New-look MTV back for fans

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by woosaah, Aug 2, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3751145a1860,00.html

personally i think having 3 dedicated music chanels is enough. now its 4 o_O

i probably wont watch it, mainly cause i cant find the remote and it takes a while to get that far buy pushing the button 34 times (or whatever it is)

oh well good luck to em!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I was looking through the Skywatch, and from what I can tell the only time they actually play Music is between 1am to 6am, the rest of it is just those shitty shows they have like Punked and Laguna Beach.

And whats it to you if they have 4 Music Channels? If that worries you, I hope that you don't ever move to Australia and get Foxtel, you'd probably have a mild heart attack.

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i didnt say it worries me i just thought it was a bit over kill

5. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

i hear that in america they hardly ever play music on MTV.

i hope it doesnt end out the same here. it will be good if its used to promote new NZ bands because there is a lot of potential out there.

6. Ripper

Ripper Guest

By International Standards it's Stone Age.

7. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

i dont have sky so i dont read skywatch...thats just sad if i did

8. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Same goes for Aussie MTV

Only time they play music is .... really late at night/early in the morning, TRL/aussie TRL = where they play **** music and cut half the song off with 13 year olds shout outs ,1 song in between shows like Wildboyz,Viva la Bam,Punked..etc. and the odd top 20 count down.

Channel [V] > MTV ... for music.

9. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Channel V was awesome.

They still have Maynard or whatever his name was hosting that show on Friday nights?

10. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

man thats pretty stink. i dont really see the point of having a music channel that hardly plays music.

its pretty obvious that this new MTV channel will be aimed at the younger people like the 12-17 year olds with all the MTV cribs and laguna beach etc

11. ALT TV > all else.

12. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Nah he's gone, so has Jabba..... quite a few of the old hosts have moved on.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!