• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Rugby Game

Go hard BlueBull and stick it to all the naysayers, you are to be commended on your efforts not pulled down by all the others sitting around doing squat about the no rugby 07 situation. People on here should be stoked that you have asked for their input, cant recall EA asking for input from us.
And even if it comes to nothing - at least you tried.

go BlueBulls and the team.

I would love to see this come off so if there is anything we can do BlueBull then let me know

lol i dont mean to be pessimistic but is this a wind up? sorry if its not but his name is blue BULL lol

if its not good on you mate!!

I am shocked at the naysaying around here. Of course I shouldn't be. Knocking people has been around as long as ideas have.

Even if they produce a game that is at Stick Cricket's level, I'll give it a crack. It has to be fun, thats all.

I'll bet anything that if this game comes out and is even at Sega Megadrive level, many will want it on their hard drive. Just for fun.

Then if there's enough support and their "team" meets some other online help, it might turn into a PS1 level game next year, and so on.

Sure, most of these projects have crashed out before finishing. Does that mean we should all give up trying anything?

How about now we only have constructive posts? I know we have little evidence of a real game taking shape yet, but if you aren't interested STOP READING THE DAMN THREAD, lol!

Your alright Lora! You only said two words mate. Compared to the earlier guff you were a gentleman, lol!

If you keep having to answer to these muppets about whether you are legit or not you'll never get anything done.
[/b]

Thanks udo, for your reply!

Yea, I was thinking the same thing yesterday......but the responses seem much more positive now, thanks guys!

Hey all, thanks for the positive posts, it's definitely more fun reading than the initial posts :)

Will let you know how things go, will also get the site up in between so we can post blog-like updates.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Hi Darhf,

I was talking about syntax - and I know about memory management and pointers in C, thus the .Net advantages of that all being handle for you OR you can handle it if you want.

I never said C and C# are the same, I said, the code (meaning the code we have done so far) are the same. We have both C and C# copies of the rendering code we have been using, thus we can still change our mind on the language choice. That was all I was trying to point out.

And Yes, there are people that claim that C# is a good replacement for C, I was just quoting them - I myself do not know who decides it, I was merely mentioning it.

OO makes development much easier and faster, so another advantage :)

Sorry if I didn't explain all correctly, didn't know we had PROFESSIONAL developers here :)

Cheers
[/b]

So now its a small part time team who are working on a project in multiple programming languages ? Ok !
[/b][/quote]

Jesus Christ give the team a f***ing chance, i don't see YOU sitting here trying to make a rugby game. If you dont like what they are attempting to do then don't play the f***ing game.
[/b][/quote]

I find it frightening the amount of people putting their faith in a post on a forum with absolutely nothing to back it up whatsoever. If there are any cult members on the prowl, its rich pickings here my friend.

BTW im only so negative about this because me and Lox have been secretly working on a game since 06 came out and we are worried about our thunder being stolen.

It is league and union combined with over 30,000 real modelled players of all sports including, rugby, soccer, ice hockey, horse jumping and curling. We have over 382 stadiums with varying weather during matches. 700 referees from various sports each with their own sports rules implemented. Full franchise for 2,000 years. Only problem is its for xbox 360 and ps3 only.

Anyway should be out in a week or two. Hope you all like it.

What was the motivating factor that made you decide to give it a go?.

Have you seen how things were done in other Rugby games and thought that your team could do them much better?.

Are there new things that haven't even been mentioned that you have thought of that can be put in this game to improve the game playing experience?, if so feel free to share if you can at this stage.

And again I'd really prefer it if you could make a Rugby League game as well. It would be great if you could do a dual code game in one, i see no reason why not if it is basically going to be a no liscense game where we create the real players and strips. This could perhaps improve sales, it'll be a bit more work but could be worth it?.

One more question for now, At this very early stage, how customisable do you expect this game to be?.

Make sure we all get to have our say on the gameplay part of the game as that is most important, I'm not too fussed about the graphics, but if you can get the gameplay right with the help from those with experience with the latest games out, I'm sure we could all create a quality game together.

Good luck with it, it's not going to be easy.

What was the motivating factor that made you decide to give it a go?.

Have you seen how things were done in other Rugby games and thought that your team could do them much better?.

Are there new things that haven't even been mentioned that you have thought of that can be put in this game to improve the game playing experience?, if so feel free to share if you can at this stage.

And again I'd really prefer it if you could make a Rugby League game as well. It would be great if you could do a dual code game in one, i see no reason why not if it is basically going to be a no liscense game where we create the real players and strips. This could perhaps improve sales, it'll be a bit more work but could be worth it?.

One more question for now, At this very early stage, how customisable do you expect this game to be?.

Make sure we all get to have our say on the gameplay part of the game as that is most important, I'm not too fussed about the graphics, but if you can get the gameplay right with the help from those with experience with the latest games out, I'm sure we could all create a quality game together.

Good luck with it, it's not going to be easy.
[/b]

Hey Radman,

Yeah creating 2 games in one probably won't be much more work, but problem is we do not know League that well. So we will first need to get info from you guys if a decision is made to do something like that, which hasn't and probably won't be made until the Union part is done.

But like you said, the players and strips will be created by you guys, so yeah, it will then just be game code and options for league.

Now I know we are going to get a comment from someone saying "OOOH, no rugby game to show but now we going to get league as well", so just keep that comment to yourself as this is not the case, this is only union we are working on.

Radman - we want the game to be as customizable as possible, player names, attributes, stadium names, team names, tournaments all of that.

Other nice idea is for the game to auto update itself from the internet, a repo will be run where the latest stats / game updates will be downloaded for the game, so there won't be a yearly wait for updates.

Obviously, the licensed content will not be supplied from here, that is up to the user whether he wants to change the game contents to reflect the true players and teams :)

I am shocked at the naysaying around here. Of course I shouldn't be. Knocking people has been around as long as ideas have.

Even if they produce a game that is at Stick Cricket's level, I'll give it a crack. It has to be fun, thats all.

I'll bet anything that if this game comes out and is even at Sega Megadrive level, many will want it on their hard drive. Just for fun.

Then if there's enough support and their "team" meets some other online help, it might turn into a PS1 level game next year, and so on.

Sure, most of these projects have crashed out before finishing. Does that mean we should all give up trying anything?

How about now we only have constructive posts? I know we have little evidence of a real game taking shape yet, but if you aren't interested STOP READING THE DAMN THREAD, lol!
[/b]

The guy posts in a public forum and get a different reactions from different people.

If they can't bear negative comments, then the shouldn't post on a public forum and shouldn't even start to make a game, as the feedback you'll get will be 99.99% complaining, feature requests, questions about why the essential X rule isn't implemented yet and how it ruins the game, detail discussion, nitpicking, remarks on how your graphics sucks and how others would have done it better, begging about release dates, and a subhuman amount of exotic bug fixing . Better be prepared.

Do you know how much time and involvement needs to be put in a playable megadrive-level game ?

Do you know how much talent you need to for your game to be fun ?

If they have the talent, the time, the ressources, the patience and the balls required to do it, then they have my deepest apologies and my help anytime they want.

But I doubt it because I've seen this kind of declaration a thousand times on public forums, I participed in some, and usually when work needs to really start, nothing goes. People with a real motivation stop producing because they feel they're the only one working in the team, then the graphic man finds a new job and stops working on the project and gets never replaced, etc until the project dies completely.

I'd have gladly accepted a realistic goal, like them trying to make a rugby manager game. It's way less consuming in terms of ressources and manpower, it can start with only a few features and can be easily improved with layers of complexity over time.

But once again if they can do it, then Iw ish them success and happiness.

I find it frightening the amount of people putting their faith in a post on a forum with absolutely nothing to back it up whatsoever. If there are any cult members on the prowl, its rich pickings here my friend.

BTW im only so negative about this because me and Lox have been secretly working on a game since 06 came out and we are worried about our thunder being stolen.

It is league and union combined with over 30,000 real modelled players of all sports including, rugby, soccer, ice hockey, horse jumping and curling. We have over 382 stadiums with varying weather during matches. 700 referees from various sports each with their own sports rules implemented. Full franchise for 2,000 years. Only problem is its for xbox 360 and ps3 only.

[/b]

No Online? This sounds sh*t... I'm not buying it.

I'm now giving up on disagreeing with the all-Knowing on this one.

There's a post above somewhere that makes me think I should leave the sandpit and pacifiers to those who are enjoying it in there, lol.

Please let me know Blue Bulls, when can we expect something that make someone say this is for real? I am being polite, but you will appreciate that I can't really subscribe to your idea until that time.

I do wish you well, but we need something a little concrete to go on.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

No Online? This sounds sh*t... I'm not buying it.
[/b][/quote]

Oh yeah forgot to mention online. Yes it has full online and you can play against anyone on anygame on any system. You can connect to people playing half life or Madden or anything out there and it will force their system to download our game and start a match.

There is definately no lag as the game is controlled with mind waves 5 seconds in advance of you thinking your thought.

Cool eh ?

I'm now giving up on disagreeing with the all-Knowing on this one.

There's a post above somewhere that makes me think I should leave the sandpit and pacifiers to those who are enjoying it in there, lol.

Please let me know Blue Bulls, when can we expect something that make someone say this is for real? I am being polite, but you will appreciate that I can't really subscribe to your idea until that time.

I do wish you well, but we need something a little concrete to go on.
[/b]

Dude do you think if someone had put a similar post on a Madden forum ie " Were making an american football game " it wouldnt have got slammed to high heaven ?

Just because we follow a niche sport ( certainly gaming wise ) we have to fall for any old tat of a post ?

Naaahh god bless ya. ;)

Do you know how much time and involvement needs to be put in a playable megadrive-level game ?

[/b]

Exactly just because games are old they are suddenly easy to program ? I remember finding a website about a guy who re created skooldaze the old spectrum game for the pc. Took him donkeys.

Im appauled that Sensible Soccer was even mentioned in this thread.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Hi Darhf,

I was talking about syntax - and I know about memory management and pointers in C, thus the .Net advantages of that all being handle for you OR you can handle it if you want.

I never said C and C# are the same, I said, the code (meaning the code we have done so far) are the same. We have both C and C# copies of the rendering code we have been using, thus we can still change our mind on the language choice. That was all I was trying to point out.

And Yes, there are people that claim that C# is a good replacement for C, I was just quoting them - I myself do not know who decides it, I was merely mentioning it.

OO makes development much easier and faster, so another advantage :)

Sorry if I didn't explain all correctly, didn't know we had PROFESSIONAL developers here :)

Cheers
[/b]

So now its a small part time team who are working on a project in multiple programming languages ? Ok !
[/b][/quote]

Jesus Christ give the team a f***ing chance, i don't see YOU sitting here trying to make a rugby game. If you dont like what they are attempting to do then don't play the f***ing game.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Whats the game going to be called???

Hey Blue Bull, have you considered just doing a comprehensive mod of the existing '06. I mean that makes a heck of a lot more sense than creating a game from scratch. You'd have all the animations etc. and if you are doing it as a non-profit thing anyway and for pure love of the sport then it makes a lot more sense. Essentially you'd be doing what EA will do anyway should they release an '07.
Of course this is on the assumption that it is even possible to mod rugby '06 to that extent, I'm aware that crappy old EA aren't big on supporting modders.

Latest posts