• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Rugby Game

B

BlueBulls

Hi Guys,

First off let me say, this is still early stages, very early, so please don't ask for dates etc.

Okay, we have started development on a new Rugby Game. We have been toying with the idea for a while and now finally decided that we are going to do it. Like I said it is very early stages, nothing major to show to you guys yet, but will as soon as there is something you will appreciate :)

Reason I am posting so early is for everyone to be involved from the start. Think of this as a "open source (might not be :) )" Rugby Game, the public creating a game for the public.

The main focus of the project is gameplay and graphics, at the moment we are not concerned with licenses. Player / Team / Stadium names etc. will be generic, BUT once you have the game nothing stops you from changing it, in fact we will make it easy for you to change :)

Again I want to stress that this is early stages, so please do not get your hopes up too high, not yet in anycase. Our aim is for this game to be the best GAME, not just best rugby game, but best GAME.

We are based in South Africa - so finally a rugby game from people that know rugby :) No disrespect to any one!

We will give more details as we progress, but for now we would like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think it is worth it?

We enjoy rugby and would like to create something that resembles it as close as possible.

Cheers for now
Hugo

PS: Maybe we could get our own forum like EA and those other big guys? :)

Right, well sounds good. Expect a big increase in enthusiasm once people see what you've got to show in your first early plans.

So, ready for an avalanche of ideas from TRF'ers?

So whats your game company, do you even have a website? are you an independent? Have you pitched this to any publisher?

What knowledge do you have of creating a game?

Right, well sounds good. Expect a big increase in enthusiasm once people see what you've got to show in your first early plans.

So, ready for an avalanche of ideas from TRF'ers?
[/b]

Yeah, thats fine - like I said, we want people to be involved in the development with us. At least this time they know someone will be listening.....as we are just like the rest of the guys posting here, we also waited for EA Rugby 06 and we also enjoyed it, but we want active development on a ***le like this and as a bonus we enjoy playing the game as well as making it, so whats not to like :)

So whats your game company, do you even have a website? are you an independent? Have you pitched this to any publisher?

What knowledge do you have of creating a game?
[/b]

Don't ask too many questions, rather give some suggestions, everyone has been so good at doing that with EA :)

Yeah, we have a site (not live yet, will post link once there is something good), we have a company, no we haven't pitched to publishers, as the dev is only starting and we do it because we like it, not for any other reason really.....

Will give you guys more info about us and the game later, we want to do our talking on the pitch and then you can decide if we are good enough.

so is this going to be multi-platform? so wut kinda ideas hav u got so far? like i'm pretty sure u've already thought of most things. have u read the rugby07 wishlist thread? that's got plenty of ideas on it!
good luck!!!!

Fair enough but as an owner of this site, I am just a wee bit concerned and not wanting our members to get exploited if you get what I mean... But I am sure your guys will come up the goods, I was just trying to find some background knowledge about you and your setup and experience...

It would help us a great deal, if you could put a profile of each of your team, hoe many are in your team... because remember now-a-days they have teams of 100 working on games and also to see what kind of software you have to your exposure... Also majority of the games now use motion caption... do you have that ability?

Also you have to remember that you will have to get licence's for the official teams and players as well.... all things that you need to consider before you start to develop a game

Fair enough but as an owner of this site, I am just a wee bit concerned and not wanting our members to get exploited if you get what I mean... But I am sure your guys will come up the goods, I was just trying to find some background knowledge about you and your setup and experience...

It would help us a great deal, if you could put a profile of each of your team, hoe many are in your team... because remember now-a-days they have teams of 100 working on games and also to see what kind of software you have to your exposure... Also majority of the games now use motion caption... do you have that ability?

Also you have to remember that you will have to get licence's for the official teams and players as well.... all things that you need to consider before you start to develop a game
[/b]

Ofcourse, I understand - I just wanted to let you guys know, if TRF is interested or not doesn't really make a difference, this is something we would like to do and like I said, once we have something to show we will give more info, no point in explaining for 2 days and then we don't see anything come of it.

Will go into detail of what we use and who we are once the time is right......

I'm so excited i'm ******* blood... or maybe thats becoz of that nasty kidney hit i had...

Interesting.

The problem is, without a very organized structure, a devoted team, a nice project organization, talented people with a lot of free time experts in their fields (graphics & modeling, programming, sound) plus a few project leaders, you won't get anywhere.

Simple mod projects for HL² or other fps take years to complete :/

Anyway, I can't promise anything, I already have work but if I can help, let me know.

You guys can use my likeness in your game, no problem. Fax me a waiver sheet and I'll sign it. Just remember, I'm awesome!

This sounds great. If you want a name for your company, call it 'I'm Awesome Studios'. You may have to pay O'Rothlain to use the name, but I'm sure he won't mind.

Hi All, happy to see some of you guys are excited.....don't have a lot of time, will post again at some later stage.

Cheers

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Ofcourse, I understand - I just wanted to let you guys know, if TRF is interested or not doesn't really make a difference, this is something we would like to do and like I said, once we have something to show we will give more info, no point in explaining for 2 days and then we don't see anything come of it.

Will go into detail of what we use and who we are once the time is right......
[/b][/quote]

The fact you have already indicated that nothing may come of it, means that this project will 100% fail. Nothing but 100% commitment, talented people and years and years of work could produce a quality rugby game.

In fact I think we heard something similar from another party in the past and guess what, nothing came of it.

Whatever you say knowsleyroader......like I said before, we don't really care whether TRF guys are interested or not. We wanted to share the info with you, but obviously there's no point........seems like you guys are just too happy to complain about EA and all the other studios, but no one wants to do something about it.

I only now realised that it was a mistake to post here, was not the response we were expecting. We thought people would be excited about the prospect of another game, guess not.

Cheers

Well Bluebulls, I'm very Excited!! best of luck with the development... I'm very grateful somebody is trying to make an effort and do the game justice... Stay the course dude.

At the moment it's all false hopes for me until you get all your ideas out in the open for debate and discussion so as we can best decide on what will work and what will not. I'd much prefer a Rugby League game though. :D

Whatever you say knowsleyroader......like I said before, we don't really care whether TRF guys are interested or not. We wanted to share the info with you, but obviously there's no point........seems like you guys are just too happy to complain about EA and all the other studios, but no one wants to do something about it.

I only now realised that it was a mistake to post here, was not the response we were expecting. We thought people would be excited about the prospect of another game, guess not.

Cheers
[/b]

So if you didnt care if TRF was interested why post ? .. and whats with the we thought ? There is only you who has posted anything. Wheres the rest of the team at ??

It WILL never happen and I will create a post 12 months from now to back my point up. I gurantee there will be no further information about the game than there is at this present time.

Edit - Unintelligable garbage apart from the swearing. That really shouldn't be the only understandable bit of a post. Haven't yet come across a constructive post from you. Grow up.

SFW

Nothing may come of this project, and we are entitled to make sure forum readers aren't misled, fair enough.

This has only been on the forum a couple of days though. Surely Knowsley, you have been outright negative. All we have the right to do, is let everyone know that it is not endorsed by TRF until we have some detailed plans and ideas PM'd to either a mod, admin or management.

It's fine to warn people to stay calm and be cautious, but it's still free to dream last time I looked.

edit: I'm not saying that I believe in this 'project'. I'm just saying the guy has the right to throw up an idea.

Latest posts