, is a british crown dependency off the coast of normandy and an island in the collective known as the channel islands, not an utterence refering to any australian sleeveless jumpers old sport...

i'm afraid your allegation cannot be confirmed by Webster's American College Dictionary....

guernsey, my good man, is a british crown dependency off the coast of normandy and an island in the collective known as the channel islands, not an utterence refering to any australian sleeveless jumpers old sport...
[/b]

Well bin your substandard dictionary, sir, for guernsey is the correct term....it was what the locals called it when I was down here and google and wikipedia agree with me.

sub-standard! the cheek of it, pitting wikipedia against a flawless american dictionary, what...then again there may be some substance in your revelations concerning the garment

sub-standard! the cheek of it, pitting wikipedia against a flawless american dictionary, what...then again there may be some substance in your revelations concerning the garment
[/b]

flawless....pah! When I checked it it had left the letter u out of colour and spelt gaol phonetically. Furthermore to this it made some wild phonetic guess at the pronunciation of Lieutenant.

Trust me on the guernsey thing though. I was in an Aussie sports store pondering over whether to buy an Essendon shirt...I check the label of a neighbouring Western Bulldogs shirt and some wag had scribbled "Note : This guernsey is worth more than the team".

New England Kit

74154383.jpg

74153744.jpg

74153685.jpg

[/b]

Ok, i'm gonna say it again, and i know i'm in the minority, but i really like this kit.

I know Reebok are gonna do a tight fit jersey for wales as well, i hope they make it look this good.

We've got a tight fit jersey (along with the other regular ones) with a predicted release date of August.

englands WC jersey reminds me of a flight attendants jersey! not that i own one!hehe

Latest posts