• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

new pics

I certainly haven't seen them - good find! For anyone that cares, the french text is pretty much a direct ttranslation from the hip website.

looks alot better than the other game, i might even give this one a little longer than the previous wrc

Looks bucketloads better than the earlier screenshots. The lights look better than in EA Sports effort. Looks pretty good.

[edit] Who the hell is ANG?

00145304.jpg

Notice how many of the players actually have their heads turned towards the scorer? Makes things look a lot more realistic and, simply, better than many previous rugby games. I really like this screenshot.

00145306.jpg

See the red cone along the ground? Obviously a new kicking system, or just a measure of the length.

00145307.jpg

And, honestly, ANG? Someone explain.

i think the screenshots are from a french version of the game..thats probably why its ANG instead of ENG

its ang..for angry coz englands rating on this game 27 compared to the superior allblacks rating of 176 outta of a 100

Ah, very good.

Yes you must be right, I just saw the 'Avantage joue' screenshot.

...And it's from a french website.

Originally posted by nik@Sep 25 2005, 12:31 PM
in the scrum pic
where is the french backline?
Good point, that looks like a fairly easy try off the back of the scrum methinks.
Standing far toodeep. Stupid French. No wonder they're losing.

Yeah that's a worry, like WCR - the attack and defense had the same structure, they don't come up to the hint most foot

while on the topic i found this... dont know if its new to anyone -

15.jpg

and what appears to the french box art -

12.jpg

I hope it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, only, apart from something fairly superfluous overall such as lighting (lol!), I think it looks poor.

- no jumping (Noooooooooo)
- speed circle (Noooooooooo)

Hell, that alone is deeply, deeply frustrating ( are the very basics of the game not running, passing, kicking, tackling and JUMPING? Then, around that structure, the more particular nuances of the game and its genre are built around it until the final product stands up to the test of time (longevity and gameplay nirvana milky creaminess).

After about an hour of the last game (WCR) I was grubbering through and either regathering for a try EVERY time..OR...soccering ahead for a try (EVERY time) - both hard level. It was for kids and you couldn't create harder teams, ai or opposition (Noooooooooooooooooooooooo).

As far as the web site etc...I'll give the benefit of the doubt there and assume something will go in there eventually. But at the moment.....mmmmmmmm.

On the SH players....do they look like their exact counterparts or close in each team or is it totally random, so that who people actually are is not at all apparent?

Also, I wish to hear no boohooing from the mods re: my stance thus far on the game as the site now bears the advertising banner and thus money has swapped hands...or at the very least some sort of arrangement has been reached and thus neutrality compromised. Thanks.

Again, as I say, with my sports of gaming and watching choice being rugby, rugby league and cricket - OF COURSE I want this game to be awesome. But I sense hope rather than elation at the prospects that this game holds currently (TRF members in the game aside of course - lol!!!)

Let's hope we can hear some more about the GAMEPLAY please....the drums beat.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!

what game!!!

jenny grab my coat we're going to go out and pre oreder this thing!

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 25 2005, 07:58 AM
Also, I wish to hear no boohooing from the mods re: my stance thus far on the game as the site now bears the advertising banner and thus money has swapped hands...or at the very least some sort of arrangement has been reached and thus neutrality compromised. Thanks.
You do realise that the site has had the Swordfish banner for a very long time?

And that you're not the first person to criticise the first game?

These things may come as a shock I know.

Latest posts