2. Chuter.
3. Stevens/Vickery.
4. Shaw.
5. Borthwick.
6. Moody.
7. Narraway.
8. Haskell.

9. Ellis.
10. Wilkinson. (Cipriani is still a bit raw).
11. Vanikolo. (England need to actually give him the ball though).
12. Flood.
13. Noon. (Without Tindall we need a bit of grit, power and tackling in the midfield).
14. Sackey. Simpson-Daniel (Strettle if he can stay fit).
15. Tait. (With experience he could really grow to be a very good 15).

england must keep j. wilkinson to have a beautiful play, sackey and flood are good players but less than ben cohen :bana:

Strettle and tait should noy be in the team [/b]

Are you kidding? Strettle and Tait are 2 of the only backs to have featured in the tournament for England so far who should be there.

I'd select the following XV for the France match (I know it's already been named):

1: Sheridan
2: Chuter
3: Stevens
4: Shaw
5: Borthwick
6: Haskell
7: Moody
8: Narraway

9: Wigglesworth
10: Wilkinson
11: Balshaw
12: Flood
13: Noon
14: Sackey
15: Tait

My England team would be;

1.Stevens
2.Hartley
3.Sheridan
4.Shaw
5.??
6.Croft
7.Rees
8.Haskell

9. Ellis
10. Cipriani
11.Strettle
12.Flood
13.Noon
14.Sackey
15.Tait

Im not great on 2nd rows...I think the Flood, Noon Tait combo works well as they play week in week out together and know each other's game not only that but they are all very good players!

1. Sheridan
2. Mears/ Chuter
3. Vickery/ Stevens
4. Shaw
5. Borthwick
6. Croft/Moody
7. Haskell
8. Narraway

9. Wigglesworth/Care (maybe not yet, but in the next year or so)
10. Cipriani
11. Strettle
12. Flood
13. Noon
14. Sackey/Simpsondaniel
15. Tait

I might put Tait at outside centre, but I'm not sure who would go fullback then...

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Vickery
4. Borthwick
5. Kay
6. Worsley
7. Rees
8. Corry
9. Gomarsall
10. Barkley
11. Vainikolo
12. Flood
13. Noon
14. Sackey
15. Lewsey

1. Sheridan
2. Mears
3. Vickery (captain)
4. Shaw
5. Kay
6. Moody
7. Rees
8. Dallaglio
9. Ellis
10. Wilkinson
11. Strettle ( I don't like Vainikolo)
12. Flood
13. Noon
14. Simpson-Daniel
15. Robinson

1 - Andrew Sheridan (Sale)

2 - Dylan Hartley (Northampton)

3 - Matt Stevens (Bath)

4 - George Skivington (London Wasps)

5 - Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers)

6 - James Haskell (London Wasps)

7 - Tom Rees (London Wasps)

8 - Jordan Crane (Leicester Tigers)

9 - Danny Care (NEC Harlequins)

10 - Danny Cipriani (London Wasps)

11 - Matthew Banahan (Bath) / Tom Varndell (Leciester Tigers)

12 - Shane Geraghty (London Irish)

13 - Ryan Lamb (Gloucester)

14 - James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester)

15 - Mathew Tait (Newcastle)

That's a seriously lightweight three quarter line there Gavin. I know Cipriani, Geraghty and Lamb are talented players, but they'd get steamrollered by the likes of Henson/Shanklin or D'arcy/O'Driscoll.

Not sure if others agree, but I always think one of the centres needs to be able to take a crash ball.

That's a seriously lightweight three quarter line there Gavin. I know Cipriani, Geraghty and Lamb are talented players, but they'd get steamrollered by the likes of Henson/Shanklin or D'arcy/O'Driscoll.

Not sure if others agree, but I always think one of the centres needs to be able to take a crash ball.
[/b]

oh completely. Thats why Greenwood and Tindall worked so well together back in the day.

my team:

1.Sheriden
2. Mears
3. Stevens
4. Borthwick
5. Kay
6. Haskell
7. Rees
8. Narrway

9. Care
10. Cipriani
11. Strettle if fit, if not Sackey
12. Flood
13. Geraghty
14. Simpson Daniel
15. Tait

Not sure if others agree, but I always think one of the centres needs to be able to take a crash ball. [/b]

Yes you are completely right that my three-quater line is lightweight, but remember these guys are young, they still have years to bulk up. Look at Tody Flood, he wasn't one of the biggest players around but he has built himself up and can now compete against harsher back-lines. Perhaps instead of Ryan Lamb it would have been more sensible of me to put Tody Flood or Jamie Noon in the 13 position and bring Lamb on after 60 - 70 minutes, but I just feel that that three-quater line ooozzzesss class and with a few more pounds on them it could work.

Teh Mite, you would know i guess being a Saints fan.. how good are Ashton and Hartley? England quality?

Hartley, definately. There's not another hooker in the northern hemisphere that can hold a candle to him. In fact, I think only Smit is a better worldwide.

Ashton is work in progress but he will be the best winger in the country eventually (and one of the best in the world). He's easily the fastest in England right now, proberbly has the best sidestep also and has a great vision. A lot of which I think is coming from Spencer mentoring him, he's definately becoming "Carlosish";
Master;
227739756_qSJfB-M.jpg

Apprentice;
99_0_1206374168.jpg

1 Sheridan

2 Hartley

3 Vickery

4 Shaw

5 Borthwick

6 Haskell

7 Worsley

8 Narraway

9 Wigglesworth

10 Cipriani

11 Strettle

12 Flood

13 Noon

14 Sackey

15 Tait

I wish strettle hadn't hurt himself at the start of the six nations because he offers so much to the england team reminds me of shane williams he just has that explosive/shifty pace and he is very unpredictable

Latest posts