• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New move to drop the Springbok

Good luck Mossel, I have heard of several expats who are leading fruitfull, happy lives in the land of the long white cloud.[/b]

Greg Rawlinson made it to the All Blacks, Clyde Rathbone made the Wallabies...

Come on over folks. Aussies need more props while we need more.........hhhmmm, actually we dont need you guys. :p

We need their props, and maybe a few of their backs. Our coaching staff would do wonders.

Better than a soft English Rose!! HAR HAR HAR!!

:bleh!:

[/b]

You sir, are an absolute imbecile. Thank you ever so much for taking this subject so seriously, why, I would have thought with such tact and mastery of conversation, you would have been at the forefront of efforts to establish world peace.

Ponce.

F*** usless Goverment!!! There is so much **** in that country which needs some urgent attention (erm.. crime, uneployment etc...) Why the F*** do they want talk about rugby emblems for???

TALK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G5bXsF2qQs <---SHOCKING! [/b]
Charles Nqakula is a Moron. How has he not been disposed? What a freakin' retarded comment.

51 murders a day, 151 rapes and 347 robberies but look on the bright side?

I can't believe what I just saw, I am furious and deeply saddened for those who have to get on with it. I have left my country for the simple reason that I wanted to travel, I've been away for more than 5 years, the more I see this kind of crap the more I get the feeling I will not return to make a living there again.

51 murders a day, 151 rapes and 347 robberies but look on the bright side?

I can't believe what I just saw, I am furious and deeply saddened for those who have to get on with it. I have left my country for the simple reason that I wanted to travel, I've been away for more than 5 years, the more I see this kind of crap the more I get the feeling I will not return to make a living there again. [/b]

I hear what you`re saying mate, but realy, what you are seeing in the press is NOT the true picture of the way things are at home, seriously.

Sure, there is a massive problem with crime in general in SA, yet I leave my home unlocked when the family goes away to the family farm for a weekend of hunting. The thing is, if you go to the crime capitals of SA, the Hillbrows and Yeovilles of Jo`burg, inhabited by 1,000,00`s of illegal Nigerian druglords, sure crime is high, but that really ain`t the way things are all over here.

Sue, Charles Nqakula is an absolute idiot, but that statement was made almost a year ago. He`s since distanced himself from it, and this was due to some serious pressure applied by the president, Thabo Mbeki. Once again just an example of sensationalist reporting.

For the record, as a qualified pharmacist, I`ve been offered numerous positions abroad, in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, yet I still choose to live right here, in this so-called "crime infested" country, with my wife and 2 small kids. Do I believe that there`ll be a future for my kids in SA, even though they`re white? Hell yeah, otherwise I`d have been on the 1st plane over to the States ayeons ago, especially considering the type of money they`re offering over there- like 10 times what I`m earning over here.

Sure, there are many greater problems than sporting symbols facing us over here in SA, I fully agree with that. And for me, the Boks will always be my beloved Boks, no matter what the politicians decide, but this crazy, confused, magnificent and beautiful country that is SA offers the type of lifestyle for us average income-earners that only the rich and famous can hope for overseas. This country gave birth to me, and I`ll love and cherish it `till the day I die. And yes, if you`re willing to put in the effort over here, this country could still be great.

<div class='quotemain'> 51 murders a day, 151 rapes and 347 robberies but look on the bright side?

I can't believe what I just saw, I am furious and deeply saddened for those who have to get on with it. I have left my country for the simple reason that I wanted to travel, I've been away for more than 5 years, the more I see this kind of crap the more I get the feeling I will not return to make a living there again. [/b]

I hear what you`re saying mate, but realy, what you are seeing in the press is NOT the true picture of the way things are at home, seriously.

Sure, there is a massive problem with crime in general in SA, yet I leave my home unlocked when the family goes away to the family farm for a weekend of hunting. The thing is, if you go to the crime capitals of SA, the Hillbrows and Yeovilles of Jo`burg, inhabited by 1,000,00`s of illegal Nigerian druglords, sure crime is high, but that really ain`t the way things are all over here.

Sue, Charles Nqakula is an absolute idiot, but that statement was made almost a year ago. He`s since distanced himself from it, and this was due to some serious pressure applied by the president, Thabo Mbeki. Once again just an example of sensationalist reporting.

For the record, as a qualified pharmacist, I`ve been offered numerous positions abroad, in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, yet I still choose to live right here, in this so-called "crime infested" country, with my wife and 2 small kids. Do I believe that there`ll be a future for my kids in SA, even though they`re white? Hell yeah, otherwise I`d have been on the 1st plane over to the States ayeons ago, especially considering the type of money they`re offering over there- like 10 times what I`m earning over here.

Sure, there are many greater problems than sporting symbols facing us over here in SA, I fully agree with that. And for me, the Boks will always be my beloved Boks, no matter what the politicians decide, but this crazy, confused, magnificent and beautiful country that is SA offers the type of lifestyle for us average income-earners that only the rich and famous can hope for overseas. This country gave birth to me, and I`ll love and cherish it `till the day I die. And yes, if you`re willing to put in the effort over here, this country could still be great.

[/b][/quote]
Now that's how you give a f___ing patriotic speach, dammit!
God Bless South Africa.

I'll leave the debate over law & order in South Africa to Bokmagic and QKXV (i.e. the South Africans :D) but I still don't agree with the proposal of dropping of the Springbok.

<div class='quotemain'> 51 murders a day, 151 rapes and 347 robberies but look on the bright side?

[/b][/quote]

Again your eloquent posts gets me right were it matters mate, thanks. Sure the media always gives a distorted indication of what's going on, all I get here is mostly bad news, if it's not media it's the folks or my friends telling me they've become victims of crime. My heart pulls strongly South, I am as patriotic as the next South African. Ultimately I am still going back, my folks are getting older and with no one else to look after them or their properties I've got little option anyway. At times I seriously wonder if it would be the best for my kid though.

Good man yourself QKXV, and cheers for coming back to SA in the future. I honestly believe that we need our skilled people back here in SA, building a brighter future for all. And I do believe that if your children wil put in the effort, they too will be rewarded.

But then again, that`s just the way I see things. I can honestly also understand why so many Saffers feel negative about our country. Hell, just look at what happened to our northern neighbours, Zimbabwe.

But the difference is, Zim`s got an idiot dictator for life running it, who ran the country right out of all of it`s natural resources, screwing over their economy 6-0 in the process. Our other northern neigbours, Namibia, now there`s a whole different story. Still have some family over there- white farmers no less- and they`re enjoying an even better lifestyle than what they had under SA rule before independence. And just like in SA, their economy`s busy growing at a rapid rate.

For those still interested in this topic- no lesser a man than former president Nelson Mandela himself has stepped up to the plate to bat for our beloved Bok, giving his complete support to the Springbok as the emblem of the national rugby team. I may not be Catholic, but my goodness, can`t the Pope canonise Madiba right now? `Cause he`s a living, breathing saint, the saint of Springbok rugby that is. First Pienaar`s no6 jersey at RWC1995 final, then his full backing for our RWC2011 bid, now coming out in full support of the Bok symbol. Might just throw a bit of a spanner in the works of the idiots who came up with this stupid proposal to drop the Springbok in the 1st place.

In other news, Charles Nqakula`s been voted off the ANC executive after his little tirade earlier this year. You know, the one mentioned on this thread earlier. Together with him, several other of the more leftist members of the ruling party. Reading behind the lines, the future is looking better and better over here guys.

Hope the young good players from south africa leave and join the ozzies and nz like some other expats.

For those still interested in this topic- no lesser a man than former president Nelson Mandela himself has stepped up to the plate to bat for our beloved Bok, giving his complete support to the Springbok as the emblem of the national rugby team. I may not be Catholic, but my goodness, can`t the Pope canonise Madiba right now? `Cause he`s a living, breathing saint, the saint of Springbok rugby that is. First Pienaar`s no6 jersey at RWC1995 final, then his full backing for our RWC2011 bid, now coming out in full support of the Bok symbol. Might just throw a bit of a spanner in the works of the idiots who came up with this stupid proposal to drop the Springbok in the 1st place.

In other news, Charles Nqakula`s been voted off the ANC executive after his little tirade earlier this year. You know, the one mentioned on this thread earlier. Together with him, several other of the more leftist members of the ruling party. Reading behind the lines, the future is looking better and better over here guys.

[/b]
Hooray!

the goverment must not interver with rugby and try to change things just because they can get away with it politics and rugby dont mix well

Latest posts